Another Qasida concerning PTCL Broadband, but I need help people! :'(

Life was all fine for me when I lived in Zamzama and used Maxcom (Good Days). It all started when I shifted to Malir Cantt in September 2008. I asked three neighboring homes, all were using PTCL DSL, infact all of them actually praised their services.

I called 080080800 and applied for a new landline to begin with, and they said "withing 7 working days" (phew !). Meanwhile I bought Worlcall evdo "temporarily".

5 months later, a lineman appeared and installed a telephone line at my place, telling me it was dead now but would be activated in a day and gave me a telephone number. 3 months further passed, and the phone was still dead but I started receiving bills, I paid the first one thinking it wasn't activated because of outstanding installation charges in it. Still nothing happened, I complained to PTA. 3 days later, my phone was working perfectly (and I was jumping with joy).

I had applied for DSL alongwith the application for phone line. I called all known numbers for PTCL (1218,1236 bla bla) and they told me complaint for non-provision of DSL has been registered. Then I visited the exchange and submitted application and copies of former bills to adjust the line rent for the period in which the phone was dead as well, and the person there told me it would be adjusted in the next bill.

In the exchange I thought to investigate DSL as well. Some Aunty in the DSL Room told me "Yes I can see you applied for dsl in March 2009. Maybe you werent given DSL because your phone was dead. Or Maybe because you didnt pay the bills.... Oh, you have a copper line? Maybe, it's because of distance... but ok, we can provide DSL on copper too. I have written your number here, as soon as those 'larkay',who install DSL come here, I will tell them". I didnt know anything about a fiber line then, so didnt take her seriously.

Time and complaints passed like a flash again. Then I called the exchange many times, and discovered (Eureka!), I had a copper line and its was not possible to "deploy"(as they call it) DSL on it because of distance from the exchange. I said go ahead, convert this number to ONU. "For this you will have to submit an application with the Divisional Engineer of your concerned exchange. With a copy of last paid bill and copy of CNIC"

I checked the date and calculated the bill would be here in a day or two... I would take a copy of it to the exchange and get it converted. But the bill never appeared !!!

I complained to 080077888 (billing inquiry), they said we're sending you a duplicate bill through mail. And verbally told me your bill for this month is 1000 (whoa !!! where did that come from?? because phone was not in use) .... That too,never appeared. Now my phone has been shut off due to non-payment. This was supposed to be the adjusted bill -- I asked them to decrease my bill and they take revenge from me by not sending the bill and overcharging. (Wow!)

Just for the sake of trying, I contacted the lineman, he told me there would be no new ONU numbers for at least a month because we're out of capacity for fiber lines, so there would be no use applying for conversion. And that he doesnt know when the new equipment for increasing ONU capacity will arrive.

I have submitted complaints again on the PTA and PTCL website, and because of that, everyday a call from PTCL HQ comes on my cell, "Is your phone working okay now?" and I curse them every time !!! 1 year now, and I'm still stuck with Worldcall evdo, and these idiots give 256kbps for Rs.1200 ..... four times than PTCL.

I dont think PTCL evdo would work, because PTCL CDMA phones dont work in this area. EVDO uses the same network, right?

My Question is:

If I stop paying PTCL bill, which I think, would come in the next month with heavy arrears, would I be able to get a new ONU line on the same address ever?

Any other ideas ????

feel really sowrii for u... :(

ya apply with different name with same address for ONU i hope u get a new ONU line soon.. :P

Submit this story to some bollywood producers.

^ LoL

phewwwwww and you are still struggling for ptcl :lol: :lol:

All privatised companies/corporations were probably sold to rip-off Pakistani people. None of them is providing good service as compared to money paid by its consumers/customers. PTA PEMRA OGRA are all working as EXTRA to facilitate them in making huge profits. None of these companies is spending a single dime on its infrastructure. It looks like a "Take the money and run" situation. :(

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Submit this story to some bollywood producers.
[/quote]

It doesn’t have a happy ending :P

phewwwwww and you are still struggling for ptcl :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Majboori hai bhai :’(

THE TELECOM INDUSTRY IN PAKISTAN DOESN’T NEED A BOOST… IT NEEDS A BOOT :D

Hoping ur Quest For ptcl Dsl ENds Soon.

amen

THE TELECOM INDUSTRY IN PAKISTAN DOESN’T NEED A BOOST… IT NEEDS A BOOT :D

[/quote]

This is what I thought the first time I saw this in some one’s signature here :)

lol :D

@mbinazhar

Call GM II at 4819608 Cell 0333-3231000 and explain your situation/problem. This might help. These numbers were published last year in Newspapers and GM at that time was Farhan Jameel.

ah feel sorry for u...! i know this happens all tha time...PTCL is damn bad at this pole DB n exchange stuff...but wen it works then no comparision...i've gone through this but now i'm a loyal customer!

This is what I thought the first time I saw this in some one’s signature here :)

[/quote]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

i would suggest you to go to your near exchange with loaded pistol and shoot them all...