Anyone from WiredPakistan visiting PASHA ICT Awards 2010?

hey guys i was just wondering if anyone from WP is gona visit PASHA ICT Awards 2010 ??

http://pashaictawards.org/

for those who dont know...

these awards are like OSCAR awards of Software companies in Pakistan...

It should be awarded to whichever IT entity can get Paypal to open up their services to the Pakistani market.

Until then, meh.... :/

^

i think the reason behind "paypal not in pakistan" is our poor and old school banking infrastructure...

so how can IT entities can work on it? unless banks do something collectively...

^ Most banks are ok. A few old ones not up-to-date can be ignored.

Conspiracies.....

hey watch it live at http://pashaictawards.org/live/

try to find me :P

Video Quality is so poor!

But wait .... NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound :P

Lol @ Wi-tribe

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Most banks are ok. A few old ones not up-to-date can be ignored.

[/quote]

[completely off topic but I want to share my idea without expecting any response… please be on topic otherwise.]

I agree. the Banks shouldn’t be any of problems. But I also would want to add some thing in.

Would you guys believe the following…

A UK based telecom company tried to start business in Pakistan when the telecom industry was on the boom in its early years. You know what our MOIT told them about the possibilities how can they start business in Pakistan… it was like how much would they give to our honored ministers (not ministry), I mean how the ministers would get benefited from the deal… Long story short, The company started a callcenter instead in India within the same week when negotiations here didn’t workout. That telecom company wasn’t so big comparing to other ones but the thing to concern is that our ministers don’t want to let go even a little penny… Yes! you can think of it a self derived story… but I don’t want to prove it or make you believe it any way…

Vodafone also would have started operation in Pakistan even before India… could you imagine how come did it fail just in between…?

Your neighboring country also does have corruption, may be even more than Pakistan, but you know what… they are intelligent corrupts, they know how to manage corruption for long time… but we have fool ones, who want to eat at once and get away from here… of course we too are…

And I do believe it is true. Most of the world class facilities you don’t get here because of your good governance and their undocumented regulations and policies which are not acceptable by the businesses itself. In result, the good but small businesses, which could help nations, some times can’t manage to deal with such consequences and they decide to quit.

[on topic]

the live stream seems to be slow… I guess slower…

Worldcall Fiber 1mbps.

edit: it’s completely gone now… is it still on…? or I am hunting for it without of its existence… :P

lol it was a nice event...

the food was good :P

and they gave a bag,tee shirt,key ring,diary and a mug to all .. :P

lol it was a nice event…

the food was good :P

and they gave a bag,tee shirt,key ring,diary and a mug to all … :P

[/quote]

I missed it :( like all other previous events, BTW Be careful with that keyring thing, it can be bugged :P

It should be awarded to whichever IT entity can get Paypal to open up their services to the Pakistani market.

Until then, meh… :confused:

[/quote]

I agree 100% he should get PRIDE OF HONOR also

yeah i agree too , without paypal we are like shomalia bidding for oil wells in mideast :P