Arrests Reported for Sending Indecent SMS

A student has been arrested from Okara for sending indecent SMS to Rehman Malik – he was reportedly shouting at minister against this new SMS/MMS/Email law, reported PkOnWeb Blog.

This news was further confirmed by FIA officials, which are already on their toes. A senior officer at law enforcement agency said that the directive has been there, all they need are the complaints for taking any action against offenders.

A fellow on TGP shared following

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
My friend received a Prerecorded Call from his own CLI on his mobile in urdu message

“Aap Kay Number say Ghair Ikhlaqi Msg or call ho rhi hain app in say guraiz karain wrna app ki services suspend kr di jain gi”

Actually he forwards Jokes (different types, against govt also : ) to his other friends)

[/quote]

Lesson: Watch out guys, don’t take things lightly.

It merits mentioning here that If convicted under the new law, offenders can face up to 14-years in jail.

source

Source?

May be scare tactics by government ...spreading rumours....like it happened a few years ago when it was rumoured that people are injecting with AIDS infected injection in public places like cinema halls e.t.c.

Source?
[/quote]

propakistani blog

propakistani blog

[/quote]

thats not source man, any basheer, tanveer and javed can open up their own blog, give any established newspaper or tv channel reporting source.

without reputable source credibility of your thread is nothing more than crying wolf…

May be scare tactics by government…
[/quote]

I agree I think so too…

any ways.

I’d like u to read a story

at http://www.urdupoint.com/mazah/mazahNew.php?subcatId=36&mazah_id=1652&page=1&page1=2

it’s a little big one, but quite soft and interesting… :)

took up to 10 minutes of mine…

@kashifyy

is this the source? http://www.propakistani.com/2009/07/21/new-law-in-action-arrests-reported-for-sending-indecent-sms/

read this one too on the same blog… http://www.propakistani.com/2009/07/15/if-celcosisps-can-filter-smsemails/

I am not in Govt’s top. nor in local telecom/ISP field. so I dont know which news is true. I just dont believe such blogs without a proper authentication.

but I know there are automated Spam Filters which they can install but I really think it’s quite difficult for our current scenario for them them to handle. if they want it fully automated then they would need pretty fully functional AI robot. any way. you all know the situation of SMS/Emails strength. the only way to filter these kind of messages is to monitor them individually for a kind of their targeted content. and I have read some article perhaps on bbcurdu.com saying that FIA has this(very limited) number of personals in its Cyber Wing. they would not assign them or to the whole FIA to monitor the messages for this bad task.

I agree with TechMan.

they are trying to make ground that they could handled the situation(what they don’t like) without doing any thing actually

P.S. I never say for any thing in Computer Science that it’s not possible. but it requires equipments, resources, and skills.

On Express Tv ...there will be program of Javed Chaudry and Rehman Malik

I am not sure of date....just saw the glimpse of it on tv now

Yes! 3 days before another Man from Karachi was arrested bcoz of sending immoral Religious SMS to other people...!

propakistani blog

[/quote]

I wouldn’t ever trust ProPakistani. They are copy central - copying articles from various sources and putting them in one place. Plus, the ^&(% added my email to their mailing list without my approval, which I consider to be unsolicited spam. I urge everyone to mark their weekly notifications as spam.

fantastic step !!! i hope they will imprision the !@#$%^& as an example for others who criticize others without any proof or reason ...

fantastic step !!! i hope they will imprision the !@#$%^& as an example for others who criticize others without any proof or reason …
[/quote]

what about you ? you are condemning him without knowing what messages he sent. (we don’t even know if this story is true or not)

I am against indecent (or any misleading) sms or e-mails but i am aginst new law because Punishment is extremely harsh, 14 years for sms against few selected people only. People who came up with this law must be out of their mind. Few days or a few thousand fine is much more reasonable.

I wouldn’t ever trust ProPakistani. They are copy central - copying articles from various sources and putting them in one place. Plus, the ^&(% added my email to their mailing list without my approval, which I consider to be unsolicited spam. I urge everyone to mark their weekly notifications as spam.

[/quote]

+1

I just started getting Telenor and Mobilink newsletters - which everyone knows is spam (and not authentic)

+1

I just started getting Telenor and Mobilink newsletters - which everyone knows is spam (and not authentic)

[/quote]

+1 to that!

FIA nabs person spreading blasphemous thoughts through Internet

Sunday, July 19, 2009

By Shakeel Anjum

ISLAMABAD: The Cyber Crime Circle of the Federal Investigation (FIA) and police have jointly achieved a unique breakthrough by successfully tracing and arresting a person found involved in using the Internet to disseminate his highly obnoxious and blasphemous thoughts about the Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).

On the complaint of Ansar Abbasi, Editor Investigations, The News, and following initial investigations held by the IT Wing of the Jang Group, the FIA traced the accused through the obnoxious e-mail and got him arrested for allegedly committing blasphemy. This is the first case of its nature in Pakistan where an accused has been arrested for committing blasphemy through the Internet.

The FIR, under Section 295-C of the CrPC, has been registered in police station Gizri of Defence, Karachi. The FIR No is 350 and the accused arrested by the FIA is Murad, who is a middle-aged man and father of four. He lives in Karachi but has his restaurant business in the UK.

The accused is alleged to have sent an e-mail to Ansar Abbasi, at his official e-mail address, in response to the column of the senior journalist that appeared in the daily Jang on June 29. The accused used Dr Omar Zia as his name and used khayyam_o@yahoo.com as the e-mail containing highly blasphemous material.

On June 30, another e-mail from the same address was sent to Ansar Abbasi, who initially took up the matter with the top Jang Group management, which immediately directed its IT wing to collect all the necessary details about the sender of these blasphemous e-mails.

After the basic details collected by the Jang Group’s IT men, the case was formally referred to the Cyber Wing of the FIA, which probed the matter and concluded that the sender of these blasphemous e-mails was in Karachi.

After certain other counter checks in an extremely secret manner, the FIA completed it probe and then raided the house of the accused Murad, got him arrested besides confiscating his laptop that was used to send the obnoxious e-mails to the Editor Investigations daily The News.

The Cyber Wing of the FIA discovered that the accused was sending similar blasphemous material to several other people.

Since the Prevention of Electronic Crime Ordinance (PECO) does not have any provision covering the serious offence of blasphemy, therefore, the case was referred to the Karachi Police after the accused was arrested by the FIA under Section 5 of the FIA Act. The accused was probed by the concerned Cyber Crime Circle of the FIA in Karachi under Section 20 of PECO.

Later, on the advice of the FIA, a fresh complaint was lodged with the Karachi Police by Ansar Abbasi, reporting the receipt of blasphemous e-mails because PECO was inadequate to be applied in such a serious offence. On receipt of the said complaint and following the investigations carried out by the FIA, an FIR was formally lodged by the Karachi Police against the accused on blasphemy charges.

According to FIA Cyber Crime Circle chief Shahid Nadeem Baloch, it is a great achievement for them to have successfully traced this case of cyber crime and even getting arrested the accused after a vigil of many days. Baloch said that the Circle was capable of checking cyber crime in the country.

Source

[/quote]

Funny they used the word "thought".

’]

what about you ? you are condemning him without knowing what messages he sent. (we don’t even know if this story is true or not)

I am against indecent (or any misleading) sms or e-mails but i am aginst new law because Punishment is extremely harsh, 14 years for sms against few selected people only. People who came up with this law must be out of their mind. Few days or a few thousand fine is much more reasonable.

[/quote]

doesnt matter if its rumor or true the point is illegal / immoral /baseless accusations against soverign establishment is a crime , as far your point about punishment is concerned let me give you an example consider example of "Wiredpakistan.com " imagine one member sends baseless false rumors as Private messages to all members against Administrators of forum and abuse them , Moderator will definately Ban that user , right ?

same is case here ,thats why they are imposing strickt rules and thats good :)

^I dont think there could be a comparison between

Member of Forums --- Citizen of Pakistan

Administrators/Moderators of Forums ----- President/Prime Minister/blah blah of Paksitan

and more extently "baseless false rumors"...... I dont think there is any baseless and false rumors. :/

P.S. I am only not in the favor of sending these kind of SMS because I feel this is a waste of time.

^Thx God

bellskar has also realized.lol

ALthough abusive sms are morally not good but such arrest by law enforcing authorities is also condemnable as arresting and putting people in jails will not solve the problem.

Instead of this the government should empasize on the performance of their ministers.

^Thx God

bellskar has also realized.lol

[/quote]

I am sorry… :rolleyes: I didn’t realize that I have realized some thing :confused:

ALthough abusive sms are morally not good but such arrest by law enforcing authorities is also condemnable as arresting and putting people in jails will not solve the problem.
[/quote]

these SMS might be abusive or any kind of indecency could be in these SMS/Email messages. but if some one give me as such trouble, difficulties to live, make my life hell, and even tie my hands that I am not able to do any thing against him. then I’ll really shout at him to make my self cool down.

not wishing but if any one come your home and start juggling with you and your stuff, what will you do if he has the POWER???.

try to think man. AFAIK people are not doing bad too sending/receiving these kind of messages. It’s un-grown Government that should realize that they have much serious work to do rather than stopping their people even from talking, speaking, and express their feelings. I hope this will lead all of you (who think that the people are doing wrong) to think No! they are not wrong, instead the Government has not left any option to them.

Instead of this the government should empasize on the performance of their ministers.
[/quote]

good one

any ways my last post was just for the facts that Xainnadeem tried to compare,

two facts

Forum members abusing about Forum Admins

and

Pakistani Citizen abusing some Government Specifics

these facts are totally different basing upon they have very different reasons.

admins will ban the user for some reason, and it doesn’t really mean that Govt. have to spare the full lives of people for no reason… (“no reason”… you really know about “no reason” I have explain that well above)

P.S. we should stop discussing these elements more and more and more. before they have one more thing to monitor “Forums”:P. may be we are already late…

Goodbye freedom of speech and thought. Welcome to pseudo-North Korea!