Alfalah Cards are No Longer Free Forever

Today I received my monthly Bank Alfalah CC Statement and found that they have increased the monthly SMS Alert subscription fee. I went online to their website to check the Schedule of Charges and was shocked to know that they have included Annual and Renewal fees for all their cards in the Schedule of Charges applicable from Feb, 2011. I called their helpline to confirm this but the customer support executive refused to comment or give a clear guidance on this issue. I asked him that its there in the charges document it means that you will charge it he replied "Sir we have not yet charged you these fees, we will notify you when we will charge it". I asked him to clarify me on this issue as these fees were not there last year and now suddenly they have included it in their SOC document but he refused to comment or deny it.

New schedule of charges can be viewed at the following link:

http://www.bankalfalah.com/creditcards/sch_charges.asp

Aah - I am going to return my Alfalah Card.

I wish CJP take suo moto action for robbing the customers with false claims.

Bank should inform prior to charge any fees which was free. All banks are here in Pakistan for earn by hook or crook, so, dont expect good from them.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I wish CJP take suo moto action for robbing the customers with false claims.

[/quote]

hmm… you are asking robber to catch fellow robber… strange

ab aik CJP kia kia kere bhayya, :P

Bank should inform prior to charge any fees which was free. All banks are here in Pakistan for earn by hook or crook, so, dont expect good from them.
[/quote]

have you ever tried to read the long list of terms and conditions which can only be read using a high power magnifying glass. There is one clause which is present in each and every banks terms

"Bank reserves the right to change schedule of charges at any time without prior notice"

Also, how come its free when you have to Pay 100 Rs per Session. What the heck?

have you ever tried to read the long list of terms and conditions which can only be read using a high power magnifying glass. There is one clause which is present in each and every banks terms

"Bank reserves the right to change schedule of charges at any time without prior notice"

Also, how come its free when you have to Pay 100 Rs per Session. What the heck?

[/quote]

But they are still advertising their cards as “free forever”

i canceled my card :P , because its sure that they are gonna charge annual fee sooner or later.