Alfa 1kv Ups

Almost new about 8 months out of 10 months full warranty left. Upgraded to another one. Location ISB. Galaxy price is 8500. My final price Rs. 6700. let me know if interested

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Almost new about 8 months out of 10 months full warranty left. Upgraded to another one. Location ISB. Galaxy price is 8500. My final price Rs. 6700. let me know if interested
[/quote]

i am interested tell me 1 thing how much can this UPS last on a 350 watt computer

can it go one hour?

And how much is its charging time?

and cud u also tell me the model number

http://www.alfadigital.com.tw/Products.aspx?Id=d&PId=21 its this model. website says it can go 30 min. my pc with dsl modem attached and 17 inch lcd monitor dual core with 2 hard drives etc goes roughly 20 min on a full charge which the website says takes 5 hours or so. just because your computer has a 350 watt power supply doesnt mean you will be using all 350 watts .. depending what your setup is and if your cd/dvd drive is spinning or not etc.

Guess honest assessment would be 15-20 minutes run-time on a 5 hour charge. plenty of time to save your work and shut down or finish chatting or turn on your generator. but it all depends on your setup

http://www.alfadigital.com.tw/Products.aspx?Id=d&PId=21 its this model. website says it can go 30 min. my pc with dsl modem attached and 17 inch lcd monitor dual core with 2 hard drives etc goes roughly 20 min on a full charge which the website says takes 5 hours or so. just because your computer has a 350 watt power supply doesnt mean you will be using all 350 watts … depending what your setup is and if your cd/dvd drive is spinning or not etc.

Guess honest assessment would be 15-20 minutes run-time on a 5 hour charge. plenty of time to save your work and shut down or finish chatting or turn on your generator. but it all depends on your setup

[/quote]

sorry man i dont want a UPS to shut down my computer rather i want it to run it for an hour during load sheding hours

ya, you'll need a much more expensive UPS then cheapest being around Rs.14,000 I believe

ya, you’ll need a much more expensive UPS then cheapest being around Rs.14,000 I believe
[/quote]

what if i run a router and modem only on it how long will it last then

if ti can last an hour then i maybe intrested again

nah.. at the MOST 30 minutes you could possibly squeeze out of it on a totally full charge, but with power going out so often these days you dont get enough time to fully recharge it anyway... you can always add more batteries to it though i read to extend the time.. i'm not sure technically how thats done but lots of people do it.. I dont think these UPS's were designed ever to be used 6 times a day so often as we are facing quite a unique situation now adays. I think if you add an extra battery could get 45 minutes reasonably each time load shedding occurs, at least 40 min.

This ups seems just to use for proper shutdown if loadshading or give little time to start generator not for full time working.

I think 20 minutes is quite a lot. Regular shut down UPS's last for like 3 minutes or so. 20 minutes gives you enough time to keep on working on what you were using. Well.. you get what you pay for anyway

i think i understand what ruhaan is saying, the thing is he is a big downloader and he wanna continue the downloading during one hour loadshedding.

i also wanna something like large ups which can last atleast one hour.

i think i understand what ruhaan is saying, the thing is he is a big downloader and he wanna continue the downloading during one hour loadshedding.

i also wanna something like large ups which can last atleast one hour.

[/quote]

yep it gets frustatin especially with torrents when i have to connect with the peers all over again

and over dial up since the latency is high i have to wait a long time to connect

If you want you can buy a small car battery and get an electrician to hook it up to this UPS. That would easily jack the power to last an hour if not 3 hours. Of course that would void the warranty but then again if you want power and want it to last long it would be the best course of action. Just get the smallest battery you can find, a 50ah one shouldnt cost much and connect it to the ups

anyone at all no offers even?

well here i come!

my ups the alfa i think its 600 va or 380 w lasts 6 minutes until double beep. its like4 or 5 months old. bought for 3900R.s

so i have connected 1 shiro , speakers 75w, monitor 17 inch (killer on ups) 85w (i think more!) and cpu with 300w supply.

i am sure it will last 20 min with even a 19inch ws lcd!... i have opened it up for better cooling cuz it gets hot. if you wanna see pictures then i am most happy. it has battery of 12.something ah.

as he says and i am also interested that if i add one more car battery ,who knows how i will do it but only thing i wanna know is will it work? wouldn't it burn my ups?

and of course it will take long to recharge plus the wear and tear on non sealed acid battery is more fyi.

oh yes i know i am lazy.. cant even go and look at it :D

it works a friend of mine did it.. nothing happens to the battery.. cars crank batteries up all the time puts a huge load on it all at once.. with the usage like this for a computer nothing will happen will last 2 years even. could use a sealed or non sealed battery. just pay some electrician in some of those shacks they know how to do it pretty good voids warranty though without a doubt

well i have seen alot of websites of how to do it and not etc etc... you are wrong. car batteries don't discharge and charge fully after every 2 or 3 hours.. so they will be finished in like 3 ,4 months.. whereas in cars they go for like 2 years...

if a battery died in 3/4 months then no one would use a UPS. If a regular cheap tiny battery in a regular small tiny computer ups lasts 2 years sometimes, cell phone batteries 4 years, laptop batteries 5 years... then relax a CAR battery being used to power appliances will last much longer than in a car where it is exposed to high temperatures and rough conditions. And who says you draining it complately? Get big enough capacity it can last 6 hours even on single charge, whereas power only goes out for one hour... Plus your trickle charging it slowly like a cell phone battery instead of those big DESI ups chargers which suck electricity like hell and get really hot charging a UPS. but its fair to say battery used in car goes through much more hard ship!

sealed acid batteries last much longer than non sealed... and thats a fact:).

i was talking about batteries in general. i only used sealed ones.. car, ups, watever. world over they are referred to maintainence free batteries

htz8dk.jpg

rmp43q.jpg