Apple Unveiled Iphone 4

Find the diff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFx_6-PleGg&feature=player_embedded#!

Yeah! I have got that email alert a couple days ago. The only thing I noticed, which is good indeed, that they have a little change in the name of the phone after it was leaked out :P

And you see, they just have showed that their next iPhone was never leaked out fully.... as the name of the device wasn't iPhone 4G ... :P

Other things were already well known what actually it's gonna have in it...

Oh man..... why do I pinpoint crap from within Apple always while I do like their devices really :rolleyes:

I am just commenting it without even watching the video above...

just will watch after it...

this is total BULLSH*T

video calling was introduced by nokia even before 2005 and now they introduce video calling in 2010 and say like "oh it feels so real looking into the eyes of your loved ones on phone"

this is so GAY all of this apples bullshiit...

now they ll put a price tag of 1500$ on it and fu*k the pockets of crazy apple fanboys...

^about price I am not sure but I've read some where that Apple has plans about launching the new iPhone in the same price in which they launched the iPhone 3GS...... This was amazing news for me to hear.. any ways....

@Video.. and @Device

I again noticed one thing if I heard it correctly. At 1:14 on seek bar, did that man just state "it's all about connecting people" :P

any ways. I really appreciate that Apple really does a quality work no doubt.

but I just felt during the video that every time, when they present their products, they try to show that this is all what they can and perhaps this is most others can do.

They just presented a couple of main features (other than hardware) in that clip (Video Calling at the top, 5MP camera, High Res display, i don't remember all now which actually are being shipped already by other manufacturers) and they just pretended that it's what never come in place yet.. :/ this is not true..

This style of them, they proud the always show, is what I never liked about...

But it shouldn't as be amazing as it's the next iPhone so it should really be better than the older releases of it.

Lastly I would again say that I don't deny the quality of their products....

Thanks God they didn't patent Video Calling, 5MP camera and High Res display yet :P

One day we will have adverts saying "Introducing meeting real people! The first time I spoke to a real human face to face and not over my computer, facebook or phone, it was amazing! We laughed and spoke without having to type! This could be the future!" Does anyone think that all this 'connecting people' is actually disconnecting people from real life and forcing you to spend more and more time talking via technology with a virtual sense of being social?

A comment on youtube :P

Wait a couple of months for the next HTC Android phone, it'll whoop iPhone's behind. Right now HTC EVO 4G (in terms of specs/tech) is neck to neck with iPhone 4, iPhone just has a higher resolution screen. Qualcomm is coming out with 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU and most Android phones have 512MB RAM, whereas A4 has 1GHz processor (which might be under-clocked for iPhone 4) and 256MB RAM, though it's architecture might be somewhat superior to the current 1GHz Snapdragon.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

One day we will have adverts saying “Introducing meeting real people! The first time I spoke to a real human face to face and not over my computer, facebook or phone, it was amazing! We laughed and spoke without having to type! This could be the future!” Does anyone think that all this ‘connecting people’ is actually disconnecting people from real life and forcing you to spend more and more time talking via technology with a virtual sense of being social?

A comment on youtube :P

[/quote]

couldn’t agree more on that.

Well… i went through these 2 pages on apple iphone’s website. http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/ & http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/ and i must say, its one hell of a sexy smartphone. :D

And those wondering why its call 4 & not 4g, see this: http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/06/08/new-iphone-4-why-no-4g-lte/

this is total BULLSH*T

video calling was introduced by nokia even before 2005 and now they introduce video calling in 2010 and say like “oh it feels so real looking into the eyes of your loved ones on phone”

[/quote]

Have u ever personally made video a call with those phones with nokia ?

It’s a little different. Its iphone 4 to iphone 4 and you gotta have wifi. Yeah it took them 5 years to come out with it, but they did it in a way that its actually possible for you to make a video call. Having a phone that is “capable” of making a video call, and having a phone that you can actually make one with are different things.

Personally video calling has still not really picked up anywhere, even where there are phones and networks capable of it.

Not to mention with Apple’s “version” of video call, you are not limited or bound by any network. The other party can be anywhere around the globe and still be able to do video call, which is quiet something i think.

Also there are a lot of Apple haters (which i have no issue with by the way), that would jump to attack no matter what Apple comes out with, without good reason and not appreciate any single aspect of a product whether or not they like the whole product . I mean it’s almost a bit “personal”… I wonder why that is… Firstly i doubt that the price would be as high as you said… and even if it is for arguments sake, why does it piss you off so much?

There are a couple of cool technologies that Apple’s come out with in this phone like 3-axis gyro sensor along with accelerometer, compass for games to go on a whole new level. There is this retina display with pixels more closer together than the human eye can see. So how can you ignore all that???

I mean why not bash Nokia’s $10,000 Vertu phones that barely have any functionality?

couldn’t agree more on that.

Well… i went through these 2 pages on apple iphone’s website. http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/ & http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/ and i must say, its one hell of a sexy smartphone. :D

[/quote]

LOL WOW changing home screen wallpaper is a feature.

But after all, iPhone 4 16GB with 5MP camera, HD video recording, WIFI and a damn gud 960 x 640 touch screen for 200$** is awesome !!! Dont know about ** that much :P

Apple does what others did a few years go ... yet those blind apple fans never understand it ... 5mp camera?, video calling?, Multi-tasking? those technologies came years ago ... Apple needs to come up with something special ... just mediocre products with some style n people are like WHAT? iPad? iPhone 4?, I'm gonna get one ... huh...

hey hey hey why first time in my life i em feeling that Apple made something cool?????

i am really loving it............

i dont care what apple fanboys or haters have to say, i just know one thing, iphone 4 is damn hot! :D

Have u ever personally made video a call with those phones with nokia ?

It’s a little different. Its iphone 4 to iphone 4 and you gotta have wifi. Yeah it took them 5 years to come out with it, but they did it in a way that its actually possible for you to make a video call. Having a phone that is “capable” of making a video call, and having a phone that you can actually make one with are different things.

Personally video calling has still not really picked up anywhere, even where there are phones and networks capable of it.

Not to mention with Apple’s “version” of video call, you are not limited or bound by any network. The other party can be anywhere around the globe and still be able to do video call, which is quiet something i think.

Also there are a lot of Apple haters (which i have no issue with by the way), that would jump to attack no matter what Apple comes out with, without good reason and not appreciate any single aspect of a product whether or not they like the whole product . I mean it’s almost a bit “personal”… I wonder why that is… Firstly i doubt that the price would be as high as you said… and even if it is for arguments sake, why does it piss you off so much?

There are a couple of cool technologies that Apple’s come out with in this phone like 3-axis gyro sensor along with accelerometer, compass for games to go on a whole new level. There is this retina display with pixels more closer together than the human eye can see. So how can you ignore all that???

I mean why not bash Nokia’s $10,000 Vertu phones that barely have any functionality?

[/quote]

ok lets see good things in the phone

High Resolution Display

awesome and fast processor

gyro and accelerometer bundled

HD videos recording…

awesome multi touch

video calls over Wifi

multi tasking [thats something they needed to introduce since iphone1]

nice design

okay so now you are happy…

but if apple cud just cut out some part of its profit and provide the phone in sensible price range then i ll be happy to buy it… only iphone 4… cuz iphone 3G or 3GS dont attract me in any way… a smart phone with no multi tasking is crap…

and what about iPhone 3G or 3GS users? they wont get multitasking by firmware upgrade? apple wants them to do a phone upgrade to get new tech that not good…

only 3G users wont get multitasking as it doesn't have enough ram. 3GS will support multitasking.

I really don't think there should again be the same debate specifically against Apple.

It's "iPhone 4" and being direct about the phone's capabilities, comparing with others, would be fine to keep the thread interesting...

Personally I already have said that iPhone 4 is really a promising device now which can really be compared, in regard of features, to other devices. Plus the quality of the phone is just like or some above of the older releases.. however lacking still some features like Flash and etc... (...I personally believe, it's a lack.... what ever they call it....)

The negative point which will still be there is the feeling of being NOT a fully authorized owner of the device after paying huge amount for it. It would again be that Apple will not let you use it in your own way.. Again the same #$%# will be there for jailbreaking and unlocking stuff.. I don't like it..

Specifically about getting the older devices capable of multitasking with a firmware upgrade...... I would say that it's not always like that. I would appreciate Apple in this case that they made iPhone 3GS (atleast) capable of multitasking with just a firmware upgrade. however it's not the facility which a manufacture really would want to give to all of their the customers with older devices.

A customer who bought the a device was actually familiar with the capabilities of it and he paid for it only but paid not for all of the future features always which get into the newer devices.

No manufacturer actually does that more than a couple of common features. This is also an unjustified "wish" of the customers which can not be fulfilled always by the manufacturers as they are doing businesses and they are there to sell their new products too.. If it would happen for all the devices being upgraded to the newer features, no one would buy the newer device..

I think it's quite straight to get that....

^

so you mean nokia should have introduced new phones 5801 5802 5803 5804 instead of new firmwares of 5800 v20 v30 v40 n the latest n best v50..

cuz thts what apple does.. add couple of more fancy stuff n already "common in market" features and a new iphone.. thts why each year there is a new iphone....

^ Nokia does already have a wide range of devices with lesser and greater features. They don't need to expand the like xxx1 xxx2 xxx3 (like Apple has done so far) but they have their own strategy of naming their devices.

For example they have "5800" and then a successor being "N97" and then another the "N900" and one yet to come which is "N8".... etc....

And if being more precise then there are some other replacements of 5800 as well, as X6

Your second line of statement is however agree able in some extent... but perhaps they have their own strategic plans of launching newer devices. It can not be ignored as they always get greater response for their new devices if compared to their older ones...

Any ways an interesting thing is there.... have you guys read that "Email addresses of more than 100,000 iPad users were hacked"

and what about iPhone 3G or 3GS users? they wont get multitasking by firmware upgrade? apple wants them to do a phone upgrade to get new tech that not good…

[/quote]

3GS will get multitasking cause the hardware can support, while the 3G will not.

Technology changes everyday. You won’t complain if the latest games don’t run on a Pentium 3…???

Also if you follow Apple’s keynotes, they always say they want to do things “right”, not just cause they are popular to do. Remember Apple only came into cell phone business 3 years ago. While Nokia and so many more have been at it for decades, then how come all the touch screen, music store, app store business models are coming up now?

Seriously i am not biased towards Apple regardless of what they make, but if you follow them closely you would get to understand the brand better. I am not saying Apple is perfect, no company or product can be. There will always be room for “more”.