Alcatel-Lucent wins Pakistan broadband deal

Alcatel-Lucent has signed a multi-year agreement with Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd (PTCL), Pakistan's largest telecommunications company, to deliver high-speed broadband services throughout Pakistan.

France-based Alcatel-Lucent will deploy 100,000 IP DSLAM lines throughout the country through PTCL's national initiative Broadband Pakistan, which offers DSL services to customers who have the option of subscribing to volume-based (256Kbps, 512Kbps) or unlimited access (1Mbps) packages.

The project will be supported by network element management tools that include provisioning, fault management, and disaster recovery. Alcatel-Lucent will also provide network integration services including project management, application/software integration, installation, deployment, and testing.

The company will provide its 7302 application, a part of the ISAM (Intelligent Services Access Manager) product family, and 5523 ADSL Workstation (AWS) for network element management. It said its ISAM product portfolio leads the DSLAM market with a market share of 41%, with 80% of the top 20 DSLAM operators in the world deploying this product.

"This agreement with PTCL demonstrates our strong commitment to support them in delivering innovative multimedia and internet services as broadband further develops in this country," said Frederic Rose, president of Europe, Africa, and Asia at Alcatel-Lucent.

Source:

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=7DCD4CC8-46B1-465A-84E9-2DC129DCB440

Hope they will extend their services to villages also.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The correct spelling is NICE.

[/quote]

Perhaps he was speaking in British accent. ;)

Alcatel-Lucent has signed a multi-year agreement with Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd (PTCL), Pakistan’s largest telecommunications company, to deliver high-speed broadband services throughout Pakistan.
[/quote]

I don’t know when ‘throughout Pakistan’ will include smaller cities like Mianwali.

"which offers DSL services to customers who have the option of subscribing to volume-based (256Kbps, 512Kbps) or unlimited access (1Mbps) packages."

Aww man .... what the hell?

again 256k bullshit?

I don’t know when ‘throughout Pakistan’ will include smaller cities like Mianwali.
[/quote]

LOL… Mainwali??

I say Naice -_-

256 kbps is a blessing too.

@HussanAli and NonyaBiz: Cut the bickering and stay on topic.

@HussanAli and NonyaBiz: Cut the bickering and stay on topic.
[/quote]

Ok sir! :D

Btw, whats wrong with noice? you deleted my post??

LOL… Mainwali??

[/quote]

Why, yes, it’s my city.

And to surprise you further, I still use 56K dial-up internet which is so crappy it remains down most of the time. ;)

Sure, sure, you can laugh at me all you want, but I can live with the fact that I was born in a middle-class family, in an underprivileged city of a third world country. None of that shames me in the least, because it doesn’t change who I am and what I’m capable of doing as a unique individual. :)

LOL… Mainwali??

[/quote]

kyoun bhai…kia hua mianwali ko??

ITs my native town …whats that LOL factor there?

Why, yes, it’s my city.

And to surprise you further, I still use 56K dial-up internet which is so crappy it remains down most of the time. ;)

Sure, sure, you can laugh at me all you want, but I can live with the fact that I was born in a middle-class family, in an underprivileged city of a third world country. None of that shames me in the least, because it doesn’t change who I am and what I’m capable of doing as a unique individual. :)

[/quote]

@spector there’s nothing for which u should be ashamed of …BE PROUD

@ specter and kash99048

What i meant was that your talking abt mainwali, when major cities like karachi, lhr, isb/rwp r still not even halfway covered by these God damn ISPs. (here the word 'major' is just meaningless word to be honest, its just that these names are common when we consider the name 'pakistan', just like newyork or london in case of US or UK).

It has nothing to do with you belonging to a middle class family(I belong to middle class family myself), or your city being backward or underprivileged (trust me my city isn't so different from yours in terms of being underprivileged).

Can i laugh here again ??? :D

^^ don't laugh but .........................try not to hurt any one here because we all here don't know each other's "BARDASHT and EGO levels"

i ur opinion u may not be hurting some one but the other person may think of the other way..............................................u can see same was the case here

CHILL ..............:)

@ specter and kash99048

What i meant was that your talking abt mainwali, when major cities like karachi, lhr, isb/rwp r still not even halfway covered by these God damn ISPs. (here the word ‘major’ is just meaningless word to be honest, its just that these names are common when we consider the name ‘pakistan’, just like newyork or london in case of US or UK).

It has nothing to do with you belonging to a middle class family(I belong to middle class family myself), or your city being backward or underprivileged (trust me my city isn’t so different from yours in terms of being underprivileged).

Can i laugh here again ??? :D

[/quote]

hehe… in which case I am sorry for being so bloody melodramatic. :P

hehe… in which case I am sorry for being so bloody . :P
[/quote]

No,you were not melodramatic, you were absolutely right… but your fellow citizen is still acting weird though :D

No,you were not melodramatic, you were absolutely right… but your fellow citizen is still acting weird though :D

[/quote]

no yar…i am not acting or being weird …i am cool

wow... its all getting luvy-dubby around here... How about you all just kiss and makeup and get back to the topic ... eh?