Assembly passed bill against SMS

I just received this sms from unknown source and It had a message that assembly have passed the bill against SMS and all mobile carriers have been issued a notice to close down there unlimited SMS packages and make the SMS cost rs more then 4 or 5 rupees.

Anybody have the similar news ?

It would be a blessing in disguise. SMS spamming has been on the rise.

Unfortunately, this news doesn't seems to be true for now... :(

if true its a good news.

How is this good news? That's the most absurd way of solving a problem. That's like saying the solution to software piracy in Pakistan is to make computers so expensive that no one would be able to buy them... You don't take a technological step backwards, you introduce an effective measure to solve the problem. Define the problem, introduce stringent punishments for people who are caught (fine and/or jail) and then enforce the law.

I see no problem with SMS packages that our national assembly has to intervene in it.

In a quick glance over Jang and Dawn websites, I am unable to find any such news. It is highly probable that it is fake news.

We should not discuss further on it otherwise we'll be helping in spreading fake news that will increase distress in less-informed people.

This is obviously not a good news. Sms are not only use for spamming but also for very useful in bad times. :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I see no problem with SMS packages that our national assembly has to intervene in it.

In a quick glance over Jang and Dawn websites, I am unable to find any such news. It is highly probable that it is fake.

We should not discuss further on it otherwise we’ll be helping in spreading fake news that will increase distress in less-informed people.

[/quote]

x2

The purpose of posting this news here was just only announcing it as a fake, because more then 5 of my friends received the similar sms including me for more then 3 times the same sms. I’m posting the sms by just copying from my mobile here.

kal assembly main bill pass kr dya hai k 1st may se tamam networks par sms khatam krdye jayege, ek sms 5 se 6 rupai ka parega… aur is tarha hm sms ki azeem nemat se mehroom ho jayenge! hum aisa nahi hone dainge aor bharpoor aehtejaj kertai hai k is faisle ko wapis liya jaye… forward plz

[/quote]

lol at azeem nemat :D

^ Cellular companies (PTA should push this matter) should investigate in this matter. Cellular companies must report to police and police should arrest those people who started spreading this disinformation. FIR must be launched on them for spreading false information and causing distress.

If not then CJ of Pakistan's Supreme Court should take Suo Motu notice on this.

These people should be fined and must spent some years in jail to become pitiful example for other malice.

^ Are you living in pakistan dude !!! :D

How will our police know who spread this sms. On the other hand some of the people will just google this sms and all they will find is my post.They will first arrest me. Stop threatening me. Threatening other members on WP is breaking the rules.

^ Are you living in pakistan dude !!! :D

How will our police know who spread this sms. On the other hand some of the people will just google this sms and all they will find is my post.They will first arrest me. Stop threatening me. Threatening other members on WP is breaking the rules.

[/quote]

Let me clear, I am not threatening you.

Secondly, in past, cellular companies had been able to trace the “starter” of other malicious activities on SMS. Once, from Peshawar, someone started viral SMS and if you don’t forward the SMS then something bad will happen. Cellular companies were able to trace to original SMS poster and his account was closed and might had taken other legal action too.

Moreover, I hope that you remember the case of “exploding cellphones” rumor that was spread over SMS. The infamous case, in which Rehman Malik (the government adviser) had to take action into it.

Due to government regulations, cellular companies keep records of SMS communication. Therefore, it is very easy to trace back to “original starter”.

Malice people must be punished.

^ Ahh lol I was just messing wampyr :D

i smell the roots of this (potential) bill to be you=know=who's SMS jokes.

Wired Pakistan - All things tech + rumors. :D

if this happens, its total BS

actually, They are starting a new package. Zardari Bundle package.

Buy 1 Kg atta and get 500 free sms :D

actually, They are starting a new package. Zardari Bundle package.

Buy 1 Kg atta and get 500 free sms :D

[/quote]

ROFL :lol:

But it has restriction that you can’t send “Z” jokes. And you need to write ending line as “Zardari Zindabad” to each SMS :P

It has been confirmed that SMS service will continue. ALA zardari government is action and we can have more bundle sms like the one Wampyr and Slave suggested.

It was a rumour so close the thread mods.