Any reviews for TP-Link TL-MR3040?

I am thinking to buy this pocket 3G router to be used with my new Worldcall EVDO USB. I want to know if anyone out there have already used this router, please tell me your feedback?

Also, which company is more reliable Tenda or TP-Link for such routers?

dont know about that specific router , but even the lowest end cheapest TP-Link devices are very reliable and very conformant to our PK standards of PTCL and other networks.. they work out of the box with our configurations unlike D-Link and belkin which sometimes may become hair pull frustrating to setup (sometimes with some configurations)

TP link also has waranty and most widely sold here , so you may be able to get better support.. they also keep updating their firmwares..

just 2cents.

Using TP link WR941ND. Have 8 wifi devices connected and it works nice and stable.

[quote=“gull_s_777, post:3, topic:21822”]

Using TP link WR941ND. Have 8 wifi devices connected and it works nice and stable.

[/quote]

Using this router with which internet device? Wateen, PTCL, Qubee... etc?

In future I will buy both (AC Powered and Battery Powered) devices.

PTCL Broadband

TL-MR 3040 doesn't work with many of the 3G USBs, kindly check compatibility of your 3G Usb from tp link site before purchasing this router. Well PTCL 3G routers are available in 1000 rs from OLX but the problem is that they are not portable.

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

[quote=“waqar789, post:6, topic:21822”]

TL-MR 3040 doesn't work with many of the 3G USBs, kindly check compatibility of your 3G Usb from tp link site before purchasing this router.

[/quote]

I want to use it with Worldcall EVDO USB. I don't have any friend who has this TP link router so I cannot check it before purchasing :(

But you can check the compatibility of your device from their site Compatible devices list: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/3g-comp-list/?model=TL-MR3040

[quote=“waqar789, post:8, topic:21822”]

But you can check the compatibility of your device from their site Compatible devices list: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/3g-comp-list/?model=TL-MR3040

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing the link. I checked my Worldcall's USB model and it is mentioned there, so it will definitely work :)

Both TL-MR3040 and TL-MR3020 devices have this model number, Insha Allah when I will have money I will buy both routers :)

[quote=“waqar789, post:8, topic:21822”]

But you can check the compatibility of your device from their site
Compatible devices list:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/3g-comp-list/?model=TL-MR3040

[/quote]

mine is mentioned too its OPTION ICON 225

i am using tp link 3040 3g Router, it hangs a lot. you have to re-start it very often. but sometimes it works just fine for whole day without any re-start.

battery timing is 2and half hour to 3 hours, but sometimes battery becomes RED just after 20 minutes use.

I do not know, but there seems to be some hanging issues in it. overall 50, 50 remarks.

[quote=“Aliravian, post:11, topic:21822”]

i am using tp link 3040 3g Router, it hangs a lot. you have to re-start it very often. but sometimes it works just fine for whole day without any re-start.
battery timing is 2and half hour to 3 hours, but sometimes battery becomes RED just after 20 minutes use.

I do not know, but there seems to be some hanging issues in it. overall 50, 50 remarks.

[/quote] You may got a faulty device as its working flawlessly on my end,
If it’s still under warranty then do check from where you purchased and ask him to send it for repair/replacement

I believe, as there is no authentic way to check when the device is hanged, so the vendor will not replace it in warranty. he will say that battery is not covered in warranty.

sometimes it works fine all the day, so when i will go to shop to show him, i am sure, it will work fine.

Finally yesterday I purchased this device :)

I must say it is very sleek and beautiful device, I had seen it in youtube videos and photos but holding it in real is different.

Installation was so easy, took me only 1 minute. WiFi range is also great.

I got it for 2,850 PKR with 1 year warranty.

[quote=“jani, post:14, topic:21822”]

Finally yesterday I purchased this device :)

I must say it is very sleek and beautiful device, I had seen it in youtube videos and photos but holding it in real is different.

Installation was so easy, took me only 1 minute. WiFi range is also great.

I got it for 2,850 PKR with 1 year warranty.

[/quote]

which 3G/4G dongle you using it with ?

[quote=“armada, post:15, topic:21822”]

[/quote]

I am using Worldcall EVDO USB.

[quote=“jani, post:16, topic:21822”]

I am using Worldcall EVDO USB.

[/quote]

can you kindly mention the dongle model is huawei or some other…?

If it’s possible and you having a wimax wateen USB dongle please test it on this router and share the results…

[quote=“armada, post:17, topic:21822”]

can you kindly mention the dongle model is huawei or some other...?

If it's possible and you having a wimax wateen USB dongle please test it on this router and share the results...

[/quote]

The worldcall USB model # is EC168C.

And I don't have Wateen's "USB" but its a router itself.

If you need any more info you can tell me.

[quote=“jani, post:18, topic:21822”]

can you kindly mention the dongle model is huawei or some other…?

If it’s possible and you having a wimax wateen USB dongle please test it on this router and share the results…

The worldcall USB model # is EC168C.

And I don’t have Wateen’s “USB” but its a router itself.

If you need any more info you can tell me.

[/quote]
i only wanted to know does it support wimax usb modem or not…
did you get hardware v2 in that price?

[quote=“armada, post:19, topic:21822”]

i only wanted to know does it support wimax usb modem or not... did you get hardware v2 in that price?

[/quote]

Yes, it is "ver 2.4" If you're from Karachi I can tell you about the computer shop I got it from, he is very good friend of mine.

I also asked about using Wimax dongle with 3G/4G routers on different forums but nobody could answer it because 3G and Wimax are different technologies.

But now I think I know that Wateen Wimax USB dongle will "not" work with this TP-Link router because when I was setting up this router it asked the country. Upon selecting Pakistan it automatically gave 2 options to choose from (worldcall and PTCL) there was no Wateen in the list.

It cannot be configured to use it with Wateen Wimax :(