Another battery charger went bad

I bought an A4Tech wireless keyboard / mouse few months back. The RF is also a charger but it stopped charging a while back. I didn't get it repaired but bought a normal chinese battery charger for 300rs. After a few weeks of 24 hours usage, that charger has also stopped working. :/

Is 24 hour charging to be blamed?

P.S. the batteries are 1400mah 1.2v AA x 2.

u sure its charger acting up or maybe those cells died , buy a new pair of rechargeable cells,they're aroun Rs150~250 check if they work

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

u sure its charger acting up or maybe those cells died , buy a new pair of rechargeable cells,they’re aroun Rs150~250 check if they work
[/quote]

You mean to say the cells are damaging the chargers? Well, in each case, the charger went completely dead. No LED, no charging.

I bought an A4Tech wireless keyboard / mouse few months back. The RF is also a charger but it stopped charging a while back. I didn’t get it repaired but bought a normal chinese battery charger for 300rs. After a few weeks of 24 hours usage, that charger has also stopped working. :confused:

Is 24 hour charging to be blamed?

P.S. the batteries are 1400mah 1.2v AA x 2.

[/quote]

Do you have a UPS on the same line? If so, it is the cause of the problem.

Do you have a UPS on the same line? If so, it is the cause of the problem.

[/quote]

Spot on … What problem can the UPS cause? The charger has been working on UPS at times of load-shedding.

Ok, it was probably related to high voltage at late night when the computer is turned off and there's no load on the UPS. Got it repaired for 150rs :/

Ok, it was probably related to high voltage at late night when the computer is turned off and there’s no load on the UPS. Got it repaired for 150rs :confused:
[/quote]

the desi UPS veriety sends a huge spike when it kicks in. Secondly, If there is no load then the volatge will always be 220 plus, which you and me found out the hard way.

Desi UPS also supplier poor quality electricity (square waves...normal electricity is sine-wave).

This causes any electrical eqipment using coils (such as transformers, AC/DC adapters, fans) to heat up more than usual. Normal battery chargers also have small transformers to convert 220V into the required DC voltage and these get heated up. So these should be kept in a well ventilated area to avoid excessive heat build-up.

While this may explain why your alternative battery charger went kaput, it does not explain why the original A4Tech charger went faulty...that one runs via USB supplier power and should not have blown. A manufacturing defect or a bad battery is the likely culprit.