Any good (and free!) weight training websites?

I need to lose my tummy! I have started a routine but I feel while I'm at it I might as well tone up the rest and do some weight training at home.

Can anyone recommend any websites where they take care of you as opposed to taking you for a ride? I need a place where they treat you like a novice, and not like a fool. The ideal website would contain instructions for selection of weights, correct positioning and frequency of workouts.

Yes, I could join the gym too but I have sufficient equipment at home. Which brings me to my next question: where can I buy high-quality dumbells in Karachi? I need those plastic ones, not the metal ones.

http://www.simplefit.org/ and http://www.crossfit.com/

Highly recommended, start of with Simplefit. See the Crossfit website for an overview.

Also see Evolutionary Fitness: the diet that really works

Great! Thanks man, I'll def check them out. No idea about dumbells huh?

If you follow the above, you won't need any weights at all... just a pull up bar. Far more effective that a regular weight training program.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/death_by_bodyweight

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I need to lose my tummy! I have started a routine but I feel while I’m at it I might as well tone up the rest and do some weight training at home.

Can anyone recommend any websites where they take care of you as opposed to taking you for a ride? I need a place where they treat you like a novice, and not like a fool. The ideal website would contain instructions for selection of weights, correct positioning and frequency of workouts.

Yes, I could join the gym too but I have sufficient equipment at home. Which brings me to my next question: where can I buy high-quality dumbells in Karachi? I need those plastic ones, not the metal ones.

[/quote]

You can get those vinyl dumbells from light house at good price but they don’t come in very high weights, while with metal ones you can adjust the weights as per need. Also the metal ones in silver color are good.

Thank you, I was looking specifically for vinyl weights because the metals one are quite rough to handle, and I do not anticipate lifting very heavy weights for at least some time.

Thanks for the input guys!

there is a book by Tom Venuto "Burn the Fat: Feed the muscle". Dude you gotta read this book, it is very good, very motivational.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3697579/Burn.The.Fat.Feed.The.Muscle.by.Tom.Venuto._eBooK

For the shortest weight loss plan that works.

To lose weight, all you have to do is, stop eating sugars and fried stuff and brisk walk 4-5 km's per day. If you keep your diet moderate you'll lose about 6 lbs a month. That's 30 lbs in 5 months. That's the maximum most people need to lose.

I would suggest that you work out your arms, chest and shoulders with those dumbells you plan on buying twice a week too. As in one day arms, one day chest, one day shoulder then repeat and make sure you take one day completely off.

White sugar and Fried stuff is a killer. Avoid like the plague if you want to lose weight.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

For the shortest weight loss plan that works.

To lose weight, all you have to do is, stop eating sugars and fried stuff and brisk walk 4-5 km’s per day. If you keep your diet moderate you’ll lose about 6 lbs a month. That’s 30 lbs in 5 months. That’s the maximum most people need to lose.

I would suggest that you work out your arms, chest and shoulders with those dumbells you plan on buying twice a week too. As in one day arms, one day chest, one day shoulder then repeat and make sure you take one day completely off.

White sugar and Fried stuff is a killer. Avoid like the plague if you want to lose weight.

[/quote]

Tom Venuto tells almost the same in his book “burn the fat feed the muscle”, the only thing he would say is to workout more than just dumbells and do with high intensity.

Very nice workout plan by abbas and explained in such a short way…good job

thanks