Anyone using 8MB PTCL Broadband

Hey is anyone on WiredPakistan using PTCL 8MB Broadband.

I want to know how is it and Why u bought it(I mean for business or....)?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hey is anyone on WiredPakistan using PTCL 8MB Broadband.

I want to know how is it and Why u bought it(I mean for business or…)?

[/quote]

i am using it with speed touching 750kb plus its something special,iam fond of downloading blu ray movies 8gb in 4 hrs download time

good for you man i wish i would had ONU in ma area too and then would be enjoying 8 mb link man

i am using it with speed touching 750kb plus its something special,iam fond of downloading blu ray movies 8gb in 4 hrs download time

[/quote]

750KB ?

That’s low… it should be like 925 or 950KB

750KB ?

That’s low… it should be like 925 or 950KB

[/quote]

It gives average on torrent about 750kb and on orbit download it exceeds 800 but not more than 825kb/s

@usmanakbar

can you show your speedtest result on london or paris server, how much you are getting there?

what speed u get using IDM?

i am getting 120kb on IDM and around 380kb on torrents. that is strange for me.

i m useing 10 mb coz my modem show Downstream Rate 10240 ,Upstream Rate 1003

with 1.1 mb speed

955884372.png

i used 8mb for a day.I think ptcl were doing sum testing during da upgradation days and my connection became 8mb for one day. Everything was just a breeze. i got download speeds of 1MB per second which used to go to 900kB for a few seconds occassionaly..

Ah well it was fun while it lasted.. :(

i have question is any one using 6 mbps connection if so then whats the typical speed they get . like i m getting 440 to 480 on 4mbps connection so in my view in 6 mbps it will be 600 to 630 ?

No matter, how fast your connection is if its PTCL becoz at the end they are suck in their service/support.

@ Ifkaar

Yes it is ! But Your line must support it , Your SNR is very important to get speed ! If you are having around 15 then there will be alot of disconnections !