Anybody using second hand pcs here

i see in the market that their are a lot of second pcs available...from p3,p4s to even

pentium d systems,,all second hand,,has anybody bought these systems,,how r their performance and rates

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i see in the market that their are a lot of second pcs available…from p3,p4s to even

pentium d systems,all second hand,has anybody bought these systems,how r their performance and rates

[/quote]

i have an old p3 that i bought second hand that i use as a router

works great although a router is not a good way to test to see if the performance is good or not

i also have another P3 that i bought like 2 or 3 months ago that i use as a NAS to back up files on my computer it works fine 2

As an offshoot, does anyone have any experience with second hand hard disks? I'm skeptical but do you think they'd be reliable? Not as backup solutions obviously :P

i just bought an old p4 frm galaxy computers last week its also on there website... galaxy.pk its workin fine till now.....

i also bought a p3 frm galaxy for my aunt last year.... its also workin fine.....

both of the machines r branded and one is of DELL and other is of COMPAQ.....

As an offshoot, does anyone have any experience with second hand hard disks? I’m skeptical but do you think they’d be reliable? Not as backup solutions obviously :P
[/quote]

i bought 1 … it was a nightmare… donot buy 1 unless its from a person whome u know and the reason he is kikin an HDD out is tht he has bought a bigger 1…

IF you buy a second hand HDD be sure to test it thoroughly. The best test IMO is to run badblocks from a linux live cd. That way you know whether it has damaged sectors or not before you install anything on it.

wzub>>As an offshoot, does anyone have any experience with second hand hard disks? I'm skeptical but do you think they'd be reliable? Not as backup solutions obviously

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i have a second computer which has a second hand hard disk,,i keep changing it every year, year and a half because of hard disk failure,,i back up my data to cds and since the hard disk only cost 350 rs (its only 6.5 gb seagate) i really don care if it fails,,i try to buy 2nd hand disks from people who are upgrading their system and had bought it new..

small seagate hard disks with black cover and old wd hard disk r a good bargain...but again buy at your own risk because they do tend to fail, and the power situation in the country is such that computer hd fail a lot..

sk90y>>what is the configuration of the p4 u bought

my 1st pc was 2nd hand

i hav used many 2nd hand things like hards,dvd roms etc...

neever got a prob in any of them so i dont think 2nd things hav some probs

I have a number of second hand pc's in my office, they generally work fine, though I put a new HD in most of them.

- Intel Pentium-IV 1.6Ghz

- Intel 845gv Motherboard

- Sound + VGA

- Hard Drive 10GB

- Ram 128MB

- LAN 10/100

- Floppy Drive 1.44

- CD ROM (Laptop Type)

- Desktop Casing

the so-called reconditioned stuff from branded companies available in the market are quite if the parts aren't changed!

I ve bought 2 used p4, 1 for my younger bro and one for a colleague. Both are working fine. Word of caution! Buy one which parts can be replaced from local market

ive bought a pc for my friend with 80GB HD 1024MB ram 2.8GHz processor DVD-RAM+Floppy and it works faster then my pc which i thought it was fastest comp in town, before paying please check its parts are fully working or show it who have better computer knowledge by hardwearing

ive bought a pc for my friend with 80GB HD 1024MB ram 2.8GHz processor DVD-RAM+Floppy and it works faster then my pc which i thought it was fastest comp in town, before paying please check its parts are fully working or show it who have better computer knowledge by hardwearing
[/quote]

dude this aint a fastest pc in town… LOL

you didnot mention any thin about brand of mother board and type of cpu… cuz those thins matters…

and do mention how much iz he askin for it???