Asus or Samsung LED monitor

I plan to buy a LED monitor in weekend and need your input on selection.

Purpose:I watch those 8-12GB mkv bluray movies so i need the one with best visuals.

Budget: around 17-20K's.

Display:

1. ASUS MS228H LED (21.5 inch) 18200PKR Asus MS228H
  2. Samsung S23A300 LED (23 inch) 19000PKR s23a300
  3. Samsung BX 2250 LED (21.5 inch) 20500PKRhttp://www.samsung.com/ph/consumer/monitor-peripherals-printer/monitor/led-monitor/LS22B5HVFH/XK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

The Price mentioned above is after searching techno-city.Now the problem is that the vendors that i met are not prepared to run the screen side by side,so i can't decide over them.All 3 LED's are full HD1080p and Asus's Dynamic contrast ratio is 10,000,000:1,where as both Sammy have 5,000,000:1 ratio.

[quote=“vantheman, post:, topic:”]

I plan to buy a LED monitor in weekend and need your input on selection.

Purpose:I watch those 8-12GB mkv bluray movies so i need the one with best visuals.

Budget: around 17-20K’s.

Display:

1. ASUS MS228H LED (21.5 inch) 18200PKR
  2. Samsung S23A300 LED (23 inch) 19000PKR s23a300
  3. Samsung BX 2250 LED (21.5 inch) 20500PKRhttp://www.samsung.com/ph/consumer/monitor-peripherals-printer/monitor/led-monitor/LS22B5HVFH/XK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

The Price mentioned above is after searching techno-city.Now the problem is that the vendors that i met are not prepared to run the screen side by side,so i can’t decide over them.All 3 LED’s are full HD1080p and Asus’s contrast ratio is 10,000,000:1,where as both Sammy have 5,000,000:1 ratio.

[/quote]

Samsung is far better than Asus in display things.

[quote=“vantheman, post:, topic:”]

Asus’s contrast ratio is 10,000,000:1,where as both Sammy have 5,000,000:1 ratio.

[/quote]

The world has yet to see a display with such high contrast ratio with LCD screens, you must be mistaken.

Samsung BX2250 is only 1000:1 as per the specs.

http://www.samsung.com/ph/consumer/monitor-peripherals-printer/monitor/led-monitor/LS22B5HVFH/XK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=specification

Well if I was here, I would go for Samsung BX 2250 LED (21.5 inch) because of its response time and that is more important than contrast ratio. And give you a sharper result and smooth motion.

The Dynamic Contrast is a big joke in itself. The things you should looking at is Typical Contrast Ratio. Anything less than 1000:1 deserves to be buried deep within ground. Also GTG 2ms panels should be taken with a mouthful of salt. Only consider true black to black/ white to white response times (most TN panels only show GTG response times).

Ok.I meant Dynamic Contrast Ratio.Well,i had my inclination towards Asus LED because of it's higher dynamic contrast ratio and because it has an HDMI port.Samsung BX2250(21.5 inch) has two HDMI ports whereas S23A300B comes with a DVI port.

Now if i decide to go with Samsung LED,like nvd650 says they are far better in quality,should i go with the expensive 21.5 inch BX2250 LED of which i can use hdmi port or the cheaper S23A300 23 inch LED which has a DVI port.Is BX2250 worth the extra bucks even though it's screen size is small? Suggest me in the context that i require best visual quality.

[quote=“vantheman, post:6, topic:15550”]

Ok.I meant Dynamic Contrast Ratio.Well,i had my inclination towards Asus LED because of it’s higher dynamic contrast ratio and because it has an HDMI port.Samsung BX2250(21.5 inch) has two HDMI ports whereas S23A300B comes with a DVI port.

Now if i decide to go with Samsung LED,like nvd650 says they are far better in quality,should i go with the expensive 21.5 inch BX2250 LED of which i can use hdmi port or the cheaper S23A300 23 inch LED which has a DVI port.Is BX2250 worth the extra bucks even though it’s screen size is small? Suggest me in the context that i require best visual quality.

[/quote]

You’ll get more confuse if you go in these details. Like now I must say give a chance to Dell too. And tell me if you can get original DVI cable from anywhere, I never found any yet. And yes hdmi is best option still because it carries both video and audio signals. And why will you leave a best things only for 2000 rps, there is no huge difference in 18K and 20K and tell you one thing :D yesterday after reading your post and knowing this model, today I’ve sold my current samsung LCD and ordered for the new samsung of 21.5" with 2 hdmi connecters :D and that is true, NO GUP

[quote=“nvd650, post:7, topic:15550”]

yesterday after reading your post and knowing this model, today I’ve sold my current samsung LCD and ordered for the new samsung of 21.5" with 2 hdmi connecters :D and that is true, NO GUP

[/quote]

I would like to read your feedback/review about this new monitor as I am also planning to buy one for my desktop. Hope you get it soon :)

I personally have Samsung S22A300B and satisfied with its performance attached it with DVI port.Very good results on games graphics and HD videos.

Believe it or not, but the Dell ST2320L LED is selling like hot cakes. I know of atleast 3-4 persons, who bought the same LED on the same day and unboxed it at Pakgamers. I myself am using ST2420L 24" LED, though it certainly is a bit more expensive. At its current price of 17.9k, the Dell LED is hard to beat. It comes with all accessories, has DVI, HDMI & VGA. Plus it boasts respectable specs compared to all other brands. And sports a minimalist look, which in my opinion is perfect for an LED of this size.

[quote=", post:8, topic:15550"]

I would like to read your feedback/review about this new monitor as I am also planning to buy one for my desktop. Hope you get it soon :)

[/quote]

My pc is with out screen now a days and I’ve to be on my laptop all the time so I’m not in hurry, I guess I’ll receive it in a day or two. but some one told me that there is a 3d screen in 22" by view sonic. Any news any idea? If it is true then I guess I can go for that. And dealer was also telling me about Dell told by jDk above. Now I’m again confuse :P

Initially i was buying Dell ST2320L but after seeing it's review on youtube,i thought otherwise.The build looks cheap.

I am surprised no one here is even interested in ASUS MS228H LED.It has all the features HDMI,VGA,2ms response time plus it looks sooo aesthetic-wise coool.Are there no owners here?

Regarding LEDs with HDMI ports Like Sammy BX2250,How will i get audio to my 2.1 speakers through one HDMI cable that is connected b/w LED and GPU.I've read that HDMI transfers both audio and video signals but never understand how will i hear audio with it.someone please explain.

[quote=“vantheman, post:12, topic:15550”]

Initially i was buying Dell ST2320L but after seeing it’s review on youtube,i thought otherwise.The build looks cheap.

I am surprised no one here is even interested in ASUS MS228H LED.It has all the features HDMI,VGA,2ms response time plus it looks sooo aesthetic-wise coool.Are there no owners here?

Regarding LEDs with HDMI ports Like Sammy BX2250,How will i get audio to my 2.1 speakers through one HDMI cable that is connected b/w LED and GPU.I’ve read that HDMI transfers both audio and video signals but never understand how will i hear audio with it.someone please explain.

[/quote]

If you connect you lcd monitor or tv (with speakers) to any device like laptop, audio system or play station, with HDMI cable, it will give audio to your displaying device without any extra audio connector.

[quote=“nvd650, post:13, topic:15550”]

If you connect you lcd monitor or tv (with speakers) to any device like laptop, audio system or play station, with HDMI cable, it will give audio to your displaying device without any extra audio connector.

[/quote]

Still don’t get it.So what you are saying is the LED/LCD/Display needs to have built-in speakers on them,so they could output the sound? :unsure:

[quote=“vantheman, post:14, topic:15550”]

Still don’t get it.So what you are saying is the LED/LCD/Display needs to have built-in speakers on them,so they could output the sound? :unsure:

[/quote]

Can sound come out without speakers built in? Well some led’s have audio out connectors, you can connect your amplifier with that connector as well.

[quote=“vantheman, post:12, topic:15550”]

Initially i was buying Dell ST2320L but after seeing it’s review on youtube,i thought otherwise.The build looks cheap.

Regarding LEDs with HDMI ports Like Sammy BX2250,How will i get audio to my 2.1 speakers through one HDMI cable that is connected b/w LED and GPU.I’ve read that HDMI transfers both audio and video signals but never understand how will i hear audio with it.someone please explain.

[/quote]

The biggest problem with Asus MS228H is its stand. It wobbles a lot and is not stable. Looks wise it doesn’t look like a LCD monitor at all, more like a laptop screen due to its screen orientation. See here:

Asus-Designo-MS238H-and-MS228H-LED-backlight-Displays-for-Australia.jpg

I’m not advocating Dell, but the reviews on all online sites should be taken with a grain of salt. Everyone whom I have acquaintance with that bought ST2320L thinks otherwise. Check Pakgamers hardware section. You will be pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: On second thought, I’ll post the links here myself

http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f24/unboxing-dell-st2320l-102091/

http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f24/unboxing-its-here-dell-st2320l-102124/

http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f24/unboxing-23-led-hd-dell-101998/

My thread when I bought it in Dec 2010:

http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f24/unboxing-dell-st2420l-led-77897/

Just look at the feedback and then decide. What you need is the best bang for your money. Nothing else.

[quote=“jDk, post:16, topic:15550”]

The biggest problem with Asus MS228H is its stand. It wobbles a lot and is not stable. Looks wise it doesn’t look like a LCD monitor at all, more like a laptop screen due to its screen orientation. See here:

I’m not advocating Dell, but the reviews on all online sites should be taken with a grain of salt. Everyone whom I have acquaintance with that bought ST2320L thinks otherwise. Check Pakgamers hardware section. You will be pleasantly surprised.

[/quote]

there is no feedback but congrats congrats masha Allah etc etc :)

Samsung LCDs have a pathetic button panel. In my opinion, nothing would have changed in the case of LEDs.

I have deferred my purchase for couple of days till the weather gets normal.I've narrowed down to samsung or dell(because of good reviews).Asus is now out of the race;i too had apprehensions about the stability of it's stand which is now confirmed.

One question that need answering just to clear is;is there difference Video-wise in using DVI or HDMI input of a LCD/LED.Note i mean only visual quality wise here strictly and no audio advantage of HDMI.Thanks

[quote=“vantheman, post:19, topic:15550”]

I have deferred my purchase for couple of days till the weather gets normal.I’ve narrowed down to samsung or dell(because of good reviews).Asus is now out of the race;i too had apprehensions about the stability of it’s stand which is now confirmed.

One question that need answering just to clear is;is there difference Video-wise in using DVI or HDMI input of a LCD/LED.Note i mean only visual quality wise here strictly and no audio advantage of HDMI.Thanks

[/quote]

Well there is no difference in HDMI and DVI but only audio Signals. Both are digital signal but only disadvantage in case of DVI that I never found a Good Cable for DVI as there are many available in Market for HDMI.