Apc ups 1500VA 4 beeps

Aoa,

APC ups smart 1500VA making 4 beeps every 30 seconds (battery mode), also when on wapda beeps stop and voltage of battery stop at 24.4 and charging going 1 amp checked from unit-203 meter , what is the cause of problem in this scenario ?

beeps are normal ....... there r 4 possiblities of beeps in apc when it is on battery / backup mode when there is no electricity .... every 5 seconds delay after power fails ....... 30 seconds delay .......... beeps at low battery only and last one is no beep at all ........

and wen ur power is back it stops beepin' ........ if ur ups is upgraded ( usable for chargin' hi ratin' batteries ) thn the normal cutoff voltage is 27.27 vdc ......... switch ur ups to back mode n wen ur ups is abut to collapse check ur battery voltage individually ......... if ur battery voltages are ok thn ask ur vendor to re-calibrize ur ups and set the dc voltage to 27.27 vdc ......

bro problem is ups charge battery at 1-2 amp and 0.9 amps when battery voltage reaches 24.3 volts , is the problem lying in software , battery constant ? or some hardware problem thanx

ups charger is automatic ..... wen it sense ur battery is near to full charge thn it thros 1 - 2 amps ....... i asked u to check ur battery discharged voltage .individually .... if thy seems pretty ok thn ur ups needs a calibration ....... dusnt seems ny hardware prob here ....

bro can u please tell me the calibration method of Smart 1500VA thanx............

. .. Stupid iPad messed up and navigated to next thread , sorry guys. Please continue .

@ neo

ipads are indeed stooopid. :) gbaz.Donot attempt to calibrate yourself, you will probably end up bricking your ups if you donot have experience in that regard.. even if you have experience, there are still plenty of chances for things going wrong..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:7, topic:22209”]

@ neo

ipads are indeed stooopid. :) gbaz.Donot attempt to calibrate yourself, you will probably end up bricking your ups if you donot have experience in that regard… even if you have experience, there are still plenty of chances for things going wrong…

[/quote]

bro you’re right , but need to sort things out… shopkeepers hungry now a days … they said relay has damage of ups thats why ups not charging at high amps … o.0

dear where do u live ......... cux calibration charges are only 500 rupees ..... if u r in lahore thn visit my office ........ if u live out of lahore thn i m pretty sure tht ur exisitin vendor will charge u this only ...........

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:9, topic:22209”]

dear where do u live … cux calibration charges are only 500 rupees … if u r in lahore thn visit my office … if u live out of lahore thn i m pretty sure tht ur exisitin vendor will charge u this only …

[/quote]

bro i am from multan , they said 2000 rupees for repair :( , unfortunately i am stuck with this because no one repair rest of him in multan … thats why i have to create thread here for help…

hmmm .... thz awful ......... thn m afraid u hv no choice but to go there n convince him that its not hardware problem thn software one ....... cux the hole story u mentioned above is clearly stating that ur ups needs a calibration .........

bro can u please tell here the callibration method ?

bhai there is no method at all ......... its simply the commands that u hv to type but this all be done by checkin the voltage n ampere of ups n battery ........ plus u hv 2 hv the apc genuine serial cable not the ordinary one ....... it cant b done online or on phone ...... u cant perform the calibration just simply wid my guidance .......... there r many values which has to be seen b4 changing other values ....... this time hez askin just 2k ..... wot if u unintentionally fry ur ups n he ll then ask for more bucks ....... its my advice as a frnd and brother that don do nythin that u repent lately ........

I want the 4 beeps that occur while my 1500va apc is on battery to stop. How can this be done?? There is onlyba serial port on back of my apc and no usb port. Any fix for that???

Sent from my iPad mini 3

it has a special DB9 cable, not the regular serial port.. such controls are only possible thru serial port. DONOT attempt them yourself. you may easily brick your ups, and instead of the 200-300 for this work by professional, you may end up paying 2 3k for unbricking it.

it seems easy to do but it can as easily become a Beach..

Well i just opened it. Found the buzzer. Took off the buzzer cap. Put some electrical tape on the buzzer and put the cap back on. Now the buzzer sound is down / low enough to not cause disturbance.

Sent from my iPad mini 3