APC UPS - which battery do i need

I have APC Smart UPS 1500VA. I had two AGS GX-165 batteries connected to it. There are 3 tube lights (40W), 2 fans and a WiFi router running on it. Thats it. Even with such small load, there were so many issues.

Now the problem I faced with 165AH batteries is that they take a lot of time to recharge, as in, we have load shedding after every 1 hour in summers. The batteries, when they got a little old started to give up very soon because they werent charging properly. Now I know that there can be a number of factors involved like a problem with UPS etc. We also have issue of low voltage in our area due to lesser transformers. But assuming my UPS is fine, should I get batteries of lower amps?

If I get batteries of amps greater or lesser than 165, do I need to get battery constant of my APC UPS recalibrated?

Thanks

is ur ups fully modified to charge hi rating batteries for longer backup times ? .... kindly check it from ur vendor ..... nowadays outages are less ..... wot r charging dc amperes after 2 - 3 hours charging .? also yes if u change the old batteries with new ones regardless of amperage ... the constants ll definitely changes ... so u hv to re-calibrate the ups .... minimum voltage that 1500 va ups can bear ll 196 volts .. below this voltage ur ups ll shift to batteries ...... n yes with lower voltages charging also effects .... for how long u r usin' this ups ?

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:2, topic:22562”]

is ur ups fully modified to charge hi rating batteries for longer backup times ? … kindly check it from ur vendor … nowadays outages are less … wot r charging dc amperes after 2 - 3 hours charging .? also yes if u change the old batteries with new ones regardless of amperage … the constants ll definitely changes … so u hv to re-calibrate the ups … minimum voltage that 1500 va ups can bear ll 196 volts … below this voltage ur ups ll shift to batteries … n yes with lower voltages charging also effects … for how long u r usin’ this ups ?

[/quote]

the vendor just said that 165 AH will work best with this UPS, didnt give me any details. what should I be looking for? I dont know the charging DC amps because I have no batteries currently. i have been using this UPS for only a year. how do I understand what amps of batteries will work best for me, given that we have load shedding after every 1 hour in summers?

165 ah is pretty ok .......... u just need to buy a DC Clamp meter from market ... if u r residin' n lahore thn u ll get it frm hall road ... ur load is cool ... u don hv to worry abut backup with this load ....... dc clamp meter ll surely tell u whether ur vendor has enhanced the ups chargin current or not ... n yes, after attachin the new batteries with ups, if ur ups front led lights flashes after sometimes thn ask ur vendor to calibrise the ups for u ... nowadays some stupid people r selling 1.5 kva which is actually 1 kva ... so beware of those kinda ups ... cux 1 kva makes 670 watts while 1.5 kva makes 980 watts ... so 50% problem occurs cux ov this scenario ...