Alas! Babu Baral Died!

Stage/ TV star Babu Baral died last evening.

He was the all-in-one package of entertainment.

May Allah bless him peace and jannah.

May Allah bless him jannah. Because that man whole his life has spread happiness,smiles,laughs in people.

I have never watched his plays, but I have seen a

couple of his interviews on TV and he appeared to

be the opposite of what comes to mind when you

think of a stage performer these days. Soft-spoken,

mild-mannered, smart and gracious.

There are several famous stories attributed to him,

one of which is how he got the news of his mother's

death, just before he was about to go on stage. He

went on and none could be the wiser, sitting in the

audience.

I hope he find eternal peace up there.

Sheikh 'Bhindi Pakani Ay...' Chilli

A great comedian died and its a loss to society and especially to the Pakistani commercial theatre . He was one of the best Punjabi stage actors and comedian. In shorty he knew how to entertain the audience.

Mastana belonged to Gujranwala. Before joining the field of theatre, he was an embroiderer. In 70s he started doing theatre in Gujranwala. He did his first play in Lahore at the Open Air Theatre, Bagh-i-Jinnah, entitled ‘Visa Passport’.

He was a student of late TV actor Fakhari Ahmed. Mastana’s popular stage plays include Shartiya Mithay, Kotha, (written and directed by Mastana himself), Ashiqo Gham Na Kero, Bashira in Trouble and Shabash Begum.

His on-stage pair with comedian Baboo Baral was an instant hit. Baral is also bedridden and being treated at Jinnah Hospital in Lahore.

Mastana’s commercial theatre career spans over more than 30 years.

According to late artiste’s close friends, he left theatre in 2004-5 after an ugly incident at Naz Theatre where during a crackdown on racy dances a policeman slapped Mastana in public. The incident left the sensitive artiste disheartened.

After the incident, Mastana had a transformation, and he started visiting various shrines, leaving theatre for good.

His stage colleagues included Sheeba Hasan, Bindiya, Irfan Khusat, Khalid Abbas Dar, Baboo Baral, Ashraf Rahi, Amanullah, Waseem Abbas, Suhail Ahmed and Jawad Waseem.

During his illness, his family had appealed to the prime minister and the Punjab chief minister for financial aid but in vain.

Besides stage Mastana also performed in some PTV plays such as Shab Daig and Uncle Kiun. Ashraf Rahi, a colleague and childhood friend of the late comedian, said Mastana had an individual style and was a trendsetter in commercial theatre.

Just come to know that his colleague MASTANA has also dies last week... I have seen many plays live and recorded, they were great pair. the great memory "Kotha" (written and directed by Mastana himself),

Liaqat Soldier died on the Pak-Inia Semi as well. Is our nation on a comedian deaths spree?

Inn'a Lillah wa Inia rageion.

He was great actor and a great man, May his soul rest in Jannat! Ameen. I just came to know that his funeral was held at "Shah Fareed Darbar" near my house, its sad i couldn't make it there. :(

May his soul rest in piece. I love artists and everybody should

3 comedians passed away in short span of time :(

Ina Lilahae Wa Ina Ilehe Rajeoon

May Allah give Them Jannah Ameen

Moin Akhter died...

Comedians leaving...He is 4th in short span...

No Gas, No Electircity and now no entertainment...

Damn thats like top comedians. I'll keep a watch on Omer Sharif's health now, cuz he lives next to my place. Even he is not in good health these daiz I have noticed, May Allah bring mercy upon all the entertainers of Pakistan.

Listen what he wanted to say:

Babu Baral's Last Words Before Death!

Dear law makers I wish you same death.

And Azizi also explained this problem:

Babu Baral and Mastana's death, Sohail Ahmed ( Hasb e Haal ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVawjg23mI&NR=1

really sad, he was a good comedian

and today our great actor jameel fakhri also died plz

plz pray fatiha to both of them and don't forget moin akhter

rest in peace one of the greats :(