Any DIGG users here?

Hi,

Any DIGG users here? may be we can make a group and vote for each other.....what do you say....I can easily DIGG 50 posts a day....and write about 10....what say!? :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi,

Any DIGG users here? may be we can make a group and vote for each other…what do you say…I can easily DIGG 50 posts a day…and write about 10…what say!? :D

[/quote]

i m a digg user but i dont like the idea of havin a group where we vote for stories rather than stories that actually interust us

i m a digg user but i dont like the idea of havin a group where we vote for stories rather than stories that actually interust us

[/quote]

No problem. You don’t have some website I guess therefore it doesn’t interest you otherwise ask those who have. There is a monopoly of power users on digg and reddit and they only vote their own content. In fact some of them are get paid. They have sort of group and it is very difficult for a new user to go to first page.

No problem. You don’t have some website I guess therefore it doesn’t interest you otherwise ask those who have. There is a monopoly of power users on digg and reddit and they only vote their own content. In fact some of them are get paid. They have sort of group and it is very difficult for a new user to go to first page.
[/quote]

but digg wasnt meant for this stuff it was more community driven and this just cheats diggs system

[/quote]

The marketers to real hardcore fans of digg is way out of proportions. Try writing compelling content if you need to get links. Posting news from other sources isn’t just going to do the trick as you need some original and tricky content. There’s a little observing you can do yourself and ask yourself questions like, “why would I read this blog post?” or, “why do I read others’ blog posts?”.

Plus, digg traffic isn’t sticky as most of them tend not to subscribe to feeds, as they only consider one master feed to fulfill their needs, i.e. digg itself. Try stumbleupon if you really have to.

Yeah, digg traffic is not really good however if your content is good then you will get a lot of links.Hitting Digg front page is very very hard..Stumbleupon and delicious traffic is good and you can easily hit digg front page if you submit good stories from sites like endgadget etc.

The marketers to real hardcore fans of digg is way out of proportions. Try writing compelling content if you need to get links. Posting news from other sources isn’t just going to do the trick as you need some original and tricky content. There’s a little observing you can do yourself and ask yourself questions like, “why would I read this blog post?” or, “why do I read others’ blog posts?”.

Plus, digg traffic isn’t sticky as most of them tend not to subscribe to feeds, as they only consider one master feed to fulfill their needs, i.e. digg itself. Try stumbleupon if you really have to.

[/quote]

More than half of the content on internet is duplicate in one form or another. And a news is a news and it doesn’t belong to some particular organization/website unless there is an exception. A news itself means it’s a new content. Anybody can tell a news and it’s not a copyright. What copyright violation is when you just copy and paste from sources. I look around on web, get news that interests me most and then try to write it in my own words. I also add a few facts one or two.

For example a few days back I saw a news on WiMax on a popular website. They were discussing how WiMax will evolve and its growth in the future. And the thing is they didn’t even mention for once Pakistan which has the largest national WiMax setup in the world!!

It’s like writing something on search engines and you don’t mention Google. So I can do my own writeup on WiMax include facts from that news and further improve it by mentioning Pakistan’s setup. I am still a novice when it comes to writing news and articles and I am learning.

Digg traffic may not be sticky but at least it gives the website a start.

but digg wasnt meant for this stuff it was more community driven and this just cheats diggs system

[/quote]

In the same way torrent is not meant to share illegal content but this is what every one does. There are a lot of things which are not meant how they are but this is how it is.

There is a monopoly of power users on digg and reddit and they only vote their own content.
[/quote]

Not anymore. Digg has changed its algorithm to make it harder for the power users to to get their stories to the front page.

[/quote]

StumbleUpon traffic is entirely useless as it’s neither sticky nor gets you any links. I’ve had one of my posts get 50K hits from StumbleUpon in a few days, but it didn’t get more than a couple of links.

On the other hand, getting to delicious front page has always resulted in more than 30 links! I’ve never been on Digg front page but people get similar results from Digg too.

As for how useful Digg traffic is, I don’t think it’s the Digg traffic that marketers are after. A Digg front page almost always makes your page go popular on other social media sites such as SU, delicious, Reddit, Propeller, and plenty of others. So think long-term. Think of Digg as a gateway to the real traffic.

StumbleUpon traffic is entirely useless as it’s neither sticky nor gets you any links. I’ve had one of my posts get 50K hits from StumbleUpon in a few days, but it didn’t get more than a couple of links.
[/quote]

Then, I’d say it depends. My personal experience and from what I have heard, the stumbleupon traffic is more likely to get sticky, but that might not apply to technology related sites/blogs.

A Digg front page almost always makes your page go popular on other social media sites such as SU, delicious, Reddit, Propeller, and plenty of others. So think long-term. Think of Digg as a gateway to the real traffic.
[/quote]

I agree but we’re back to the square one, i.e. the “content”. If you have the right type of content to reach the top spot in digg, it’s likely to get the same kind of love at other similar sites.

I agree. Without original content, your story is going to flagged as spam if it ever make it to the front page. And if you keep on trying, your site might even be put on the auto bury list.

Traffic coming from other blogs is the best traffic. If a popular blog links to you, you'll see a high increase in your subscriber number overnight, even if the traffic is nothing compared to the massive SU or Digg traffic. If Techman can get a link from a blog like TechCrunch (:D ) then he's got panchon ghee main, aur sir karahi main.

Digg is crap

i had rather install a feed reader and subscribe to all the good sites

I look at http://diggriver sometimes, there is often interesting stuff tehre.

I normally get ten back links/ping backs daily but most of them are from crap web pages which are offering every thing from tech to other "ahem ahem" stuff with "rel=nofollow" so I reject 99% of them.

And my website is just 25 days old so there is still a long way to go.

lol trackback spam :P.Do you have askimet enabled?

lol trackback spam :P.Do you have askimet enabled?
[/quote]

lol yes I delete almost 10-15 of them daily

askimet is not activated.

lol yes I delete almost 10-15 of them daily

askimet is not activated.

[/quote]

Activate it and the spam will reduce.

I'm surprised that you don't get any spam comments without Akismet protection. I get a daily dose of 500-1000 spam comments on my blog, all blocked and deleted automatically thanks to Akismet.

Digg and similar site traffic is like a condom. It's mostly a one time thing and it is not something that gives you recurring users.

Digg and similar site traffic is like a condom. It’s mostly a one time thing and it is not something that gives you recurring users.
[/quote]

Then there is still room for some innovation. :P