Attestation Requirement or Bug in NADRA Software?

I just had a chance to get my NIC updated for one information. They asked me to get the printed information attested by designated 17 Grade officer. What's the need for that? They already have in their system all the verified information.

Also i notice several fields like Mother, Father Name their NIC was empty but the said information is present in their Database for sure.

In general why the heck govt offices ask for the attested document? what is the theory of attestation?

do u know a word "khajjal khuwari"?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

do u know a word “khajjal khuwari”?
[/quote]

yea! what sort of purpose this useless activity serves? Universities ask students to submit attested copies of their Intermediate marks sheet. Whats the need of that? they don’t believe on copy? if that’s the case can’t they themselves compare the original and copy and accept it.

Just imagine how much Time and Fuel/energy collectively is going to be saved if this fuzool activity is stopped.

This is a loop in the system which is costing 100s of 1000s of nations collective hours and energy being wasted.

in FAST NU ISB we don't ask for any attested documents during admissions, because we know its all BS.....

and in many other private organizations, they don't ask for attested documents either

As abdulsami said its a fuzool activity and it should be stopped

This "photocopy" culture also bugs me. Does it happen in other countries too? I am seriously interested to know as to how do this process work in other countries. Here we need photocopy for almost all activities and sometimes attested copy is required.

^yes its in other countries too

TOEFL anyone ?

^ There is no problem with copies. The problem is when they ask it to get it attested by some one who they believe knows you and takes liability of the copy. In contrast you end up with paying an unknown person some fee who doesn't even know you to attest your copy.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ There is no problem with copies. The problem is when they ask it to get it attested by some one who they believe knows you and takes liability of the copy. In contrast you end up with paying an unknown person some fee who doesn’t even know you to attest your copy.
[/quote]

True. Why do they expect everyone to know at least someone working in a govt. dept. Doesn’t make sense at all.

Things like these only depicts the stupidity, and an environment of un-trustworthiness as a whole nation.

No wonder we are a third world country.