All ptcl users ,please help

ALLAH may help you,

i have some speed problem which i think relates to port.for this i need help from some ptcl users who get more than normal speed. i mean those guys who have i mb but get 2 mb around or have 2 mb connection but getting speed of 3 mb etc. i request such friends to post router page image which read down stream and upstream. if not possible just tell me connection.DS/US and speed in hand.

regards

If you have 1MB connection and getting speed accordingly then that should be enough, for those who are getting more then what they are paying for is a mere mistake on PTCL's end and it can't be achieved at user's end and will eventually be corrected by PTCL.

[quote=“Faisal, post:2, topic:14943”]

If you have 1MB connection and getting speed accordingly then that should be enough, for those who are getting more then what they are paying for is a mere mistake on PTCL’s end and it can’t be achieved at user’s end and will eventually be corrected by PTCL.

[/quote]

actually i was interested to know what would be the US/DS reading on router page.if it show 3 mb instead of granted 2mb.Or showing 2 Mb but getting 3Mb.

Well my experience tells me that If your opted for 2MB and getting 3MB PROVIDED that the sync rate is 3MB or higher also then clrearly a mistake at PTCL's end.

But I don't think its possible if you've opted for 2MB and have the sync rate of ~2MB in router's page and getting 3 or 4 or higher then 2MB.

Its possible that, lets just say if you have 4MB package and the synce rate of 10MB in router's page, what will happen is that you will get 490 to 510KBytes/sec stable speeds (not the speeds which u check from download managers or direct downloads which actually is burst speed and cannot be labeled as stable speed) provided your line stats are very good or near perfect. but you will never cross 4MB in any case unless you opt for 6MB or higher.

Like I have 4MB with sync rate of 4605 D/1244U on router's page and very good line stats so I get 420KB to 460KB STABLE down speeds and 85 to 115KB up speeds on torrents.

My previous 4MB with bit poor line stats had 4096/1024 so it yielded 400/65 KB on torrents.

So having higher sync rates and good line stats will ensure that you will get maximum out of your opted package BUT you can't cross it any case. PTCL has made sure of that.

you wrote

Like I have 4MB with sync rate of 4605 D/1244U on router's page and very good line stats so I get 420KB to 460KB STABLE down speeds and 85 to 115KB up speeds on torrents.

My previous 4MB with bit poor line stats had 4096/1024 so it yielded 400/65 KB on torrents.

So having higher sync rates and good line stats will ensure that you will get maximum out of your opted package BUT you can't cross it any case. PTCL has made sure of that.

i ask you how you improve sync rate and more importantly the line stats.if they replaced the wire with no joints.

but still i am wondering if someone gets 3Mb on 2Mb.its all port involvement.at that very time what router page shows DS andUS

You can ask PTCL to improve the sync rate and line conditions but its not possible to have 3MB speeds on a 2MB package because your port speed needs to be at 3MB for that.... and you can't do this yourself or ask PTCL for this. Even if you point out somebody who's having such phenomena to PTCL do the same for you, they will simply fix that other person's port speeds according to his/her opted package.

I think it should be clear now.:)

[quote=“Faisal, post:6, topic:14943”]

You can ask PTCL to improve the sync rate and line conditions but its not possible to have 3MB speeds on a 2MB package because your port speed needs to be at 3MB for that… and you can’t do this yourself or ask PTCL for this. Even if you point out somebody who’s having such phenomena to PTCL do the same for you, they will simply fix that other person’s port speeds according to his/her opted package.

I think it should be clear now.:)

[/quote]

thanks.please tell me how can i know my port is replaced.because for last 2 months i have spped issue.the maximum i get on http://download.dsl.net.pk/ through idm is 190kbs and sometimes as low as 30 .my exchange dsl staff assure me that they have mailed concerned department to change my port but i am still on same sync as two months back .if new port would carry new sync rate.please guide me.

Line Downstream Rate 2048 Line Upstream Rate 512

Latency Type Interleave Line Coding Trellis On

Noise Margin 30.7 Line Attenuation 40.0

Output power 12.5 Attainable Line Rate 5984

Line Up Count 2 Status No Defect

More Information …

If they change the sync rate then It will show on router's page, like its showing 2048 for now.

What sync rate did you ask em for? If they do change the sync rate (which I highly doubt because 2048 is already standard to them) they won't increase it more then 21xx or 22xx at max. your line stats are good with Attn. level bit high. so will be getting 210~ 220KB cause the max theoretical is 256KB which not practical to achieve anyway.

Honestly, to me what u r getting at the moment is fine considering all things and you shouldn't worry that much. What speed do you get on a well seeded torrent on average?

[quote=“Faisal, post:8, topic:14943”]

If they change the sync rate then It will show on router’s page, like its showing 2048 for now.

What sync rate did you ask em for? If they do change the sync rate (which I highly doubt because 2048 is already standard to them) they won’t increase it more then 21xx or 22xx at max. your line stats are good with Attn. level bit high. so will be getting 210~ 220KB cause the max theoretical is 256KB which not practical to achieve anyway.

Honestly, to me what u r getting at the moment is fine considering all things and you shouldn’t worry that much. What speed do you get on a well seeded torrent on average?

[/quote]

i am sorry i dont go to torrents.actually my speed after 3pm goes down and at 7 o clock it only download at 30kbs.i am worried about heavy load shedding hours. i wonder you people also face this drastic fluctuations.

The only downloading that I know is torrenting .... Yes we are facing power outages like you are. I think you should keep on contacting PTCL for your issue. If they don't listen, contact PTA. having 2MB connection and getting 190 to 200 KB speed is not a problem but having 30KB is.

So keep contacing PTCL ( via help line and personally going to exchange ). after a week or so if they don't listen, contact PTA by filling this form. Here

[quote=“Faisal, post:10, topic:14943”]

The only downloading that I know is torrenting … Yes we are facing power outages like you are. I think you should keep on contacting PTCL for your issue. If they don’t listen, contact PTA. having 2MB connection and getting 190 to 200 KB speed is not a problem but having 30KB is.

So keep contacing PTCL ( via help line and personally going to exchange ). after a week or so if they don’t listen, contact PTA by filling this form. Here

[/quote]

ALLAH may bless you

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39036157/Asal-Deen-Aur-Hamara-Deen-urdu