Are local banks open on saturdays?

Just wanted to know if the banks have started staying open on saturdays?

i heard they were thinking about implementing that, since for 9 to 5 people who work 5 days a week, its very hard to do a bank related task, other than weekend.

Please share if you know about this.

not as yet which is actually hurting now really.

they are not open on saturdays but have extended their weekdays timings.

yes, extended weekdays timings are good but, Saturdays closing while other business is running effects.

i think with ATMs and mobile/e banking you dont want to visit banks

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i heard they were thinking about implementing that, since for 9 to 5 people who work 5 days a week, its very hard to do a bank related task, other than weekend.
[/quote]

What about bank-related people, who usually work long hours even after closure of business timing, and want to do OTHER tasks? Ever thought about them? If one wants to do bank-related tasks, these should be done during business timings, as is done in rest of the world.

I hope it stays like this. At least it now feels like a weekend, instead of no weekend at all (because all of Sunday was spent on household chores).

Yeah it sucks that they are closed on saturdays. But I hear that they will again start working on Saturdays from August.

they are not open on saturdays but have extended their weekdays timings.
[/quote]

Do tell? What are the new weekday timings? Previously it was 9-5.

What about bank-related people, who usually work long hours even after closure of business timing, and want to do OTHER tasks? Ever thought about them? If one wants to do bank-related tasks, these should be done during business timings, as is done in rest of the world.

[/quote]

Demand a higher wage :) If you don't like the work load then switch jobs. What else can you do? As a customer I want banks to be open all day everyday. Look at general stores for instance. They are open till 12 midnight and even on Sundays.

Demand a higher wage :) If you don’t like the work load then switch jobs. What else can you do? As a customer I want banks to be open all day everyday. Look at general stores for instance. They are open till 12 midnight and even on Sundays.

[/quote]

That’s what i would want to see too. Right now, i’ve to get office late if i ever need to go to the bank. And i guess thats the same for majority of the 9-to-5ers. Just make saturday a ‘half day’ for banks, and if its too much work for them, reduce their workday from 5pm till 2pm may be. Should be a breeze.

And to the guys suggesting eBanking and ATMs, … well if you think banking is COMPLETE with your ATM card and eBanking, i guess we should just have banks open once a week then (just for new people to sign up for ATM cards and eBanking accounts, eh?)

dammit, ATMs are always empty on the weekends.. ..

I sure hope they bring it back by August