Apc ups site wiring fault

AOA,

i have apc 1500va , why at back site wiring fault LED illuminates always ?

any thing wrong?

i think u r talkin abut SENSITIVITY BUTTON at the top rear side of the UPS ......... if thatz the case then its no issue at all ..... it only tells u the sensitivity mode......

ok thanx can u please also tell , how much amps (AC )consume by apc charging at 9 amps , to dead batteries.............

no bhai that tu i don no ............. cux i aint dat technical ........

[quote=“gbaz, post:3, topic:22244”]

ok thanx can u please also tell , how much amps (AC )consume by apc charging at 9 amps , to dead batteries…

[/quote]

\just check ac amps from main wire to wapda socket using a clamp matter simple.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:22244”]

\just check ac amps from main wire to wapda socket using a clamp matter simple.

[/quote]

checked consuming 2.5 amps while charging … is this normal ? …

i think u r checking ac amperes of the ups with load attached ...... remove the load on it and then check ....... cux u only wants to check the ac amps consumed by ur ups while charging .......

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:7, topic:22244”]

i think u r checking ac amperes of the ups with load attached … remove the load on it and then check … cux u only wants to check the ac amps consumed by ur ups while charging …

[/quote]

load was consuming only 0.43 amps , checked at output terminal of ups …

Load out from apc isnt entirely accurate, because apc may have AVR and other changes in output... as said above, disconnect load and then check..

otherwise just subtract the difference.. and yu will get the power consumption of the APC itself, power factor correction, and battery charging, along with heat dissipation..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:9, topic:22244”]

Load out from apc isnt entirely accurate, because apc may have AVR and other changes in output… as said above, disconnect load and then check…

otherwise just subtract the difference… and yu will get the power consumption of the APC itself, power factor correction, and battery charging, along with heat dissipation…

[/quote]

disconnecting the load 1.6amp (AC) , while charging batteries @ 8.6amps (DC) , good figure’s ?

yes.. seems ok.. the figures add up ..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:11, topic:22244”]

yes… seems ok… the figures add up …

[/quote]

bro thanx for your valuable time , one more question sometimes ups while on charging start blinking all lights , i have to manually shutdown and start again , what is causing this ? also i am using single wiring scheme with common neutral of main…

u mean all six leds around the on/off button? ....... if this happens when wapda is there and it switches off all ur load then ur relays r gettin old n thy stuck somtimes ........ get the board repaired ..... if this happens occasionally then let it be .......

single wiring mechanism has nothin to do with this ........ it happens in both scenarios i.e DOUBLE or SINGLE wirin' connections .........

Yes, as said above.. this means relays are weak and need replacement... this is a comon problem, nothing much to worry about

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:15, topic:22244”]

Yes, as said above… this means relays are weak and need replacement… this is a comon problem, nothing much to worry about

[/quote]

where can we buy these relays and how much will be cost per relay …

i don no abut the cost cuz once my engineer purchased it from market but these local available relays r not worth buying due to their short life period ........ last time when we changed relays in a ups ..... it lasted for one month only ....... so now we use relays from other boards ov apc which we takes out from the discarded boards .........

depends on quality and more importantly availability.. when supply is short, prices are higher.. quality of relay also matters.

the repair person can guide you best.