Anyone using MCB Lite?

Is anyone using MCB Lite to buy products from ebay and other sites? I tried to apply but it says "for the next few weeks it is invite only". So how did you apply for it?

pm ur mobile number, will send u invite....

[quote=“improfessional, post:2, topic:22325”]

pm ur mobile number, will send u invite…

[/quote]

Sent.

I think it is not very good service ...

[quote=“doragames, post:4, topic:22325”]

I think it is not very good service …

[/quote]

For online payments , using debit card (not credit card) its the most widely accepted debit card (to my knowledge)

there customer support service sucks though…

[quote=“improfessional, post:5, topic:22325”]

For online payments , using debit card (not credit card) its the most widely accepted debit card (to my knowledge)

there customer support service sucks though…

[/quote]

I have submitted form and they have given me application number. Let’s see what happens next. No idea when and what will be next step.

[quote=“TechMan, post:6, topic:22325”]

I have submitted form and they have given me application number. Let’s see what happens next. No idea when and what will be next step.

[/quote]

Well in my case after online applying, i received a call from their rep in a week in which i agree to pay initial charges around 1000 from my already maintained account.

Afterwards i had to wait for like 3-4 weeks and when i had almost forgotten about it, it was delivered to MCB branch where i have an account :)

so keep your fingers crossed…:slight_smile:

[quote=“improfessional, post:7, topic:22325”]

Well in my case after online applying, i received a call from their rep in a week in which i agree to pay initial charges around 1000 from my already maintained account.

Afterwards i had to wait for like 3-4 weeks and when i had almost forgotten about it, it was delivered to MCB branch where i have an account :)

so keep your fingers crossed…:slight_smile:

[/quote]

Does it incur any charge when you use it to purchase something online? I was reading their schedule of charges and it said it is free to use on internet.

Secondly can you use it anytime you want or you have to call MCB first and open session?

[quote=“TechMan, post:8, topic:22325”]

Does it incur any charge when you use it to purchase something online? I was reading their schedule of charges and it said it is free to use on internet.

Secondly can you use it anytime you want or you have to call MCB first and open session?

[/quote]

no charges on online transaction atleast not on alixpress…

no need to open separate sessions on each transaction,

Called MCB and they said card will be delivered in 7 to 10 working days.

Got MCB Lite card and some thoughts:

1. It does not show details of the transaction as you'd want i.e. it only says POS International or something on those lines instead of showing the website and amount of foreign currency for which the original transaction was.

2. I am being told that I have to show proof of income for Lite 1 package, everything in their marketing material says that you don't need to give anything other than CNIC. Further proof is only required if you go for Lite 2 package. I think the Branch or Helpline staff is incorrect about this and I should have been upgraded to MCB Lite 1 by now but I have not bothered checking with MCB Lite Helpline yet.

3. Helpline is a let down. It takes forever sometimes to connect to a representative and it is like old school helpline, you hear everything from the background that is...

I didn't receive MCB Lite Card because MCB was being MCB.

I called them after about 7 days to inquire and they said my application was rejected because CNIC expiry date didn't match. I was like WTF! I am your customer for more than 10 years and you have all my detail so how come expiry didn't match with NADRA record. Anyway I thought may be I put incorrect expiry at the time of filling out the form so I told them to fix it. And they MCB support staff said that CNIC expiry date has been fixed and now my application will be processed again.

Two days after that I got a call from MCB telling me status of my application and she told same story that application was rejected because CNIC didn't match with NADRA record. I told her that just 2 days ago I had it fixed. It's been more than 10 days now and no sign of card or anything. F U MCB!

DUPLICATE POST

[quote=“Joker, post:11, topic:22325”]

Got MCB Lite card and some thoughts:

1. It does not show details of the transaction as you’d want i.e. it only says POS International or something on those lines instead of showing the website and amount of foreign currency for which the original transaction was.

2. I am being told that I have to show proof of income for Lite 1 package, everything in their marketing material says that you don’t need to give anything other than CNIC. Further proof is only required if you go for Lite 2 package. I think the Branch or Helpline staff is incorrect about this and I should have been upgraded to MCB Lite 1 by now but I have not bothered checking with MCB Lite Helpline yet.

3. Helpline is a let down. It takes forever sometimes to connect to a representative and it is like old school helpline, you hear everything from the background that is…

[/quote]

1. What are transaction charges?

2. What was the dollar rate you got?

3. Once transaction is made, does it show up instantly in online report and does it show in Pak rupees?

[quote=“TechMan, post:12, topic:22325”]

I didn’t receive MCB Lite Card because MCB was being MCB.

I called them after about 7 days to inquire and they said my application was rejected because CNIC expiry date didn’t match. I was like WTF! I am your customer for more than 10 years and you have all my detail so how come expiry didn’t match with NADRA record. Anyway I thought may be I put incorrect expiry at the time of filling out the form so I told them to fix it. And they MCB support staff said that CNIC expiry date has been fixed and now my application will be processed again.

Two days after that I got a call from MCB telling me status of my application and she told same story that application was rejected because CNIC didn’t match with NADRA record. I told her that just 2 days ago I had it fixed. It’s been more than 10 days now and no sign of card or anything. F U MCB!

[/quote]

I actually applied using a referral link which was present on MCB Lite’s Twitter account. I got SMS about registration the next day and got the card in about 5 working days after that. I am surprised an existing MCB customer has to face this sort of issue… I am not MCB account holder but I will suggest that you go to the local Branch and try applying from there. See if they have some process from Bank.

P.S. I just remembered this. The form that I filled for MCB Lite online, it had a slight bug where it would not let you enter the proper DATE OF CREATION for the CNIC, I think the years were limited or such. I had to manually enter it following the standard in which EXPIRY DATE was written. Are you sure you are not having this issue and the staff is confusing this?

[quote=“TechMan, post:14, topic:22325”]

1. What are transaction charges?

2. What was the dollar rate you got?

3. Once transaction is made, does it show up instantly in online report and does it show in Pak rupees?

[/quote]

1. There are no separate transaction charges. I have only been deducted 250 Rupees for card from the balance.

2. The dollar rate received on 4th November for a test transaction was 107.712 while I did another transaction sometime back and I received 107.752. Seems to be about 2-2.5% of the rate. I think this is normal everywhere? I am also using SCB’s Debit Card btw, the rate I received on 4th October for a test transaction was 109.849! While they charged me 108.458 back on 14th October. The only reason I can think of, for this is that they must have better protection against fraud? In case the card is mis-used, it will be hard to get the money back with these local Banks that have a memorable line everytime you want to activate the credit card/debit card (in this case MCB Lite) for online use, “ANY TRANSACTION THAT IS CONDUCTED DURING THIS TIME ON YOUR CARD SHALL BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY” but one can get away with MCB Lite because it is simply a pre-paid card, which can be loaded immediately before use online. This is the reason I told the Helpline to activate the card FOREVER.

I will be able to report the dollar rate of Bank Alfalah’s Credit Card in a few days for the current month in comparison to this.

3. I got SMS for the transaction I did just a while back, mentioned above, a second before the page refreshed and told me that it is successful. The amount is only shown in Pak Rupees. It also shows up in the statement list.

Something else that had me confused. It is written everywhere that one could use IBFT to load money in MCB Lite and I was wondering whether they would allot me a proper Bank account number for this but recently, when I selected ‘MCB’ under IBFT of Bank Alfalah’s Internet Banking, it said ‘Enter 11 Digits MCB Lite Account Number’ which corresponds directly to the mobile number used for MCB Lite and works!

I used Soneri's Visa Debit Card and here is the dollar rate I got.

22 Oct 2015 105.15

26 Oct 2015 105.15

29 Oct 2015 105.35

30 Oct 2015 105.34

01 Nov 2015 105.34

09 Nov 2015 106.2

11 Nov 2015 106.84

Looks like Soneri's rate is better than MCB and SCB but it charges 2.5% or 300 which ever is higher.

^ Soneri's rate would be more than MCB atleast then considering the above mentioned charges.

For example, yesterday's transaction:

MCB - 62.25 USD @ 107.752 = 6707.562 PKR

Soneri's would be:

62.25 USD @ 106.84 = 6650.79 PKR + 300 Charge = 6950.79 PKR / 62.25 USD = 111.659

Unless my math is wrong.

While Bank Alfalah's credit card rate of 10th October is 106.6 per dollar with 100 Rupees session activation charges, although they did not mention it on phone this time.

[quote=“Joker, post:17, topic:22325”]

^ Soneri’s rate would be more than MCB atleast then considering the above mentioned charges.

For example, yesterday’s transaction:

MCB - 62.25 USD @ 107.752 = 6707.562 PKR

Soneri’s would be:

62.25 USD @ 106.84 = 6650.79 PKR + 300 Charge = 6950.79 PKR / 62.25 USD = 111.659

Unless my math is wrong.

While Bank Alfalah’s credit card rate of 10th October is 106.6 per dollar with 100 Rupees session activation charges, although they did not mention it on phone this time.

[/quote]

Yeah Soneri’s rate is higher when you consider that Rs. 300 charge. Plus you have to call them to open session.

Last year I paid for something with my MCB lite card. The next day they seller says he wont be able to ship to Pk as there have been a few charge backs from Pakistan after shipment. I ask for a refund and the said they only put the funds on hold for 1 day and never charged me and that they have released that hold.

Idk if you can imagine asking MCB about the missing money. Some responses I got were

"You should have been careful not to use it on shady websites, now they ate your money and we cant do anything about it".

"It was your responsibility not to share your card number with strangers, now that you have been scammed we cant do anything".

Each of these conversations were 30 mins long where I unsuccessfully tried explaining what happened while being put on hold repeatedly while they check. The concept of putting funds on hold was alien to them, they sent me a form from their fraud department and told me not to have high hopes about it.

After more than a month of trying I just gave up. Had to leave the country and the phone calls were too frustrating trying to explain the same thing to someone who cant get his head around the concept again and again.

Idk how or why 3 months later they money is back in my account.

*edit !@## me, ordered through yayvo, charged in full with a CC. 2 weeks later they are still waiting for the funds from their bank. Now I have to try explain how a CC works. Explaining the concept of 0 to a monkey would be entertaining at least.

[quote=“executionist, post:19, topic:22325”]

Last year I paid for something with my MCB lite card. The next day they seller says he wont be able to ship to Pk as there have been a few charge backs from Pakistan after shipment. I ask for a refund and the said they only put the funds on hold for 1 day and never charged me and that they have released that hold.

Idk if you can imagine asking MCB about the missing money. Some responses I got were

"You should have been careful not to use it on shady websites, now they ate your money and we cant do anything about it".

“It was your responsibility not to share your card number with strangers, now that you have been scammed we cant do anything”.

Each of these conversations were 30 mins long where I unsuccessfully tried explaining what happened while being put on hold repeatedly while they check. The concept of putting funds on hold was alien to them, they sent me a form from their fraud department and told me not to have high hopes about it.

After more than a month of trying I just gave up. Had to leave the country and the phone calls were too frustrating trying to explain the same thing to someone who cant get his head around the concept again and again.

Idk how or why 3 months later they money is back in my account.

*edit !@## me, ordered through yayvo, charged in full with a CC. 2 weeks later they are still waiting for the funds from their bank. Now I have to try explain how a CC works. Explaining the concept of 0 to a monkey would be entertaining at least.

[/quote]

I can feel your pain because I know how shitty MCB customer service is.

Here’s my update on MCB Lite card. I sent them an email on 11 Nov about it and quotes application number which I got from them at the time of online form submission. I got response on 18 Nov after 7 days. Can you believe that in this day and age you are getting response on email after 7 days???

And you know what their response was? They said “sir please send us your CNIC” WTF!

I mean what’s the point of that application number if I have to give you my CNIC? Just check that application number and you will get all detail from your system. Anyway I told them my CNIC and now I am sure I will get response after 7 days with some other bullshit.