Applying for UK tourist visa

Has anyone got detail on applying for a UK visa as a tourist? Or may be if some family member is living there?

I have got the details from UK government website but I want to know if someone actually went through this process here in Pakistan so I can get details first hand.

Those who went through this process successfully they never looked back I'm talking about some forum members :)

Addition in armada's statement. And they are still on tour. :-P

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

LOL. I came back haha.

Is there anything in particular you’d like to ask? It was a relatively straightforward process.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“shaheerk, post:4, topic:21083”]

LOL. I came back haha. Is there anything in particular you'd like to ask? It was a relatively straightforward process. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Do you need someone in UK to sponsor you?

What's the minimum bank balance requirements?

How long does it take to get the visa?

1. I had no sponsor, but I did say that I'm going to visit my friends. I gave his address, but turns out that when I landed in London, he shifted houses lol. But - my mistake was not intentional. Anyway, I said I didn't have a sponsor and wanted to visit. 2. I didn't have to show a "minimum" - I did show my bank statement (whatever it was) and told them that I have some forex and an investment of some amount elsewhere. I also gave them my salary slip... And I don't earn much (banks don't pay...and no bonus was given to me. Ever). They basically check if you're able to finance your visit without having to seek recourse on the public funds. Also, I think the salary slip showed that I have a job here and have to return to the country as well. 3. I got mine in around 3 to 4 weeks. At the end of week 3, I had a telephonic interview and by the end of week 4, Gerry's in Islamabad rang my number.

I have a copy of the questions they asked me during the interview. My circumstances were different for the visit (I was already bound for the US during the travel months and wanted to visit London on the way back).

Go ahead. Ask me anything else you may need help in.

And - I have a Pakistani passport and hadn't left the country in almost a decade.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:6, topic:21083”]

1. I had no sponsor, but I did say that I'm going to visit my friends. I gave his address, but turns out that when I landed in London, he shifted houses lol. But - my mistake was not intentional. Anyway, I said I didn't have a sponsor and wanted to visit. 2. I didn't have to show a "minimum" - I did show my bank statement (whatever it was) and told them that I have some forex and an investment of some amount elsewhere. I also gave them my salary slip... And I don't earn much (banks don't pay...and no bonus was given to me. Ever). They basically check if you're able to finance your visit without having to seek recourse on the public funds. Also, I think the salary slip showed that I have a job here and have to return to the country as well. 3. I got mine in around 3 to 4 weeks. At the end of week 3, I had a telephonic interview and by the end of week 4, Gerry's in Islamabad rang my number. I have a copy of the questions they asked me during the interview. My circumstances were different for the visit (I was already bound for the US during the travel months and wanted to visit London on the way back). Go ahead. Ask me anything else you may need help in. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

And - I have a Pakistani passport and hadn't left the country in almost a decade. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Great that really helped. So you applied through Gerrys?

And I assume you are single so how come they let you in so easily!

So we have to go UK embassy in Islamabad for interview?

PM me interview questions.

[quote=“TechMan, post:7, topic:21083”]

Great that really helped.

And I assume you are single ......so how come they let you in so easily!

[/quote]

Very sorry for derailing.. but couldnt stop laughing.. :D