Apc ups blog

Dear All,

I am starting this new BLOG just for APC UPS users. Here, you can share your problems regarding your any rating and model of APC UPS. I ll try to resolve your issues in my best capacity.

how to increase AC output voltage from the serial port at the back of the ups 1400VA ? the output is 218 volts and i want it 230 volts .

Output is fixed. Either its 220volts or 230volts.

Shift ur ups to battery n thn check the volts.

What is ur mean ov checkin output volts .. digital meter or hyperterminal?

If u r usin hyper terminal thn simple press small " o " as in o for orange. It will show u ur current output voltage ov ur apc 1400 ups. Thn press plus button in ur keyboard .... it ll show u a code thn again press small o. It will now show 230 volts.

Njoy with ur new output volts......

although this is not my blog, this is just an advice to apc user,

DONOT DO PANGEE IN HYPERTERMINAL//

you will brick your ups even when you have done everything right..there is no guarantee that what you want to do is what you will easily accomplish, and sometimes some commands dont work on every model and there would be a major F up for which you can do nothing except take it to a repair person and pay 3x more than what you would have for a simple job .

@nadeem

if this is your wapda output from ups then this is the wapda issue for which you should put a stabilizer before the ups wapda plug.. if it is 218 from battery output in loadshedding then this is a very rare occurrence as usually it give 225 to 235V out depending on model and its age of FET and transformer. this can be adjusted but its default value is alright.. problem would be when it gives 240+ which is harmful..

even 218 is perfectly alright in PK where most of time our appliances are working fine on 180V and still running solid for years.

Hez talkin abut 1400va ups n this ups can change its value b/w 220 n 230. He wasnt talkin abut the whole calibration thing. Ya i no it ll screw ur ups if u start changin da ups values without noin what its meant fr.

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:3, topic:21995”]

Output is fixed. Either its 220volts or 230volts.

Shift ur ups to battery n thn check the volts.

What is ur mean ov checkin output volts .. digital meter or hyperterminal?

[/quote]

Thanks , yes i meant for the OUTPUT volts which are coming from ups when it is on battery . and i measured it from digital multimeter and i never use any serial port . i just wanted to know is it possible to increase the output volts to 230 all the time ? or it will b harmful for the ups if it is set to 230 all the time ??

plz note i dont use KESC / WAPDA on this ups for charging . i use solar charging for this small unit at my lands . wold u b kind enough to shed some light on how to use hyper terminal ? never used such thing .

jazak ALLAH for sharing the knowledge .

thn tu meray bhai i ll strongly suggest u to never do it by urself .... cuz it looks like very very easy but one wrong turn ( wrong command ) ll surely damage ur UPS. I am sellin APC from 1998 and i am expert in this. But u as a lame person i wont encourage u to do it by urself. cuz before entering hyper terminal u hv to go with commands ...... n after enterin hyper terminal then again its not just that u ll type O n it ll show u .........i thout u no how to do it so thats y i told u the thing ......... dont b sad it ll take only take 5 - 10 minutes if u take to sumone ho is xpert in this procedure ..... thy wont charge u so much ... dont worry ......

n y on earth u want 230 volts ........ here tu my clients likes 220 volt for their load ..... m sure that ur meter is not showin the corrent readin ... it shud b 220 volt ..... b happy with it .......

Whenever i attempted to connect my APC to my laptop, i always ended up with corrupting the software and had to pay repairman to get the software reinstalled. So its better to go to repairman to get it fixed.

There!! That what i was talking about. Connectin has never been an issue. Its wen u start playin with ups takin it as a child play only thn problem starts.

@nadeem

stick with 218V. that is almost 99% ideal voltage and its fine for home use.. anyhing above 225V is overkill and for one more advice to keep your apc running along with solar without blowing its transformer, PM me.

This is not about any specific problem but more of a general query about APC UPS sepcially the 1000 & 1400 VA models for domestic use.

I am pretty much aware of advantages of an APC UPS over Desi/Chinese. But what are the disadvantages/things to watch out for in APC. One thing that I have heard is that it provides a low charging current, which may not be a bad thing but can be problematic in extreme load shedding situations (which we will see shortly). Any other disadvantage, e.g., how easy/difficult is it to maintain the UPS, how practical is it to configure any settings (is this even possible in the above models?) etc. etc.?

[quote=“JimJasoos, post:12, topic:21995”]

This is not about any specific problem but more of a general query about APC UPS sepcially the 1000 & 1400 VA models for domestic use.

I am pretty much aware of advantages of an APC UPS over Desi/Chinese. But what are the disadvantages/things to watch out for in APC. One thing that I have heard is that it provides a low charging current, which may not be a bad thing but can be problematic in extreme load shedding situations (which we will see shortly). Any other disadvantage, e.g., how easy/difficult is it to maintain the UPS, how practical is it to configure any settings (is this even possible in the above models?) etc. etc.?a

dont ever go for 1.4 kva when 1.5 kva is available ....... price diff is also very thin ..... its not abut low charging ... its all about ur battery life ..... nowadays batteries r xpensive than buyin a ups ... local / pak cheen dosti ups charges with hi ampere cozing battery cell's weak .... if u want a good backup then u shud go for hi rating ups ( apc ) ...... in this case ur battery ll be less discharged ......... wot is ur load btw in watts .. if u hv get it checked by an electrician or perhaps u urself nos how to check ......... apc dusnt required ny specific maintenance ... place it in shaddy / cool place ..... it dusnt dry up ur battery water ( in case u r willing to buy local battery ) so easily ......... n yes in case ov calibration / settings configuration u hv to become the small brother ov the ups vendor so in time when u need to rewrite the setting he cud do it for free without ny hassle ..........

[/quote]

PM replied.