Avast finds mal trackers on both torrent programs

I have µtorrent and Vuze installed and Avast has started picking up URL:mal on both, sumotracker on one, tracker.irc.su on the other. I can't remember adding an active torrent, although it is possible I added and then stopped one. Anyway, how do I find the offending tracker in the sea of torrents I have?

On Vuze I tried adding a tag but there appears no way to set the tag property so how do I search for the tracker? Or use the tag for anything useful?

The alerts got so annoying I had to close the programs. I prefer not to whitelist in Avast if that's what you're thinking.

I prefer not to whitelist in Avast if that's what you're thinking.

You........... sir, are not thinking for sure.... :)

Well, if you have felt 'that much' threatened by this malware then you can continue reading http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=96781.0 to see if its worth the effort or ignorance is a bliss...

I, on the other hand would simply uninstall avast regardless if I have paid for it or not and continue my torrenting habits preferably via private trackers in peace while keeping my interweb footprints & downloading direct free stuff from mama's or papa's.com at minimum.

Objecting the objectionable while being objectionable only creates more objections ;)

^ Last line.. too deep man, too deep... :wacko: :unsure: :unsure:

@OP

avast has generally been good to me.. but more often than not, when there is a failed update in avast due to lack of bandwidth in the INTERNET SECURITY suite, avast creates hell lot of problem. besides the firewall does nothing special anyway, just creating blocks for games exe.. i would recommend uninstalling, rebooting, and the installing the free avast antivirus which is free from avast for a year upon email registration.. this has worked very smoothly for me atleast and has removed all of avasts previous problems i faced..

You done schooled this nigga. And I do have the free AV, no firewall. The only thing I pay for is sex, and that too in emergencies.

@Faisal Avast has worked well, and while I don't feel threatened by the alerts or supposed malware, the alerts are annoying and impede torrent traffic. Objection MeeLaaard!

Use Bittorrent. :) Leave that crap Utorrent alone, it kept losing all the statistics. So i started using Bittorrent.

And you should believe in Avast as he is a man of his word(uptil now). :)

[quote=“Wire, post:4, topic:20721”]

You done schooled this nigga. And I do have the free AV, no firewall. The only thing I pay for is sex, and that too in emergencies.

@Faisal Avast has worked well, and while I don't feel threatened by the alerts or supposed malware, the alerts are annoying and impede torrent traffic. Objection MeeLaaard!

[/quote]

to the whitelist is then... Objection killed

[quote=“Wire, post:4, topic:20721”]

[/quote]

no wonder you are soo rich...

turn off notification in the AV settings, and especially turn off sounds..Mystery solved..!!

MalwareBytes found bad things

Avast didn't.

Will torrents run alert free?

Let's see.

[quote=“Wire, post:8, topic:20721”]

MalwareBytes found bad things

Avast didn't.

[/quote]

:D :D :D

Didn't I tell you to uninstall it?

dont use utorrent,dont use vuze,use qBittorrent.its great.

coz earlier 2 aint working.