Android phones for Jan 2011 in Pakistan

OK I am making a dedicated thread about Android phones in Pakistan for 2011

there is so much noise from islamabad to lahore to karachi that there are new Android phones coming to Pakistan in january 2011, every mobile shop i visited personally to inquire are so upbeat about new batch of Android phones are coming, which would start as cheap as rs 11k.

now the problem is, in all this noise and hoopla about Android phones, nobody knows either be mobile phone shops or individuals who are beating Android drums can tell me which manufacturer is marketing which phones. only answer is that in Jan 2011 android phones are coming and thats it

so if anybody know for certain what we'll see in market come 2011 in terms of cell phones then please share info.

I reckon they are just creating hype for somehting which is nto not here. If gsm service providers are going to launch andriods under thier names i dnt think so, cuz Zong is still holding with IDEOS, ufone is depending upon the nokia N8, mobilink sells blackberry's .. while they are selling the Galaxy Tab aswell (which i find very wierd, cuz they cant even provide 3g :D ) .. So i think Warid will be introducing new handset under it's name..

Nd i dnt think our network providers have the potential to sell multiple handsets.. they do not have the market for smartphones yet..

Or maybe im just talking rubbish cuz im really sleepy rite now.

Yeah I plan to buy an Android phone in the near future. I would like more info on this too.

I think the operators won't sell (well - Mobilink's selling the Moto Milestone - but I have yet to come across a person who's bought it - and the device isn't that bad actually!). I personally own a HTC Desire - that said, I think independent companies will come and sell Android handsets in Pakistan (or perhaps extend the variety?)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What is the Android Mobile Phone, I mean what is difference between current mobile and Android, I do not understand?
[/quote]

you are asking what is android, so i am asking you what is www.google.com

I think the operators won’t sell (well - Mobilink’s selling the Moto Milestone - but I have yet to come across a person who’s bought it - and the device isn’t that bad actually!). I personally own a HTC Desire - that said, I think independent companies will come and sell Android handsets in Pakistan (or perhaps extend the variety?)
[/quote]

pakistani mobile phone service providers are stupid, again it all comes down to backward a-ss companies trying to imitate western companies

- from the start this country is used to of unlocked phones. so for cell service providers to come and sell locked phones is not acceptable for local consumer

- even in the west if mobile service provider sell the locked phones then those phones are 50% to 100% subsidized.

- in pakistan for example zong selling unsubsidized more than full cost locked android phone for rs 16k, while the same phone in usa totally unlocked is selling for rs 13k. so who the f-uck would wanna get zong android crap (not the phone but the contract). hmmm… me, yes i got suckered in buying one.

- we will buy the traditional way in pakistan and that’s buying unlocked phones from open market like we have been doing it for almost decade and a half.

- mobile service providers will never subsidize their cell phone offerings in pakistan, so they’ll never attract customers , they should concentrate on providing service only.

^ Agreed.

I wonder why Android sets (like Ideos) are not available in the mobile markets? Is it because of low demand?

^ Agreed.

I wonder why Android sets (like Ideos) are not available in the mobile markets? Is it because of low demand?

[/quote]

At the moment, importing Ideos from abroad will put its cost over or, at best, equal to what Zong is charging. Zte blade (orange san francisco in UK) is actually a very good alternative, but I guess importers are not interested in it because ZTE is not a well-known cellphone brand in Pakistan (or for that matter abroad).

I would still get two of them if they were selling in Pakistan for anything like 100 pounds.

locked phones can easily be subsidized if sold with post paid packages with annual agreements

^^

agreed

Ideos have released another set. Let's hope some operator launches here in Pakistan. Its called IDEOS X5. This one is a major improvement over the original IDEOS. See here:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ideos+x5&view=detail&id=2B72A374008140DE60568248D1436CD3093B2DF8&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR&qpvt=ideos+x5

Any updates of Android phone availability?

^ Agreed.

[/quote]

They are not available in the market since IDEOS has been launched world wide as a carrier branded handset. Huwaei has not sold it unlocked anywhere. I think Huwaei will sell its newer X5 and X6 phones unlocked in the market. And they look pretty good.

Which Android fone should i get.. i have 20 to 30 thousand in my pocket for new cell... so this time i m thinking for getting an android fone.. as i have used all the brands till now..so now i wanna see the magic of android ... i have seen htc desire hd.. its awesome but price too high for me.. i can only spend upto 30K.

@Bilal1

Get the Ideos (the wildfire also falls in your range but screen res is same, even though size is bigger, and it too does not support flash. So all in all both are similar handsets with one costing around 10k less than the other).

@Bilal1

check this one

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ace_s5830-review-558.php

still not released though

LG optimus One..

Btw January is over and not even a hint of new phones, Like i said in the second post.. it's all abt creatin hype.

d-amn man its feb 14th 2011 those f-ucking mobile shop owners told me in early dec 2010 that in jan 2011 there are so many types of android phones coming to pakistan that whole market would be over saturated. what a lying piece of s-hits, just can't trust pakistanis man.

NOT EVEN A SINGLE NEW ANDROID MOBILE PHONE IN THE MARKET, NOT EVEN LATE 2010 MODELS (besides already outdated android phones from 2009 and early 2010)

there is moto flipout, thats it.

Anybody heard of Samsung Galaxy 551 (with a physical QWERTY keypad). It got released in Pakistan for around Rs. 24k. Check it out:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_551-3515.php