Apple recently launched iPhone 4S, worth buying?

Hi everyone,

Apple has recently launched iPhone 4s with iOS5, dual core processor and 8 MP camera in same old body with upgraded hardware and software. What do you people says about this, is it a good change or just another crap by Apple?

Thanks

Specially to Ijaz Ahmad as his picture says that he don't love Apple :P

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_4s-4212.php

iPhone 4S. I am not impressed at all. It's more like what iPhone 4 has to be in first place. Apple made it's fans to buy buggy iPhone then force them to buy a little better version of iPhone 4.

Other than few cosmetic upgrades like camera, double antenna and few other things, it's pretty much same.

Now, I am waiting for Samsung Galaxy S III and Google Nexus Prime. They'll bulldoze iPhone 4S.

Android is KING! (Yeah, I am saying that in iPhone 4S thread :P )

[quote=“wampyr, post:2, topic:15722”]

iPhone 4S. I am not impressed at all. It’s more like what iPhone 4 has to be in first place. Apple made it’s fans to buy buggy iPhone then force them to buy a little better version of iPhone 4.

Other than few cosmetic upgrades like camera, double antenna and few other things, it’s pretty much same.

Now, I am waiting for Samsung Galaxy S III and Google Nexus Prime. They’ll bulldoze iPhone 4S.

[/quote]

That what I said, when you discuss iPhone 3g, 3gs, 4 or 4S you can always say some upgrade in this and some upgrade in that :) But people are still crazy about it. I never used it, but 4 of my cousins had it and said they will never buy any other phone again but Apple, so what is that?

This not Apple’s marketing thread, this is just for reviews that is it worth buying? Forget about what is coming just discuss that is in market at the moment. Is it worth buying even when HTC Sensation, EVO 3D, Sensation XE, Samsung Galaxy SII, LG Optimus like mobiles are in Market and how you can forget Nokia N8 For best Camera in a phone even no phone can beat it’s result today?

But still people are crazy about Apple and even I’m thinking to buy it by hearing reviews who sold their HTC Desire, Sensation, Aria and such like mobiles and purchased Apple and are 150% satisfied than their Android phone.

Reason for that they tell is good battery timing rather best battery timing in smart phones and no laging at all as it’s general phenomena of Android Phones.

^ If you don't know, the Samsung Galaxy S III (it may delay a little) and Google Nexus Prime are going to be released in this month, October, 2011. In fact, Google Nexus Prime will be released one week from now, 6 days to be exact if you count today. If you don't count today then it's 5 days. Yes, I am counting days every day. :P I Just can't wait to see it. It will be out on October 11, 2011. Get ready to witness the bulldoze of iPhone 4S on Oct 11, 2011 by Google Nexus Prime. :)

I know there are fans of iPhone. My cousin uses iPhone from iPhone 1. I wish I could have captured his face when (few years back) I told that his iPhone can't record video (though, Apple rectify this in next generation). :lol:

iPhone has become more of a status symbol and a showoff piece as the high-end Android handsets beat iPhone hands down when it comes to features and variety. Why pay 60k when another thing in much lesser price offers more or less same functions. Anyhow, the Apple lovers are gonna buy whatever they release, they have done well at the marketing end to capture people's mind, create hype and then eek out extra cash !

People who love apple, buy these gadgets without asking anyone, people who don't buy post threads on discussion forums. -_-

[quote=“wampyr, post:4, topic:15722”]

Get ready to witness the bulldoze of iPhone 4S on Oct 11, 2011 by Google Nexus Prime. :)

I know there are fans of iPhone. My cousin uses iPhone from iPhone 1. I wish I could have captured his face when (few years back) I told that his iPhone can’t record video (though, Apple rectify this in next generation). :lol:

[/quote]

Here it goes, and didn’t you tell him that he cannot forward or edit sms? or he cannot send data via bluetooth or he cannot use memory card, or he cannot change battery and can’t use with usb on a pc and bla bla :D :smiley: that’s why I never purchased it but I want to give it a try, personally I like most is windows 6.5 in htc hd2 with awesome home screen and navigation though there are many new in Android but I like that most back in Jan 2010 that was awesome.

http://www.gsmarena.com/possible_specs_of_the_nexus_prime_surface-news-3237.php

And here it goes again

http://www.gsmarena.com/comscore_android_widens_its_lead_on_ios_in_the_us-news-3236.php

Check this and tell me :) You are very right.

[quote=", post:6, topic:15722"]

People who love apple, buy these gadgets without asking anyone, people who don’t buy post threads on discussion forums. -_-

[/quote]

I’ll agree up to some extent but recent change in survey showed that 43% (almost but lesser than 50% for sure) want to buy again iPhone while in 2010 Sept this ratio was 83%. And I guess I’ll go for (confused, don’t know).

iPhone is a showpiece..more than a phone. There always are and will be people who need to have the newest expensive stuff..they want to show 'success'. To me they show that they have payed too much for a phone, nothing else, one might say it is stupidity.

At the end of the day, iPhones are much more reliable and durable. You get every drop of the money you spend. As for the case of iPhone 4S, if I had the money I would give it a miss. There are better speced phones around at the moment. Yet again if you want a phone with a proper eco system go for iPhone, Andriods are kind of messy.

I thought somebody by now have posted this, anyway.

There was a time when iPhone used to be innovative and leader of mobile technology and everybody else has to catchup and follow iPhone's league. But since the first quarter of 2011, the iPhone is no longer the leader of mobile world.

There could be many phones released in 2010 or Q1 or Q2 or 2011 that can be compared with iPhone 4S. In fact, this time, iPhone tried to catch up with the technology but still failed to do so to completely catchup.

Samsung Galaxy S II (Announced in Feb 2011) = Apple iPhone 4S (Announced in Oct 2011)

Camera: 8MP = 8MP

Processor: Dual-core 1.2Ghz > Dual-core 1.0Ghz

Display size: 4.3 inches > 3.5 inches

Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels < 640 x 960 pixels

Memory Available for Apps: 1GB RAM = 1GB RAM

Bluetooth: v3.0+HS < v4.0 with A2DP

Secondary Camera: 2 MP > VGA

Radio: Stereo FM radio with RDS > NONE

Battery: Li-Ion 1650 mAh > Li-Po 1420mAh

Stand-by Time: Up to 710 h (2G) / Up to 610 h (3G) > Up to 200 h (2G) / Up to 200 h (3G)

Talk time: Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 40 min (3G) > Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 8 h (3G)

As you can see that iPhone tried to catch-up with almost an year old Galaxy S2 but still fails in many department. iPhone is no longer the leader of mobile tech scene. I'll be very happy to come back to this thread on Oct 11 with Google Nexus Prime specs which will be head-to-head with iPhone 4S because both are released in same month.

[quote=“Zazzyo, post:10, topic:15722”]

At the end of the day, iPhones are much more reliable and durable.

[/quote]

Search on Google that how much is reliable iPhone 4 with signals? :) It can drop call in weak signal situation because of it’s unreliable antenna because of poor design by Apple. You either have to use specific grip (not normal grip the way you hold the mobile while talking) or use special protector (which prevents you hands and fingers touching the phone. :) The fault reminds like it’s more like a Chinese phone. Oh, wait, iPhones are build in the infamous FoxConn (where many other phones and laptops are build). :)

[quote=“wampyr, post:11, topic:15722”]

. I’ll be very happy to come back to this thread on Oct 11 with Google Nexus Prime specs which will be head-to-head with iPhone 4S because both are released in same month.

[/quote]

Well here is a bad news for you. Google Nexus Prime may be delayed now

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_unpacked_event_delayed_nexus_prime_and_ics_to_shine_later-news-3245.php

[quote=“nvd650, post:13, topic:15722”]

Well here is a bad news for you. Google Nexus Prime may be delayed now

http://www.gsmarena…r-news-3245.php

[/quote]

Probably, due to the death of Steve Jobs. It is better that they’ll move the dates in future. No need to create a buzz when people around the world are mourning Steve Jobs.

[quote=“wampyr, post:14, topic:15722”]

Probably, due to the death of Steve Jobs. It is better that they’ll move the dates in future. No need to create a buzz when people around the world are mourning Steve Jobs.

[/quote]

It’s their greatness then? or like number game :)

I guess this is enough to make iPhone 4S worth buying

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_4s_browser_benchmark_and_camera_sample_leaks-news-3257.php

best phone ever

[quote=“wampyr, post:2, topic:15722”]

iPhone 4S. I am not impressed at all. It’s more like what iPhone 4 has to be in first place. Apple made it’s fans to buy buggy iPhone then force them to buy a little better version of iPhone 4.

Other than few cosmetic upgrades like camera, double antenna and few other things, it’s pretty much same.

Now, I am waiting for Samsung Galaxy S III and Google Nexus Prime. They’ll bulldoze iPhone 4S.

[/quote]

wow i’m speachless :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/the_samsung_galaxy_nexus_is_finally_official_comes_in_november-news-3283.php

btw what’s there to BULLDOZE :)

The only cool feature about the 4s IMO is Siri: http://www.apple.com...tures/siri.html

But i think Apple will likely make it available soon for previous iPhones too. Atleast for the iphone 4.

46216_148839718468578_100000276530199_367715_4611840_n.jpg

Old days, when I was not apple fan, still I'm not but just curious about :)