Anyone used Samsung Galaxy Apollo I5800?

Has anybody used Samsung Galaxy Apollo I5800 ?

Is it available in Karachi ?

If yes, what will be the price ?

I am thinking to purchase this phone so would wellcome any reviews on it.

anyone ?

This handset Is a year old, I do not think it would interest anyone to sell it.

Plus are you sure it supports Froyo atleast?

Yup it is an year old set but I guess most of the models sold in Pakistan are pretty old. New sets are launched quite late here.

It supports Android OS, v2.1 (Eclair), upgradable to v2.2.

I am thinking to buy a new I5800 or I5500 but not sure about the price or even how good or bad it is :) so thats why asking for suggestion.

Forget this phone if you use a Mac and have loads of contacts in your old phone. I have been unable to find anyway of transferring over my old contacts. Touch screen great if you have small fingers. Too many mistypes to be of any real use. If I kept this phone I'd end up throwing it at the wall.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Forget this phone if you use a Mac and have loads of contacts in your old phone. I have been unable to find anyway of transferring over my old contacts. Touch screen great if you have small fingers. Too many mistypes to be of any real use. If I kept this phone I’d end up throwing it at the wall.
[/quote]

Then what is the best alternative in the same range ?

Some of the features that I need are

Wifi,

Decent Cam

Android OS (never used android before)

GPS would be an advantage

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Then what is the best alternative in the same range ?

Some of the features that I need are

Wifi,

Decent Cam

Android OS (never used android before)

GPS would be an advantage

[/quote]

I would suggest you LG optimus as it has already sold more than 2 million units of Optimus one by now. This is also the first phone in Asia to come pre-installed with Android 2.2. The phone looks sturdy packed in a sleek chassis crafted out of soft touch plastic with a thin metallic trims and a chrome like bezel. Definitely the cheap and best Android available around.

A few specifications are below:

3.2 inches, TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors

3 Mega Pixels Camera with Auto Focus

Android OS, v2.2 Froyo

Up to 32GB, 2GB included

CPU – 600 MHz processor

3G, Wi-Fi, GPS

Hope this helps you to make up your mind. :)