Anybody got his/her connection upgraded?

i heard ptcl is upgrading their packages. one of my friend's 512 connection is upgraded to 1MBPS..

yes go to the PTCL topic

Yeah, many people have already been upgraded. Rest are due latest by 23rd March.

already v have a topic where we r discussing upgrades concult ptcl problem and serivecs topic

YEah.lol. Ohh i see !!! I thought some fairy god mother came and upgraded the speed .hahaha..they should atleast phone and tell us ,anyways i am still grateful

BUt i am still paying 900RS o-O

Upgraded!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

BUt i am still paying 900RS o-O
[/quote]

They upgraded last year as well. The rate remained the same but speeds were doubled, 256kbps > 512kbps, 512kbps > 1mbps, 1mbps > 2mbps

Now same rates and upgrade being done again

512kbps > 1mbps

1mbps > 2mbps

2mbps > 4mbps

This is an awesome news but when i checked their site ,its still 1200 rs for 512 kps package

soul17 - its not announced yet :), as per some people here, they are going to announce it on 23rd March. They're doing the upgrades before that though.

Thanks joker for the info :) ...This is the most awesome thing ptcl has done,and i used to bug them for the low speed all the time.lmao...Ptcl rocks :D ..I have another question if i could still go back to 512 kps :P i might need to pay less ...though i am not planning to >_~

Don't think so soul, they are scrapping 512kbps.

i agree joker..thats almost right

Smartarses aint they !! :P ...Well i thought it could get cheaper for the ones for 512 kps and i could inform my friends and they can be referred by me and i can get 3 months free.So well thats not happening brrghhh

My friend is not upgraded till yet, although he is getting very lress speed on his current package(1 MB.. so what will be the result if speed goes double... i mean no assurance for batter / improved services.

My 512k connection that i got three weeks ago, was upgraded to 1mbps around a week ago (and i posted on the major thread), adding here, just in case :)

hello my name is zahid i live in kamoke (gujranwala) i use the 1mb connection i have requested the ptcl help customer center many time as thay said to me that thay have upgrated many connections just for testing and i said to add me in testing too but still that are not doing so

i wanna know is there any body who has upgrated from 1mb to 2mb >?

It is being said that there will be a 4mb connection...what will be the logistics of that and how will it be possible?

are our copper wires good enough to be used for 4mb connections.

i doubt that.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

are our copper wires good enough to be used for 4mb connections.

i doubt that.

[/quote]

Agreed …it will be same like as, we will have speed but no enough resources and good infrastucture for this speed… isn’t it?