Apc ups all lights flash with solar panel

hello,

recently i have buyied the 1500VA APC ups + 132x2 ags batteries , apc showing battery is full at 27.0V and charging 0.71amp,

when i connected the solar panel with this system , voltage of battery spikes to 29.0v and charging current of 3amps from CC ..... but at the same time apc ups all light start to flash can any one help me to set this up...........

Regards

Either therez sum problem with the board or ask ur vendor to recalibrate the ups

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:2, topic:22047”]

Either therez sum problem with the board or ask ur vendor to recalibrate the ups

[/quote]

thanx for prompt reply , i have switch off the wapda then lights went stable , i think CC and ups charging are messing with each other ........ ?

that tu i don no cuz i m in APC UPS business n don no nythin abut solar ......

[quote=“gbaz, post:, topic:”]

hello,

recently i have buyied the 1500VA APC ups + 132x2 ags batteries , apc showing battery is full at 27.0V and charging 0.71amp,

when i connected the solar panel with this system , voltage of battery spikes to 29.0v and charging current of 3amps from CC ..... but at the same time apc ups all light start to flash can any one help me to set this up...........

Regards

[/quote]

wa alaikum Hello

brother this is a normal thing when you are using non solar gadgets with the solar gadgets ,

the main thing to understand is that APC shuts off its charging on 27 point something volts and consider the battery FULL CHARGED state , but when in any case battery gets MORE charged beyond 27 to 28 volts or more then APC beeps a warning that your batteries are getting overcharged !!!! thats nothing to worry about , i have faced this same thing numerous times .

i dont know what charge controller u r using , The cutoff volts of your c/c is 29 volts that is pretty good for a slow charging option (to save batteries life) , u can check that even touching 29 volts your batteries are not HOT !! (if they are not in USE and only in charging state) this is all bcz of your c/c that monitor the charging process keenly .

so not to worry about . Simply restart the APC . and yes u can change the cutoff volts settings of your APC to 29 volts but i would not advise you for this . bcz the charging process of APC and C/C is different and it is wise NOT to use 2 chargers on same batteries same time .

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:5, topic:22047”]

wa alaikum Hello

brother this is a normal thing when you are using non solar gadgets with the solar gadgets ,

the main thing to understand is that APC shuts off its charging on 27 point something volts and consider the battery FULL CHARGED state , but when in any case battery gets MORE charged beyond 27 to 28 volts or more then APC beeps a warning that your batteries are getting overcharged !!!! thats nothing to worry about , i have faced this same thing numerous times .

i dont know what charge controller u r using , The cutoff volts of your c/c is 29 volts that is pretty good for a slow charging option (to save batteries life) , u can check that even touching 29 volts your batteries are not HOT !! (if they are not in USE and only in charging state) this is all bcz of your c/c that monitor the charging process keenly .

so not to worry about . Simply restart the APC . and yes u can change the cutoff volts settings of your APC to 29 volts but i would not advise you for this . bcz the charging process of APC and C/C is different and it is wise NOT to use 2 chargers on same batteries same time .

[/quote]

thanx for detail answer , also is there any way to switch off the apc charging on sunrise time and resume charging on sunset time , because i woke up 9:30am .. so solar and apc both will charging the batteries .........

just turn off the power switch in morning and turn it back on in evening.

[quote=“gbaz, post:6, topic:22047”]

thanx for detail answer , also is there any way to switch off the apc charging on sunrise time and resume charging on sunset time , because i woke up 9:30am .. so solar and apc both will charging the batteries .........

[/quote]

use Timer switch , and also a relay ...

http://olx.com.pk/item/timer-switch-24-hour-adjustable-per-quarter-IDSE3H9.html#ef76c12e3e