Alteration in PAKISTANI flags! What Do You Say?

well this is a topic which i wanted to share/discuss/promote since i got my senses

nowadays as we all know that JASHAN-E-Azadi is in its maximum...

but have you ever noticed that we find Genuine Pakistani Flags very rare...How?? Let me explain

out dear Country's Genuine Flag is this one pk.gif

The national flag of Pakistan is dark green in colour with a white bar, a white crescent in the centre and a five-pointed star.

but as this is Pakistan we see many different varieties in OUR flag so that people can have maximum choice...

There are many flag's which have a light green colour and we cant call it a pakistani flag

pk-lgflag.gif

in the same way we see pakistani flag with cartoons on it like mickey mouse or OUR GREAD Quaid's Picture or Allama Iqbal's Picture on it are not pakistani flags...

what has happened to our people we have even changed our flag...WTF??

have you ever seen any other country's flag altered in this way.....

well i think i have written more than enough and a very few people wil bother to read the whole post...

BUT DO GIVE YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT IT THAT WHAT DO YOU THING ABOUT IT!!

Pakistani flag is very important in our life and it has sentimental value so no one play with it.

I dont like it either. and i think u missed the moon. now a days we see moon similar to the one in turkish flag and others, our moon is different as shown above in the picture. the angle of moon is around 120¤/130¤ i guess. the placement of star is also very important.

is this my animated flag is seems original color?

National Flag Be Given Due Respect!

Do people buy these, though? The Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck flags? I've seen red ones and I've seen severely disproportionate ones. There should definitely be some legal pressure on the printers to standardize the colors and proportions of the flag! And people need to be educated about its importance, and the respect it needs to be given.

I just spit out a post on my blog similar to this. Shameless plug.

people do buy these cartoonized flags thts y the printers print it...

Btw pakistan's name shud b in world records books for having maximum variety of flags..

http://karachi.metblogs.com/2008/08/13/which-country-flags-are-these/

see the second comment

quite valid

the flags on the floor on 15th august show how much respect is given

also the respect for fellow pakistanis shows how valued it is/isnt

At least give the people who buy these flags the credit for, at least on one day, showing some national pride, as opposed to ripping their efforts because they are not in line with your beliefs. The biggest issue with Pakistan is that we are completely unable to come together over petty differences, and this issue just highlights that fact.

Yes, whilst I agree that the flag design should be standardized, I do not believe that people who purchase the mickey mouse variants or any other type, are any less patriotic.

Finally, I would state, that if the average Pakistani could somehow wake up and vest a little more pride with respect to Pakistan, perhaps we could see some real progress (social, environmental, economic) in this country other than the show that we put on every year for 24 hours.

We all need to look into the mirror and ask "What have you done lately for your country?"

edit: Just wanted to add that patriotism should be more than listening to patriotic songs (some of them really are terrible) and plastering our homes with gigantic flags (what happens to those flags post 14/8?). The key to success and the challenge we face is to convert patriotic energy into real, tangible progress. Unfortunately, patriotism in Pakistan right now is only a great way to sell sugary soft-drinks, telecom services and terrible television programs to the unsuspecting masses.

^ Okay, yes I agree with that. BUT if you cannot do a simple thing as have respect for your national flag, what use is your sense of patriotism? Which is, by the by, just for this one day. Nobody has said -- or at least I do not believe -- that anyone is less patriotic for buying a Mickey flag. It's just that even if you are patriotic enough to buy a flag and put it up on your car or your roof, can't you just buy a proper flag? And then when the craze is over, can't you please treat the flag with the proper respect?

If people in our country are so illiterate as to think that a mouse is supposed to be plastered on the flag then that is what regulation is for. But I guess we might as well forget that's ever going to happen so yeah - go right ahead.

I mean come on, aren't the flag and the national anthem one of the (if not the) most basic things with which to show and pay respect to your country? Okay, so bickering over this is petty in light of the current situation Pakistan is in, but... I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe if you have a weak (or no) foundation, how can you (with an illiteracy rate like ours) expect anyone to do something for the country?

I don't know.

My point being that a Flag is a flag, an anthem is an anthem, it is no the end-all be-all definition or penultimate act of patriotism. They are symbols, visual and aural, that denote Pakistan's independence, and not much more.

I think people need to really wake up and think about what they are doing in the name of patriotism and what their actions suggest to the outside world. I particularly hate the fact that they have made M.A. Jinnah into a borderline prophet / super hero in this country. He was a politician, yes, unlike most he accomplished something, but he was neither a saint or was he a revolutionary. Let's stop over stating the value of things and get back to what makes (or did make) Pakistan unique. I don't have the answer, but the unless the conversation starts, we are going to be shooting in the dark till eternity.

Raza wrote:

I particularly hate the fact that they have made M.A. Jinnah into a borderline prophet / super hero in this country. He was a politician, yes, unlike most he accomplished something, but he was neither a saint or was he a revolutionary.

----------

Those are fighting words for any Pakistani. Even the western

historians of any repute would beg to differ on that. Shame,

we are so far removed from our own history.

Stanley Wolpert, historian and biographer writes:

"Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all three."

I would like to see Superman try and do what Quaid-e-Azam

did...

Sheikh 'Are We Worthy of Pakistan ?' Chilli

PS: I would request every Pakistani to spare a few

seconds today and from the comfort of their homes,

send Sorah-e-Fatiyah for the founder of our nation.

i agree with you chilli!

Let's avoid the pedantic comparisons to Superman, but think about how M.A. Jinnah would have wanted Pakistan to be, and our current reality. I think the greatest disrespect we can pay towards a man like the Quaid is to turn him into a meaningless symbol to be resurrected on days of half-hearted patriotism while ignoring his true message and intentions.

Take a hard look at Pakistan today, then take a hard look at what M.A. Jinnah's vision was and try to tell me with a straight face, that they bear more than a slight semblance. Let's stop idolizing the man, after all he, like all of us, was human. Instead let's take a deeper, longer look at his message, because at the end of the day, it was his words and not the mere sight of his face that captured the imagination of millions and led to the creation of Pakistan.

(edited for mistakes)

Raza, I totally agree with what you are trying to say in your posts.

First you ran down Quaid-e-Azam as 'just another politician

who accomplished something'. I take it you meant Pakistan ?.

That of course, when he wasn't being a revolutionary. I

guess wresting a huge chunk of land from the British and the

Hindus wasn't revolutionary enough. Since then, our best

and brightest have only managed to hand over land, back to

the Hindus.

We'll have to ask the 'real' revolutionary leaders from Ireland,

Palestine, Spain, Sri Lanka, Assam, Tibet, Taiwan, etc, etc

what they think of Mohd. Ali Jinnah who led a struggle and

acquired a state for his people, larger in size, than all of the

land they still haven't got, to this day.

Then you say that flags are 'symbols...that denote Pakistan's

independence, and not much more'. That's usually what flags

represent: Independence. And civilized people who are proud

of their countries, fiercely guard their sanctity. If you've been

to the USA, France, Britain and even Brazil or Puerto Rico, you

know how rabidly they promote and zealously guard their heroes

and symbols.

It is doubly sad that 61 years later, at a time when Muslims

in Kashmir are getting shot dead for waving flags and carrying

Jinnah's pic in their struggle for independence, some of us in

Jinnah's Pakistan have apparently yet to grasp the significance

of symbols, travails of struggle, and value of independence.

And all this comedy now about Jinnah's message and how we

have corrupted/come up short is inconsequential, when you

first run down the man, his struggle and the fruits of his labor.

Sheikh 'Green Passport Waaley' Chilli

I think you are missing my point, which is simply that when you start obsessing about details such as the flag and the individual (the medium) you miss the point of it all (the message). I liken the debate over the flags to the ridiculous debate over 'freedom fries' in the United States.

As far as you may be saddened by my apparently 'comedic' interest in the state of the Pakistani nation, I believe there is nothing more patriotic other than to continually question where we are, in relation to where the original vision wanted us to be.

And yes, I still stand by the statement that M.A. Jinnah was a regular human being, not a God or a prophet. He was a politician, a great politician, but thats what he was. No amount of accolades, or acknowledgement from the 'west' is going to change that.

Not wanting this discussion to disintegrate into a argument, I'll let things be by stating that I am more than happy to agree to disagree. Only good can come of intelligent, civil discourse, and I look forward to more of it around here.