Anime Discussion Thread

Has anyone seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. i'm watching it these days. i think its great. i like the extreme perspectives they have when they use those crazy camera angles. The character design is very iconic, the background art and the animation is all great. The story is, well, the same as most of the other animes (little wimp kid, around 11-14 years old, becomes a hero).

Also watching cowbow bebop for the first time. good stuff. And finished the Death note series a few weeks ago. it was really entertaining.

i only watch simpsons, family guy and south park

I'm not really a fan of anime, the only anime series I ever loved was Robotech! That's maybe because I used to watch it when I was little. But..I only liked the first season 'Macross Saga'..It came out in the mid 80s. Ah, the 80s were the best.

wats make anime special and different from conventional cartoons?

difference is that anime comes from the east and cartoons from the west. so there are cultural differences. they both have good titles and bad ones. i guess neither is better than the other. i like anime mostly because of the way it looks. but of course like most things (movies/music/etc) 80% of it is crap.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

difference is that anime comes from the east and cartoons from the west. so there are cultural differences. they both have good titles and bad ones. i guess neither is better than the other. i like anime mostly because of the way it looks. but of course like most things (movies/music/etc) 80% of it is crap.
[/quote]

anime is all cartoons, the thing you are talking about which comes from east is manga

oh you know what i mean

from what i have read so far Anime is a term commonly referred for animation series which originates from Japan.

Yu Gi Oh... my all time favorite

hey i m new to forum , but i have been reading from forum long since ,

sorry to disappoint u executionist manga is comic book like thing n after any manga gets popular they make cartoon/anime based on it ,

i watch naruto and bleach their manga's have for more episodes released .

goto youtube and you will find manga and anime videos there

hey i m new to forum , but i have been reading forum long since ,

sorry to disappoint u executionist manga is comic book like thing n after any manga gets popular they make cartoon/anime based on it ,

i watch naruto and bleach their manga's have for more episodes released .

goto youtube and you will find manga and anime videos there

I've a whole 250 GB HDD dedicated to anime videos :) and several spindles of burned DVDs. How long've you been into anime? We could trade if you're in Karachi!

i am a Dragonball Z fan. :D

I am watching the Del the funky Homosapien .

just finished watching samurai champloo for the second time. i thought it was great. i didnt love it the first time i saw it a few years ago, this time, however, i really loved it. probably one of the best animes out there. i also saw Ani Kuri 15: fifteen, one minute long, short movies made by different studios, (like animatrix but shorter) they were pretty cool too.

i took some screenshots of anikuri15.

Anikuri_01.jpg

Anikuri_02.jpg

Anikuri_03.jpg

Anikuri_04.jpg

Anikuri_05.jpg

Anikuri_06.jpg

any of you guys watched death note?

I watched it a couple of weeks ago. I finished it within 3 days of watching the first episode... :D

That show is just too intense and exciting. You just cant stop in the middle!

I highly recommend it. I watched all the 37 subbed episodes though. Really nice!

Any suggestions for any other anime that I should watch after my exams are over?

I am thinking about watching fullmetal alchemist. or maybe bleach?

I've never watched anime in my life. Aren't these things like.. cartoons?

specter:

im sure youve seen transformers, voltron, saber rider etc. i think thundercats can be also considered anime, even though it was an american production, the animation studios were all japanese.

fahad:

ive seen death note, i really liked it. (read the first post!) i didnt like bleach, i stopped watching it after a few episodes, so i dont know if it gets better or not, i wouldnt recommend it. naruto was great for the first few seasons, so maybe try that. or get samurai champloo. read the thread ive recommended a couple of animes, i think.

iqi-kun:

theres nothing to trade, i just download from the internets =)

Oh, I guess I didn't read your first post.

I guess I will watch naruto after my exams are over. Is it available in dubbed? or are you taking about shippuden?

ive never watched the dubbed versions but im sure theyre there on the internets.

dont start with shipppuden, the earlier seasons were better. (episodes 001-135)