am3 (and other amd) processors available in the pakistan market

the latest am3 socket processors are slowly coming into the pakistan market. Ram support has been

upgraded to ddr 3 on the mobo available for these processors.

They are starting to provide better value to the end user and are getting closer to

intel processors in performance. for example the 7750+ (ot os am2 though) available for 7200 rs has

1 mb l2 cache + 2 mb l3 cache (total 3 mb) making it comparable to intel e6300 available for

almost the same price.

Now the wait is on for cheap am3 mobo to hit our local shores. Lets see when they

arrive.

the best price for these processors are available from

http://www.czone.com.pk/

and other online websites

oh you mean AMD? I think Intel is giving more value for money here. Someone did a comparison on these forums and said AMD processors are overpriced here. I think Intel E6300 is faster than AMD 7750+.

Intel Rocks men And if anyOne wanna buy AMD Procy, Call or Visit Agn Computer's (karachi).

One of my Friend says that AGN is tired of selling AMD's Procy n Mobo's. Infact if u PurChase any Good or Mid Range AMD Socket Motherboard AGN gives you Free AMD Processor for your mobo :D:P

striker111>>Infact if u PurChase any Good or Mid Range AMD Socket Motherboard AGN gives you Free AMD Processor for your mobo

really :) is that true??

^ I say "One of my Friend says that AGN is tired of selling AMD's Procy n Mobo's. Infact if u PurChase any Good or Mid Range AMD Socket Motherboard AGN gives you Free AMD Processor for your mobo" :P.

i can give u my Friend's Number if u want :D. just for Confirmation :P:D

^ Why not call AGN directly and get confirmation on this matter. Number of AGN is 111-111-246

called agn, there is no deal!!!

striker what kind of deal did your friend get?

AMD processors in Pakistan are over priced, on average around $50 (4000 PKR ) above company price list because there is no official local distributor of AMD after IDL stopped dealing in AMD. Galaxy, AGN, CZONE buy AMD CPUs from their distributor in UAE (ASBIS), which charge around $15 above AMD price list for each CPU. After taking into account import expanses, tax/duty and retailer margin, it is no wonder that AMD CPU cost $50 above company price list in Pakistan. On a side note there are many people in Pakistan who purchased AMD CPUs in Athlon, Athlon 64 and Athlon X2 era and some of them may still be interested in buying cheap AM3 boards based on AMD 785G chipset with cheap Athlon II X4 quad processors expected to launch in coming months, but they have to wait for it till early 2010.