Australian Visa

I have just applied for a visa, the thing is that the general impression right now in Pakistan is that the Australian High Commission Islamabad people are discriminating against Pakistanis. Every educational consultant thinks this is a bad time to apply (starting nov 2007). According to their statistics 90% of the students are rejected on grounds that "we dont think you are a genuine student".

We cant even appeal if we get rejected for a visa, so is there something that we can do? Who to complain about this?

an unmarried friend of mine recently got rejected, he had a valid multiple entry UK ,US,schengen and Canadian visa on his passport.. his average foreign trip never exceeded more then 3 weeks,a very fat bank statement didn't helped him either

Australians are currently flying abit too high..

here are a few tips i found helpful

1. dress soberly when going for an interview, and try to wear a tie, and ty to cover up all your tatoos.

2. be clean shaven and hair should be neat and clean,,

3. do not ramble on why you want to go there,,try to keep your answers to questions short,,never volunteer extra information for no reason,,

4. your documents should speak for yourself,,,if you have a bachelors from a top school in pakistan (like iba, lums) and you want to do your masters from australia,,there is a good chance your interview will be succesfull

5. they somtimes ask you if you haave friends in australia and people brag,,blah blah,,just say NO, you dont know anybody there..

6. never try to speak in a false english,australian accent,,they know u are pakistani,,speak in your normal accent

some of these are common sense,, be sensible..follow these guidelines and your succes rate for gettin a visa will increase

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

here are a few tips i found helpful

1. dress soberly when going for an interview, and try to wear a tie, and ty to cover up all your tatoos.

2. be clean shaven and hair should be neat and clean,

3. do not ramble on why you want to go there,try to keep your answers to questions short,never volunteer extra information for no reason,

4. your documents should speak for yourself,if you have a bachelors from a top school in pakistan (like iba, lums) and you want to do your masters from australia,there is a good chance your interview will be succesfull

5. they somtimes ask you if you haave friends in australia and people brag,blah blah,just say NO, you dont know anybody there…

6. never try to speak in a false english,australian accent,they know u are pakistani,speak in your normal accent

some of these are common sense, be sensible…follow these guidelines and your succes rate for gettin a visa will increase

[/quote]

thanks, if Australian embassy started calling people for visa interview then i will surely follow your advice

What exactly have you applied for Executionist? Im also planning to go out for studies.. A bit of info about the university you applied for, course details, fee structure, accommodation expenses etc might come handy :)

I have applied for Advamced Diploma in accounting from AICL http://www.aicl.nsw.edu.au/

Mainly because i was doing ACCA, so i picked this course to give them one less reason to reject me visa. But i will change my course once i reach there.

This institute has one of lowest fee structure. 3100 aus $ per semester which equals 195300 rupees. There are plenty of jobs there so one can easily work and recover all his expenses. In short once you reach there you wont be asking money from your parents anymore. Accomodation is upto you. You can choose hostel, paying guest or you can choose to stay with all the other pakistani students who rent houses.

have you ever been abroad or lived abroad executionist

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

have you ever been abroad or lived abroad executionist
[/quote]

cant say that i have been, although i make vacation trips to iran every other year, but that wouldn’t count