Anyone using Hostgator? Hostgator requiring Photo ID?

I signed up for a hosting package..I received a email stating that I need to send a Photo ID such as Passport or Driver's License to them.

I do not feel good, sending them personal stuff, has anyone used Hostgator before? If so, Do they asked this from you too?

yes, they do ask for this.

and if you bought hosting with someone else' paypal/ credit card.. you will have to send them their ID as well.

[quote=“Mumtaz, post:2, topic:21058”]

yes, they do ask for this.

and if you bought hosting with someone else' paypal/ credit card.. you will have to send them their ID as well.

[/quote]

So, it's ok to send them a scanned copy of Passport? and, do I need to mask out any personal details on the scanned copy, or just send them as it is?

You have to send your proof, it's not only hostgator, almost every company randomly pick customer for verification when you use paypal or credit /debit card. Mask your DOB specifically. And show them only info what they want. Your name, photo, issuing authority, place of issuance, issuance and expiration dates should be clearly visible.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

Yes they do ask for ID. I had to send a scan copy of my Credit card (front side Only) to activate my website/ subscription.

Therefore its ok to send your id. I guess we live in a black-list territory.

Half population of world is black listed :-P China India Pakistan

yes i have hostgator reseller account. I have sent them these documents.

Well, I gave them all the required documents, but was unable to verify my account, now I have asked them to cancel my subscription.

I was using MCB Lite Visa Card, which is a prepaid card, and doesn't have a name on it, so they asked for documents that have my name and card number on the same document, such as Deposit slip, ATM slip, Transaction history etc.

No such documents have card number, they only have my account number..So, I got frustrated and told them to cancel my subscription..

Are there any other web hosts, that don't go through such rigorous verification process?

Stablehost.