Apc ups problem

Problem with ups #1

Salam brothers i have an Apc Ups model no DLA1500RM12U and i am using it with two Phoenix 102a liquid acid batteries. I have been using it for almost an year now with no problems but recently it has started malfunctioning Whenever the electricity goes out the battery level indication falls from 5 green points (showing fully charged) to just one. Then it runs for almost 40-45 minutes before shutting down. There is not much load on it just running one Computer. Please suggest any remidies?

Problem with ups#2

One more question i have another APC ups model of the same capacity attached to two dry batteries (Big ones not sure of their power) and it does the same thing ..battery indicator falls from fully charged to 1 point suddenly when the light goes off and shuts down after 20-25 minutes...Please suggest me if the batteries of both UPS need to be replaced they are just an year old or is it the ups malfunctioning ( i have tried switching upss same result) not sure if they both need software overhaul or if the batteries are done.

Kind regards.

probably software overhaul is required.. BUT

you need to have a DC Clamp meter with you to check any problems in ups and batteries.. a good DC clamp meter is a must dvice. UNI-T models are preffered and affordable for home use and accurate

you need to measure voltage DC of bateries when ups is fully charged and when it starts beeping and when it shuts down.

you also need to measure DC amps when ups starts charging after it comes back to wapda...and when full charged

you also need to check water level in your wet batteries although i dont think thats an issue with your system

if all these readings are provided, then your ups can be diagnosed better..

a software reset never hurt anyone and is always preffered to be done after 6 8 months anyways.. gives a refresh.

Do a trick like this :

when the battery level shows only one light AND you think it should not be ONE light but atleast 4 to 5 , and the ups is providing electricity to gadgets just press the OFF button on ups , and then after 5 seconds again press the same OFF button for 2 to 3 seconds , u will hear a sound like TIKKKK from inside of the APC ups , then simple after 10 seconds turn ON the ups by pressing ON button u will get the Full lights :)

try n let me know .

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:2, topic:21831”]

probably software overhaul is required.. BUT

you need to have a DC Clamp meter with you to check any problems in ups and batteries.. a good DC clamp meter is a must dvice. UNI-T models are preffered and affordable for home use and accurate

you need to measure voltage DC of bateries when ups is fully charged and when it starts beeping and when it shuts down.

you also need to measure DC amps when ups starts charging after it comes back to wapda...and when full charged

you also need to check water level in your wet batteries although i dont think thats an issue with your system

if all these readings are provided, then your ups can be diagnosed better..

a software reset never hurt anyone and is always preffered to be done after 6 8 months anyways.. gives a refresh.

[/quote]

I dont have the gadgets or expertise to carry out these tests, i called some folks they say i have to bring the batteries and ups to them which would be too hectic can you please Pm me contact info of someone who could do this at home.

[quote="nadeem5476, post:3, topic:21831"]

Do a trick like this :

when the battery level shows only one light AND you think it should not be ONE light but atleast 4 to 5 , and the ups is providing electricity to gadgets just press the OFF button on ups , and then after 5 seconds again press the same OFF button for 2 to 3 seconds , u will hear a sound like TIKKKK from inside of the APC ups , then simple after 10 seconds turn ON the ups by pressing ON button u will get the Full lights :)

try n let me know .

[/quote]

Tried didn't work. thanks anyway

for all the mumbo jumbo scifi experiments which i told you and you are afraid of .. only require one simple tool :)

a DC clamp meter..

UNIT-UNI-T-Digital-Clamp-Meter-Multimete

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:21831”]

for all the mumbo jumbo scifi experiments which i told you and you are afraid of .. only require one simple tool :)

a DC clamp meter..

UNIT-UNI-T-Digital-Clamp-Meter-Multimete

yes the DC one is also looks like some what like this as shown in this pic but this model (shown above) one is only for AC amps .

[/quote]

^ its 203.. it does DC amps as well as DC Volts, continuity, frequency and other stuff.

Did you purchase it used or new ........ either it needs software calibration or must be its hardware problem.

Contact us for APC sales and services.

Murtaza Ajmi Khan
Sales & Marketing Lead
Cell: +92 321 499 70 60
murtaza@uwt.com.pk

UniWorld Technologies
Flat # 7, 3rd Floor, Tariq Centre, HIII, Johar Town, Lahore. 54770- Pakistan
Phone: +9242 3595 14 95, Fax: +9242 3617 04 99.
Email: sales@uwt.com.pk, support@uwt.com.pk
URL: www.uwt.com.pk
FaceBook Page : www.facebook.com/APCUPSSYSTEMS
LinkedIn : UniWorld Lahore
Skype Id : murtaza.ajmi1