Ati or nvidia?

whats the best card in both flavours in scalable combination ???

SLI OR CROSSFIRE ?

I GO FOR ATI. because of its price to performance ratio and lesser power eating than nvidia....

this is complicated question, sli orcrossfire.

it will depend on these things

1. which resolution do you game at?

2. what games do you play or intend to play

3. what is your budget

if you answer these questions, then it will help us guide you to a build

Ati and Nvidia both are equally good.

well i am looking for such a combination of CROSSFIRE X which can play almost any game and also the ones that are going to be released in future like crysis 2 ,

my specs are core2duo(e4600) , 3gb ddr2 ram , ati radeon 5750 (512mb)....

am looking for core i5(650) , and atleast 4 gb ddr2 ram and a board which supports crossfire 2 way. and also suggest me which is the best card in combination for crossfire with my existing 5750 radeon card ?

or i should not upgrade to core 15 and still able to play games with my existing specs but with crossfire upgrade ? ( which i think i am not able to play on core2duo)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well i am looking for such a combination of CROSSFIRE X which can play almost any game and also the ones that are going to be released in future like crysis 2 ,

my specs are core2duo(e4600) , 3gb ddr2 ram , ati radeon 5750 (512mb)…

am looking for core i5(650) , and atleast 4 gb ddr2 ram and a board which supports crossfire 2 way. and also suggest me which is the best card in combination for crossfire with my existing 5750 radeon card ?

or i should not upgrade to core 15 and still able to play games with my existing specs but with crossfire upgrade ? ( which i think i am not able to play on core2duo)

[/quote]

i usually play games at 1024*768… not higher than that cuz i have a CRT monitor.

ok........ there are 2 options which you have.

1. upgrade some components so that you can play games (costs less money)

2. upgrade everything (cost more money)

now if you intend to play at 1024*768 on a crt monitor then all you have to do to play games at a good resolution is just to upgrade your processor to a e7500 or a e8400 (which is better of the two). That should be adequate. No need for crossfire and all that. I see that your processor is bottle necking your computer.

Now however if you want to upgrade your monitor to say a 20 or 24 inch lcd, then I suggest you go for the whole crossfire and core i5 setup.

To setup crossfire

--you need to pick at least a 600 - 700 watt power supply brand name should be corsair, fsp, antec.

--you need to pick a good casing with adequate cooling because 2 cards will produce some heat, I recommend cooler master cases

--buy a crossfire bridge (check to make sure that it comes with the graphic card you buy (you may already have it, usually they are in the box in the graphic cards)

If you think you have the budget then go for it.

If not... then save your money. upgrade your processor only and play games at good resolution with the setup you have.

more information on crossfire setup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_CrossFire

let us know what you decide so we can recommend you further on what card to buy and so forth

jack

bro am totally a budget user at this time... plz help me with that... how much an CORE2DUO(8000) series processor gonna cost me and for how much bucks my existing core2duo will be sold ? if u have any idea ?

i think i have already invested alot in my grafix card as i have mentioned above , its better for me to just upgrade my processor at this time as u have said in your first option...

now i need your help with the new one.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

bro am totally a budget user at this time… plz help me with that… how much an CORE2DUO(8000) series processor gonna cost me and for how much bucks my existing core2duo will be sold ? if u have any idea ?

i think i have already invested alot in my grafix card as i have mentioned above , its better for me to just upgrade my processor at this time as u have said in your first option…

now i need your help with the new one.

[/quote]

http://www.pakidea.com/pakidea/computer/processor_prices.htm

herez the list of prices… i think e8400 will be enuff for me to play games ?

@JACK i have searched the intel website

i think core2quad (q8400) 2.66 ghz would be enuff for me ... its an lga775 socket cpu and support my intel dg33fb board... what u say about that buddy ?

the list that you posted is very outdated,

here is a upto date list

http://www.galaxy.com.pk/main-forms/cpu-main.htm

if you want to buy new e8400 look around and if you find one new then fine. If not then there is the second hand option. Second hand e8400 should cost you between 9-10 thous depending on condition. A e7500 second hand will cost you 7-8 tho. There is however the risk of buying second so be careful.

if you want to go for a new one then either go for a e7500 (at 11,400) or q8400 (15600) with full warranty. Please check first if your mobo support these. Please check the market also as you can bargain sometimes for the above in the market.

The rest is up to you.

(if anybody else want to make any suggestions then they are welcome to do so )

IMO an e6500 dual core is a better choice than an c2d e7500. If you can find an e6800 dual core then even better. The c2d e7500 does not deliver good value for money now.

You can compare the CPUs performance here:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

--

--

thnx neoclue... i think my INTEL DG33FB motherboard can support the core2quad Q8400 ? am i right guys ?

thnx all for ur valuable comments and suggestions... i will keep in touch with you guys for core2quad q8400

SLI or Crossfire depends on your preference of the brand. But in my own personal experience, getting SLI or crossfire is just a marketing gimmick, nothing else. Unless you intend to play on extremely high resolutions (2560x1600), or thinking of going eyefinity route (3 monitors), its going to be a complete waste of money. Not to mention the tremendous power draw these beast will suck, increasing your electricity bill by a fair margin. Your best bet would be to get a GPU which is power enough to handle 1920x1080 resolution with all bells and whistles, without breaking a sweat. Now since you have a CRT, you might have to get a new LCD, but if you intend to play at 1024x768, then GTS 250 will do just fine. YOu will need a decent processor though, in order to squeeze as much performance as you can, because games are CPU limited at lower resolutions.

thanks alot JDK... am looking forward to buy a QHARCORE processor i.e q8400 in a couple of days to replace my core2duo e4600 ... i think that will be a cool blow for me after a very longtime.

--

i have matched the core2quad config for my current intel board and the results showed 100% compatibility.

so am cool with this intel board... thanks alot anyway.