Average cost of 3 Bed Room Apartments in Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad

Hi Guys, Has anyone recently bought a new apartment in either Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad. I am looking to find out what is the average cost of an apartment across the country.

In Karachi there is a boom of apartments and some says the cost of the apartment starts from 9laks Rupees. Are they telling everything or there is another cost involved?

Rickshaw

lol, given the cost of construction (steel, cement and labor) I highly doubt you could find a decent 3 bedroom apartment for 9 lacs, let alone 40 lacs these days. The value of the apartments are determined by size (square footage), relative location (floor), services (elevator, backup power) and area (defence, gulshan, malir etc...).

9lacs or 90lacs ???

Cost fo apartments in good areas here are equivalent to getting a house. I don't see why anyone would want to go for an apartment when you own neither the land, nor the sky (literal translation of an Urdu expression). What happened to people in Margalla Towers after the earthquake is proof enough.

Number of people live in appartments, cost of maintaining an appartment is far less than that of a house, security is also relatively better in appartments compared to houses. What happened to Margalla Towers can by no means be projected across the whole scenario.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Number of people live in appartments, cost of maintaining an appartment is far less than that of a house, security is also relatively better in appartments compared to houses. What happened to Margalla Towers can by no means be projected across the whole scenario.
[/quote]

also that the flat owners have share in land which means that will have to bear the cost of construction again but then who said that houses are fully safe in earthquakes (or other natural disasters), if a house falls/ruins, then even you got bear the cost of re-construction. I agree to Nauman ul Haq that cost of maintenance and security are important factors/advantages.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What happened to people in Margalla Towers after the earthquake is proof enough.
[/quote]

Why are the quake suffered people, who were NOT living in apartments, still deprived of the possession of their own land? This is a useless point and altogether another debate.

In Karachi the price varies depending upon the area you’re talking about … A friend of mine bought an apartment last year in Gulistan-e-Johar. It was a 3 bedroom apartment which cost him around 32 lacks. If you’re talking about Defense, the same apartment would cost you around a lack or more. depending upon several other factors (closer to the main road, markets, water supply, etc.)

It really depends on the Area like in Bahadurabad area the apartments are the most expensive (if you exclude creek vista type projects where you go above 2 crore), you will get a 4 bedroom apartment for minimum 80 lakh (goes upto 1 crore 20 lac and even more) and this also depends on the kind of apartment like if it has parking etc etc

If the average cost of 3 bedroom apartment is around 33 laks and if the same size of house is around the same cost (in the same area) then why are builders keep on coming up new project. I thought that the cost of a house in the same area would be atleast 25% to 50% more than the cost of an apartment.

It is important to consider various factors, including security.

But are there any additional cost on regular monthly basis such as maintainence cost charged by the builders of apartment, which may include the use of other facilities within the apartment building.