Any other service like worldcall EVDO?

Hello,

I am currently using wordlcall EVDO device to access internet, I want to know that is there any other company that offers such device to access wireless internet?

I want to keep it just as a backup because I work online around 24 hours a day so I can not afford being offline (in case my EVDO doesn't work).

Looking forward to hear from you friends.

Thanks

Jani

PTCL is going to start next month

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=60109#p60109

That's great. Thanks for the information.

I am really very happy to see such technologies here in Pakistan. I am sure as time passes people will get rid of stupid cable-nets and ptcl land lines to access internet... everyone will have his own USB device :)

EVDO doesn't work 24 hrs ???

It works 24 hrs, and I am very satisfied with the speed and overall performance. But I just want to have a backup because I am a full-time freelance web/graphic designer and I have to be online all the time to reply to my clients and work on my online projects. And in such situation I cannot afford to be offline if my EVDO doesn't work or it is slow.

I will just switch the device and continue my work.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It works 24 hrs, and I am very satisfied with the speed and overall performance. But I just want to have a backup because I am a full-time freelance web/graphic designer and I have to be online all the time to reply to my clients and work on my online projects. And in such situation I cannot afford to be offline if my EVDO doesn’t work or it is slow.

I will just switch the device and continue my work.

[/quote]

Well there is Wateen WiMAX which works within cities and it seems for now between cities also. However it is not a usb device (requires power).