Apc 1500 All Lights Blinking problem

Hi guys, my APC 1500 is acting real weird at night since 2 days it just trips from KESC load and all its lights start to blink at once. if i switch to battery backup it runs fine but the moment i switch to kesc connection it trips and all lights start to flash at once. yes voltage is kinda low these days and when i turn the ups on it shows on the panel the amber light. It works fine in the day and does not trip.

Is this a hardware or software problem and should i put a stabilizer to it? i have a puma pvsl 500 stabilizer..

Thanks.

[quote=“Frost, post:, topic:”]

Hi guys, my APC 1500 is acting real weird at night since 2 days it just trips from KESC load and all its lights start to blink at once. if i switch to battery backup it runs fine but the moment i switch to kesc connection it trips and all lights start to flash at once. yes voltage is kinda low these days and when i turn the ups on it shows on the panel the amber light. It works fine in the day and does not trip.

Is this a hardware or software problem and should i put a stabilizer to it? i have a puma pvsl 500 stabilizer…

Thanks.

[/quote]

Same issue with mine when wapda comes back.

Seems to me like a voltage issue either low or high

I m in lahore

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

@ frost

it is a software problem. happens often.. software needs reflashing and battery constant needs to be reset.

1 Like

Are you sure? cuz i read on one forum that its an AVR Relay Weld Fault. :(

here is the link:

http://forums.apc.com/message/23594

How do i flash the software & reset battery constants? any tutorial

When I came in this AM, the UPS was off and the server shut down.when I press the power button, all the lights blink, but there is no warning sound. After a second or two of blinking, they all go dark and there is still no power to server.I ran the server power through another UPS and it powered up. I plugged the UPS into an outlet on other side of building and it still blinked and did not turn on.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

When operating on line, the runtime remaining (calculated by the

Smart-UPS microprocessor) must be AT LEAST two minutes more than the low

battery signal warning time. Otherwise, the battery charge graph LEDs

will flash.
[/quote]

Full article at: http://www.techiehq.net/pc-technical-talk/apc-ups-question-24516.html

Thanks

[quote=", post:6, topic:19414"]

Full article at: http://www.techiehq.net/pc-technical-talk/apc-ups-question-24516.html

[/quote]

This is about battery led's flashing, which means battery needs to be re-calibrated. i am talking about all the leds flashing.. any suggestion on how to fix that?

again....

it is a software problem. happens often.. software needs reflashing and battery constant needs to be reset.

happened to me twice. as long as the UPS starts up and does its charging it is only a software problem. you can simply diagnose it by connecting a 1kva or a 1.5KVA stabilizer to it if it is lying around the house.

So how do i re-flash the software? and also resetting battery constants? :(

if you were in lahore or ISB, i could help, but i dont know anyone in karachi who could do that.. there are BOUND to be some qualified electricians who would be able to do it for you. doing it yourself is absolutely not advisable.

I have apc 3000xl.Can i put it in standby mode so it run&charges batteries when wapda is on&turn off when wapda is off.it is very hot to touch now days so i want to give it rest sometimes by avoiding running on batteries when not in use.

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk

^ Yes.. just one single press on the power button.. internal fan will keep running.

the power button you told is power off button,right?
it is not as simple in apc as in homage,if i press off button of apc for a second it beeps but nothing if i press off button for 2-3 seconds then it turns off or may be go to stand by mode.
other thing i noticed in apc is when you turn it off by button&put down circuit breaker then you will need to first turn on apc on battery power&then turn on wapda.circuit breaker trips if apc is off.i pressed power off button then after sometime wapda was off when wapda returned instead of apc coming back to standby mode the circuit breaker tripped.In homage standby mode it turns off when wapda off&when wapda on it keeps charging batteries.

My question still unanswered...today i turned off apc by pressing power off button&when electricity came back the circuit breaker for apc tripped off.why it happens? Now i have one more question.when i turn off apc&turn on it shows one battery bar even if it was showing 4-5bars before turning off.sometimes it is corrected by pressing power off button.

after modifications the apc unit is no longer able to accurately identify the remaining battery power.. also the bars are not a true indicator, they are rough estimates.. from 2010 models onwards apc units now come with digital meter with % display which is accurate like the UNi-T meter.. however, it doesnot matter, as the terminal voltage will determine when the power is drained so readings wont have any impact on actual backup.

there was no other question in previous post.

your circuit breaker is dead probably.. old breaker or underpowered.. it requires a 20A breakers, preferably, a legrand, but ORIGINAL legrand, not copy.. Bosch is good Too.

Circuit breaker was installed for gree inverter later connected to apc so may b underpowered i will check but you said 20amps breaker needed which is 4400watts&apc is 2400watts so why double capacity breaker?high surge of apc?

because there are no 15A breakers..if any, the very rare..

also, stop using calculators for your requirements.. practical long term results are not based on decimal calculations.. those are for ideal testing conditions only.

How does the APC UPS calculate the Battery State of Charge (SOC) in percentage. Do you have enter the battery capacity and it monitors both amperes(both in and out) and voltage ? or is only determines it from the battery voltage ?

it has its own sensor inside..specifically designed for its internal battery..