Are we competitive to US based campaign "One Laptop Per Child"?

The One Laptop Per Child Association, Inc. (OLPC) is a non-profit organization set up to oversee the creation of a cheap, affordable educational device for use in the third world. Its current focus is on the development, construction and deployment of the laptop to promote "Children's Education in Developing Nations. OLPC is funded by a number of sponsor organizations, including AMD, Brightstar Corporation, eBay, Google, Marvell, News Corporation, SES, Nortel Networks, and Red Hat. Each company has donated two million dollars.

Well !@#$ Friends, I do question myself often that are we in the process of building up a generation that can compete such worldwide generation in future? Will we be able to compare mental wavelength of our children to that of theirs?

If you donate 400$ to OLPC they send one laptop to you and one laptop to poor children in third world countries..So they are trying to get people to buy a piece of crap notebook for 400 dollars and they will donate another peice of crap to some kid in need.Thats such as great idea it's the stupidest thing ever.They have failed because the laptop cost more than 150 dollars.The idea is to help these children why tease them with such a sub standard machine such as crappy machine that these hand cranked laptops are. The purpose is to bring technology to third world countries and educate these children but these machines aren't going to do anything for them the rest of the world would still be ahead of them....If they want someone to pay 400 for a notebook they aren't going to use why not just have someone donate 400 dollars and buy a decent notebook for these kids.If you really want to help some poor kid go find one on the corner give him 400 dollars instead of buying the craptop.

(A donation of $200 will pay for and deliver one XO laptop to a child in a developing nation, $400 will pay for and deliver two XO laptops, and so on. Your entire contribution will be tax-deductible. )

Also, we don't need this type of crappy program for Pakistan..You can forget about Laptops for now..Poor people don't even have food to eat..

how about free education per child to begin with, that will do wonders :)

these fckn government people will sell those laptops and put the money in their pockets if the donation laptop ever comes here just like what happened to the relief stuff for the earthquake

Well I dont mean that we can endure such organizational plans.. I meant that the western leaders are promoting and breeding their offsprings in such a way that they are getting well versed with the upcoming tech era.. and unfortunately, we still struggling harder everyday than previous to achieve a better life platform..

Its really competiting to challenge the generation that has been familiar since their seed ages..

First Food than Education than high tech education. Regarding Government, they are trying their best to remain in government to loot public money.

.... alas we have no option other than getting looted :-(

we qualify for "one roti per child" program nowadays

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

we qualify for “one roti per child” program nowadays
[/quote]

Fantastic Idea

please give first give one day food to your citizens in pakistan, people who don't have food, drinking water, basic medical.... so where do you come and talk about laptops fo r general population?

in this forum my common sense guess would be we represent about 5 percent of people belonging to educated families. what we talk here is in my guess would be relevant to 5 or may be 10 percent of pakistani public, who represent rest of 90 percent?

please give first give one day food to your citizens in pakistan, people who don’t have food, drinking water, basic medical… so where do you come and talk about laptops fo r general population?

in this forum my common sense guess would be we represent about 5 percent of people belonging to educated families. what we talk here is in my guess would be relevant to 5 or may be 10 percent of pakistani public, who represent rest of 90 percent?

[/quote]

exactly…thats why its called Tech forum…

for general discussion search for other forums please…

exactly…thats why its called Tech forum…

for general discussion search for other forums please…

[/quote]

yeah this what i am saying, we may be 5 percent or 10 percent, our economics is very different from rest of pakistan, its very fashionable now a days of govt and politicians to take snapshot of our economics in pakistan and label all pakistan that it is doing great and and everything is positive, it is very unfair and i think it is insulting to rest of of the 90 percent of pakistanis who are living miserable life, its just my opinion.