Applying for PTCL dsl

I just applied for PTCL dsl. I used the procedure of the student package website, have it stamped/signed by my institute, printed the form and gave it to the PTCL customer service office near my house. The representative told me that it generally takes around 1 week for the connection.

Can anyone guide me if I have to do something else other than the mentioned procedure above?

Do they take advance payment because he didn't ask me for any payment?

P.S: My line quality is good as i' m using LDN currently.

no nothing to be paid before connection establishment....after your connection gets established you should get the bill of that DSL service next month...and that would only include the days you used it...from the day it gets installed. no CPE or other charges...! but this week means 7working days..

I think PTCL is now charging Rs. 500 upfront charges for connection.

yup tht adds to the very first bill.!

Thanks alot.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I think PTCL is now charging Rs. 500 upfront charges for connection.
[/quote]

OMG this is now bullying.

Taxes everywhere.Ptcl got some confusing taxes

Taxes everywhere.Ptcl got some confusing taxes
[/quote]

yeah…i have two lines and was calculating the tax percentage on both…it was different on both…i guess they charge the tax on proportion to the overall amount…!

yeah…i have two lines and was calculating the tax percentage on both…it was different on both…i guess they charge the tax on proportion to the overall amount…!

[/quote]

Yes that is why I asked here http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=15500. How are these taxes calculated ?

connection charges? :S

I wanted to ask whether LDN uses the same PTCL exchange or not as PTCL AND LDN both are DSL providers.

Curious to know abt the exchange thing coz if the connection gets established, i don't think it is gonna work good as the exchange seems more than 3 km from my house.

Yeah LDN has to rely on PTCL's infrastructure ofcourse. I don't know why PTCL is charging connection charges now though. They previously didn't charge that. Why the sudden change in policy? Is it because of fibre optic deployment?