Another huge power crisis?

Ok, 2 hours to 4 hours per day load shedding during the day was OK.

Now, it seems that something is going on behind the scenes. Maybe another power plant went down?

It's 2:56 PM and our area has been closed down for 5 hours, already.

5:00AM to 6:00 AM

10:00 AM to 01:00 PM

2:56 PM to (Not sure now)

Is it just me?

Generator is having tough time. :P

ya man the situation is going worse day by day

i few minutes our light will be gone

while u guys are sayin the power crisis is gettin worse

amazingly for me it is better now in the whole day there has been only 2 hours load shedin

its from 6-9 pm then again from 4-6 am here.

but really doesn't affect me as i am not home between 6-9 and i am asleep at 4-6 :)

man that's the problem with kesc somewhere there is 12 hours of loadshedding and at some other place there is no loadshedding they should keep it balance

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

man that’s the problem with kesc somewhere there is 12 hours of loadshedding and at some other place there is no loadshedding they should keep it balance
[/quote]

They only shed load from peaceful areas.

man that’s the problem with kesc somewhere there is 12 hours of loadshedding and at some other place there is no loadshedding they should keep it balance
[/quote]

i guess they cut the power keepin in mind their profit

like in a high class area they will have less load shedin coz that way kesc can earn more

whle its the opposite for middle/lower class areas

like in a high class area they will have less load shedin coz that way kesc can earn more

[/quote]

ya thats one reason

but sometimes when there is no loadshedding here i open the tv and see the news that people are facing too much load shedding and i feel lucky :P

ya thats one reason

but sometimes when there is no loadshedding here i open the tv and see the news that people are facing too much load shedding and i feel lucky :P

[/quote]

lol

[/quote]

Its not like that, i have a relative who works there and he told me its based on Bill recovery percentage.

There are areas where 100% of the people pay their bills and no one steals electricity from them so they will keep load shedding to the minimal. whereas in areas where the bill recovery percentage is low and lots of stealing takes place the load shedding will be massive there

well in my area in multan they have been doing loadshedding from 6am - 10am and then 12pm - 1pm and then 2pm-3pm and then 6pm-7pm. period

it's been happening from last three days tho

:(

[/quote]

Population density = power consumption. A apartment jungle like Gulshan, Gulistan-e-Jauhar etc. will use much more power and thus generate more money for kesc than places like DHA where there are a lot less people.

The per person usage might be a 100 times more, but there are 10,000 to 100,000 times more people elsewhere.

I thought things were getting better as there's only 2-3 hours of load shedding in our area these days ;D

Ok, the power is back. Another hour might have helped them. :)

Edit: OMG, THE POWER DIED AGAIN. OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

while u guys are sayin the power crisis is gettin worse

amazingly for me it is better now in the whole day there has been only 2 hours load shedin

[/quote]

Same here…for last 2 3 days its decreased from 6 hrs to 3 hrs. Now when such thing is happening I just wonder why is it so???

Surprisingly, the load shedding has reduced by 1-2 hours.

At office it hasn't gone all day (yet).

It was going pretty consistently for 6 hours daily for the past 1.5 month at home, but that has now reduced a bit...problem is now you have no idea if electricity will go off at a certain time now...sometime it does, sometimes it doesn't...

I'm residing at Gulistan-e-Johar, Karachi.. The load shedding period in my area is,

9-11 am

5-7 pm or 3-5 pm

12-2 am

Total 6 hours of load shedding .. damn those suckers at KESC!

we had 2 hours load shedding before this post :@

wee are having 8 hours of load shedding in 24 hours

Load shedding had decreased in the past 2 days, but it perhaps has got back to normal again (4-5 hours total). :/