ALERT: Bank Notes (New Series) [5 Rs and 50 RS Notes]

SBP issues new notes of Rs 5 and 50 denominations

KARACHI: State Bank of Pakistan has issued new currency notes of Rs 5 and Rs 50 denominations and in result all currency notes now can be read through machine.

Issuing the new notes, Governor State Bank Dr Shamshad Akhtar told that picture of Gwader has been printed on the five-rupee note and K-2 mountain on the 50-rupee note.

She said that like other new notes these notes also cannot be scanned or copied whereas to make fraud impossible thin writing, security thread and transparent digitshave been made the parts of the notes.

The SBP President further told that the coins of Rs five denomination would be in circulation while the five-rupee note which was cancelled in 2005 cannot be used.

--------------------

For note shape and security features visit

http://www.sbp.org.pk/BankNotes/banknotes.htm

---------------------

i went to bank the other day and saw the pictures of the notes,,reminds of brazilian currency,

the notes have not arrived in the bank though and it will take some time for them to circulate

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i went to bank the other day and saw the pictures of the notes,reminds of brazilian currency,

the notes have not arrived in the bank though and it will take some time for them to circulate

[/quote]

but i just got the new notes bundle yesterday as my dad is a banker .

after watching the notes seriously its looks like special 5 rs note looks like " the old eid mubarik fake notes" .

" jo kisi zamnye main lachye :P kay ander hotye thye "

basically they are copying European currency, and in pakistan people are not much literate they really going to face many issues to differentiate between original note and fake one

Just use an ultraviolet light to determine the validity of the currency.

Why dont they use polymer banknotes ? Paper currency is old, isnt durable, doesnt have many security features... wasnt that the reason they switched to coins in the first place ? + Polymer banknotes are hard to copy, dont get wet or worn off.. and look awsome :/.. i have some australian dollars and i keep em just for the feeling. I hope this time they;ve used some decent color scheme..:$.. i am pretty sick of these dull looking schemes they use..whts wrong with being a little colorful ? :$

I wonder if we'll need 5rs note in the future going by the rate of rise in inflation :/ .. Anyways, I didn't like to keep coins in my wallet so that's better.

Why dont they use polymer banknotes ? Paper currency is old, isnt durable, doesnt have many security features
[/quote]

I heard bangladesh and sri lanka have some polymer banknotes in circulation :o . It'd cool if Pakistan would adopt these banknotes. It's really annoying handling the fragile paper notes - especially the old ones. At least the notes with the most circulation should be converted, such as 10, 20, 50, 100. Even 500 and 1000 have enough circulation but it's less when compared to the lower denominations due to the sheer size of the population using them.

what a childish this government is, they can't even decide what type of currency to have everyday one wakes up there is new currency is printed, what is this some kindergarten drawing exam. this is the only country with 2 different types of new bills floating around printed just in one year, then before 20 rupees and 5000 rupees looked the same and so many people mistook it 5 thou for 20 rupees. there are other damn thing to worry about than redesigning notes, what ab idiots

man..never mind bank notes, we should have a bank debit card built into our cell phones..go to the supermarket and just give the cashier your cell phone to scan,,just like in japan..

man…never mind bank notes, we should have a bank debit card built into our cell phones…go to the supermarket and just give the cashier your cell phone to scan,just like in japan…
[/quote]

what about the credit card fraud?

I am sure many of you must have seen Malaysian currency notes. They are AWESOME!!!!!!

Just use an ultraviolet light to determine the validity of the currency.
[/quote]

i saw a local shopkeeper using today this hi tech device reading the 5K Rs note that i handed him over, lol i didn’t know you could verify the notes with ultra violet but then i saw this bluish ultra violet? tube in the device and that was all about it, so i got how the machine worked :P

he said the device cost him 180 rs :D so u guys can buy it if you’ve got lots of 5K rs currency notes j/k

i saw a local shopkeeper using today this hi tech device reading the 5K Rs note that i handed him over, lol i didn’t know you could verify the notes with ultra violet but then i saw this bluish ultra violet? tube in the device and that was all about it, so i got how the machine worked :P

he said the device cost him 180 rs :D so u guys can buy it if you’ve got lots of 5K rs currency notes j/k

[/quote]

Yeah, it’s pretty cheap. If you want to go cheaper, just get a UV LED and attach it to a switch and cells in series.

It’s not really high tech, and copying should be possible on fake notes (dunno how difficult that might be) but if it satisfies people, hey, who am I to complain? Just another feature to prevent fake currency, so I am all for it. There are strips on the right side of the note when you look at it under UV light.

info on japan and their use of mobile phones as credit cards

http://www.govtech.com/gt/articles/99325

++++++++++++++++++++++

saad..although fraud will be their but their are ways to circumvent that..for example read this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS153690+05-Mar-2008+BW20080305

++++++++++++++++++++

by the way just got the 50 rs note,,it is 25% smaller then our old note...the colors are purple and a little wierd..

What exactly is wrong with our governments. First they cancelled 5 Rs notes causing many people to loose money (the ones who couldn't change to coins in time), and now they are introducing the note again.

and i hope this 5rs note will be changed in a month or too coz the note looks like a 10rs note if not seen carefully so many people can be mistaken just like with 20 and 5000 note.

the note is introduced again bcoz loog shadion aur mujron par note luta sakay j/k :P

For note shape and security features visit

http://www.sbp.org.pk/BankNotes/banknotes.htm

---------------------

[/quote]

Ooh animated gifs flashing “new” . So 90’s :P

Ooh animated gifs flashing “new” . So 90’s :P

[/quote]

yeah i noticed that too, web designing is not just about bieng able to know flash, html etc, it need artistic imagination, creativity and imagination. most of the gov websites are designed by chichorey gulshan and fedreal b areas types, where they just getting diplomas from so called two bit computer institutes which are open in every street corner and apartment in their slum areas. thats why they lack the artistic touch.

you need people like Raza (the randomosity guy) to have websites desinged. this guys got some awesome portfolio of web desinging work.

yeah i noticed that too, web designing is not just about bieng able to know flash, html etc, it need artistic imagination, creativity and imagination. most of the gov websites are designed by chichorey gulshan and fedreal b areas types, where they just getting diplomas from so called two bit computer institutes which are open in every street corner and apartment in their slum areas. thats why they lack the artistic touch.

[/quote]

How snobby! I live in gulshan and I know a thing or two about designing sites.

I wonder if we’ll need 5rs note in the future going by the rate of rise in inflation :confused: … Anyways, I didn’t like to keep coins in my wallet so that’s better.

I heard bangladesh and sri lanka have some polymer banknotes in circulation :o . It’d cool if Pakistan would adopt these banknotes. It’s really annoying handling the fragile paper notes - especially the old ones. At least the notes with the most circulation should be converted, such as 10, 20, 50, 100. Even 500 and 1000 have enough circulation but it’s less when compared to the lower denominations due to the sheer size of the population using them.

[/quote]

Sri lanka has this cool 200 rupee note made with plasticky material and with a window in it.

http://www.banknotes.com/lk114.htm

sri lanka has cool currency, that really looks like it could be worth having in your pocket,,

by the way just saw the 5 rs notes and it is wierd,,,the back is like purple ,,whats up with that..