Any idea of fee at al-shifa international?

I haven't been to much hospitals but I would like to visit some experienced dermatologist. I am trying to make a choice between visiting any of these 3 hospitals directly:

1) PIMS

2) CMH

3) Al-Shifa

However, I don't have any ideas at all of the charges at al-shifa. Can anyone enlighten me please? Diagnosis/Dr./Prescription and any extra hospital charges?

I just don't want to walk-in and walk-out only because their fees were too high.

@ Asad_N

My personal opinion is that medical doctor is a profession (other than government professions) that promise to make you rich in five~ten years (those doctors who are not yet rich are dumb). Doctors in Pakistan are butchers (have personal experiences, they kill people just because they don't get their fee).

PIMS: If you have any uncle or insider in PIMS then you may get good treatment. Otherwise their quality-of-service is third-class (which look awesome in those eyes who never got treatment at all).

Al-Shifa: So called non-profit. Run by some retired service-men and some "famous" doctors. Free treatment if you are "poor", though, you'll get "free" if you are in government services and have contacts. Again, a insider or uncle will give you access to treatment for just few hundred parchi. For poor people (I have seen closely) who don't have any medical treatment (especially for eyes' treatment) these people are like farishta.

CMH: As armed forces of Pakistan enjoy the luxury life (just try to read the menu of officer's Mess). Their hospitals have everything you can get (with the help of blood-money). Get some contact or uncle and get treatment from CMH (it will be free or low cost).

In the end, treatment can be expensive but with uncle or insider you can get almost free treatment. Quality of service wise, CMH is better (but that's my opinion).

Good luck.

Fe-Aman Allah.

Well you've got yourself confused.

Al-Shifa Eye Trust, is as the name implies an eye hospital which is trust based.

Shifa International, is a full functioning hospital (H-8/4 Islamabad)

Consultant visits are 1200 or 700, Im dont quite remember.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I haven’t been to much hospitals but I would like to visit some experienced dermatologist. I am trying to make a choice between visiting any of these 3 hospitals directly:

1) PIMS

2) CMH

3) Al-Shifa

However, I don’t have any ideas at all of the charges at al-shifa. Can anyone enlighten me please? Diagnosis/Dr./Prescription and any extra hospital charges?

I just don’t want to walk-in and walk-out only because their fees were too high.

[/quote]

what u are referring is Shifa international Islamabad

The registration fee is 600 .that gives u a Medical record number.

Consultant fee start from 700+.

As for dermatologist… u can run into direct private clinics of few. one of the most famous sits in his clinic in an street just behind Aladdin fun house, murree road. I think he is Brdg Ishfaq.

As for getting rich… trust me you better walk in shoes of doctor who studied n reached that rich state in most of the cases… it would be a very tough line… May i tell you the monthly pay of a doctor starting his job is less than the guy standing at the ICU gate as gatekeeper . The nurse get paid on govt contracts from start as 10,000. The consultant you see spends 5 years on pay of 15,000. Before that it was 10,000 and before that 3,000.

An MBA starts with 25k plus, a medical rep starts at 10k… where do u think doctors lose their mind then… who is going to pay for all those years of official abuse… dont try to put western doctors in comparison… highest paid professions in the west is medical, directors of companies n few. even then western health facility is highly costly and ppl complain still there… average time for an elective operation in Uk is 6 months plus.

we are not a welfare country … for 60 yrs it has been looted by almost everyone in power… with defense spending of 28% of budget , goverment jumps to the sky,hurrah we give 4 % to health in budget… 60 years of 25-30% literacy rate…and 4% health spending people will definitely see the doctors fee as too high… for 25 yrs there has been no new govt hospital in Rawalpindi …its a long fact book…why doctors charge that much…who wants curse of others all the time …none…what made them do that after years of denied income will erupt into a phenomenon u call as evil or unjust now…

Well you’ve got yourself confused.

Al-Shifa Eye Trust, is as the name implies an eye hospital which is trust based.

Shifa International, is a full functioning hospital (H-8/4 Islamabad)

Consultant visits are 1200 or 700, Im dont quite remember.

[/quote]

My bad, I mixed them up. Sorry.

what u are referring is Shifa international Islamabad

The registration fee is 600 .that gives u a Medical record number.

Consultant fee start from 700+.

As for dermatologist… u can run into direct private clinics of few. one of the most famous sits in his clinic in an street just behind Aladdin fun house, murree road. I think he is Brdg Ishfaq.

As for getting rich… trust me you better walk in shoes of doctor who studied n reached that rich state in most of the cases… it would be a very tough line… May i tell you the monthly pay of a doctor starting his job is less than the guy standing at the ICU gate as gatekeeper . The nurse get paid on govt contracts from start as 10,000. The consultant you see spends 5 years on pay of 15,000. Before that it was 10,000 and before that 3,000.

An MBA starts with 25k plus, a medical rep starts at 10k… where do u think doctors lose their mind then… who is going to pay for all those years of official abuse… dont try to put western doctors in comparison… highest paid professions in the west is medical, directors of companies n few. even then western health facility is highly costly and ppl complain still there… average time for an elective operation in Uk is 6 months plus.

we are not a welfare country … for 60 yrs it has been looted by almost everyone in power… with defense spending of 28% of budget , goverment jumps to the sky,hurrah we give 4 % to health in budget… 60 years of 25-30% literacy rate…and 4% health spending people will definitely see the doctors fee as too high… for 25 yrs there has been no new govt hospital in Rawalpindi …its a long fact book…why doctors charge that much…who wants curse of others all the time …none…what made them do that after years of denied income will erupt into a phenomenon u call as evil or unjust now…

[/quote]

We can’t compare 25k MBA (private-sector) with 10k doctor (government sector). Compare with either in government sectors or private sectors, not cross.

I have many doctor friends. I was lucky (or unlucky) to have witness many doctors that how they rose themselves from poverty to richness in matter of few years (all private sectors). One of them was in PIMS and when he resigned and joined a private clinic, within 5 years he got latest car, new home and visited once to USA and Taiwan twice and a Hajj last year. I am not jealous of them but I am amazed that this is the country where Islam is major religion and how we get rich without any burden of sins.

My brush with doctors is not just once or twice, it’s spread over years with many government and private hospitals. My conclusion is that most of doctors are heartless butchers. I had seen, with my own eyes, a patient dieing just because doctor refused operation without his fee (I was kid then). It’s not just one case, I have seen many, though not death but doctors rejecting admissions of patient to discharging when they can’t pay their debts.

I have seen, with my own eyes, in government hospitals when a doctor clearly threaten to patient’s relative to bring patient to doctor’s private hospital or he will die.

Try going to any government hospital without any uncle or insider contact. Unfortunately, my luck had forced me to visit many government hospitals many times, and every time I had seen and experienced myself that doctors usually treat patients and other humans (non-doctor) like animals (low-class humans). Because usually doctors have high pride that they have studied something extra-ordinary and thus they are superior.

Few time, I even had complaint that doctors are mistreating people with such disrespect that Shuders may get in India but my application must have went in dustbin.

Out of all of this, this is not true that all doctors are butchers. I have some very strange experience at Rawalpindi District Hospital (at Raja Bazar), a very unlikely place where I was expecting anything good, but staff was good, doctors were at least listening to my complaints. I was able to meet head of hospital and he treated me with respect as a human. I was baffled when the medical staff listen to me and worked on my complaint. And all without any inside contact. I always have strange experience there.

But most of all other places, BUTCHERS!

Fe-Aman Allah.

We can’t compare 25k MBA (private-sector) with 10k doctor (government sector). Compare with either in government sectors or private sectors, not cross.

I have many doctor friends. I was lucky (or unlucky) to have witness many doctors that how they rose themselves from poverty to richness in matter of few years (all private sectors). One of them was in PIMS and when he resigned and joined a private clinic, within 5 years he got latest car, new home and visited once to USA and Taiwan twice and a Hajj last year. I am not jealous of them but I am amazed that this is the country where Islam is major religion and how we get rich without any burden of sins.

My brush with doctors is not just once or twice, it’s spread over years with many government and private hospitals. My conclusion is that most of doctors are heartless butchers. I had seen, with my own eyes, a patient dieing just because doctor refused operation without his fee (I was kid then). It’s not just one case, I have seen many, though not death but doctors rejecting admissions of patient to discharging when they can’t pay their debts.

I have seen, with my own eyes, in government hospitals when a doctor clearly threaten to patient’s relative to bring patient to doctor’s private hospital or he will die.

Try going to any government hospital without any uncle or insider contact. Unfortunately, my luck had forced me to visit many government hospitals many times, and every time I had seen and experienced myself that doctors usually treat patients and other humans (non-doctor) like animals (low-class humans). Because usually doctors have high pride that they have studied something extra-ordinary and thus they are superior.

Few time, I even had complaint that doctors are mistreating people with such disrespect that Shuders may get in India but my application must have went in dustbin.

Out of all of this, this is not true that all doctors are butchers. I have some very strange experience at Rawalpindi District Hospital (at Raja Bazar), a very unlikely place where I was expecting anything good, but staff was good, doctors were at least listening to my complaints. I was able to meet head of hospital and he treated me with respect as a human. I was baffled when the medical staff listen to me and worked on my complaint. And all without any inside contact. I always have strange experience there.

Fe-Aman Allah.

[/quote]

u r talking of illness and i am talking of cause.

Thanks guys. Yes, I was referring to Shifa International and not "Al-shifa" - my bad. It's still affordable but others are way cheaper.

Fe-Aman Allah.

[/quote]

Who said that Docs do everything cleanly. Im a med student and to tell you the truth its much easier to get rich playing dirty as a Doc then it is in any other field.