Anybody here uses mobile internet?

I mean connecting from cellphone service to your pc?

If you would have searched for GPRS or EDGE from forum search, you would've known that a couple of members use it, including me.

great to know it..

which service is good?

what are their rates?

and avg speed?

well yes i do use it ...i have used warid also...but right now i m using zong..and at zong its brilliant speed its gvng me 203kbps download on speedtest.net...

I hav used both Warid and zong. Warid is better but it is costly.

For zong subscribe to unlimited package @484 Rs

You'll get different results at different places. I have tested Telenor, Ufone and Zong, but have been using Warid for a year and two months, mostly in lahore, but also in Islamabad, Quetta and Sargodha. And one thing common to warid in my experience was reliability. I had just two incidents of problems on it.

I get 216Kbps in lahore, which is my mobile's maximum speed. A few members get up to 280+Kbps with USB modem (or a mobile phone with EDGE class 32).

Be very careful about Zong, as many members complain about it. If you have to get one, then check all networks on pre-paid connections before buying Postpaid connection.

I have only used Warid (first GPRS & now EDGE) and yes it's reliable. Thats why I haven't tried any other.

As Basit pointed out in http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3265 . Warid Infinity now has a 2GB limit, so be careful as it will be charged 20paisa/mb after this :@

i am using prepaid. I travel frequently. Its speed is different at different at different locations.

do not waste ut time

man get zong unlimited net

it rox at constant speeds frm 20-30kB/s

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

You’ll get different results at different places. I have tested Telenor, Ufone and Zong, but have been using Warid for a year and two months, mostly in lahore, but also in Islamabad, Quetta and Sargodha. And one thing common to warid in my experience was reliability. I had just two incidents of problems on it.

I get 216Kbps in lahore, which is my mobile’s maximum speed. A few members get up to 280+Kbps with USB modem (or a mobile phone with EDGE class 32).

Be very careful about Zong, as many members complain about it. If you have to get one, then check all networks on pre-paid connections before buying Postpaid connection.

[/quote]

280kbs is real good on edge…Even 200kbs is very very good on edge.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

man get zong unlimited net

it rox at constant speeds frm 20-30kB/s

[/quote]

Sounds good to me…

shoukat since wen u started to work for zong :D.AFAIK zong s*X Yes with a BIG X.Go For teleNor Or warid

Ps:Never Trust chinese people

Anyone using Sony Ericsoon w810i to connect to PC using USB/Bluetoon to surf internet on PC via EDGE/GPRS?

^ i use it for using Telenor GPRS/EDGE

Good I have telenor djuice package on my w810i. Can u plz tell me the detail about the package and hows the internet speed you are getting?

^ i dont have any specific package i just use the default one i only use it sometimes to check mail n stuff

speed is around 12-18k i have EDGE coverage in my area

Ok thanks.