Akash 2 - The real iPad killer with ICS 4.0

Remember the world's cheapest $40 Akash Tablet? Well forget about it, here is the new Akash 2 - also for $40 with:

Cortex A8- 700MHz Processor

7" Capacitive touch screen

256MB Ram - 2GB Internal Memory (SD card upto 32GB)

Android ICS 4.0

wait..... what???? ICS on this machine? not possible :o

well apparently the manufacturer Datawind UK found a way to install the latest version of Android on world's cheapest tablet :D That's gonna huge if its really true. Lets wait a couple of weeks then for the truth because if Akash 2 can run ICS? then why not all the low end android devices?

Read more about Akash 2 and related stories here.

I'll wait until I see an independent review (preferably by some renowned Western tech company) with video on YouTube.

[quote=“wampyr, post:2, topic:16935”]

I’ll wait until I see an independent review (preferably by some renowned Western tech company) with video on YouTube.

[/quote]

totally agree i got zero faith on MZC associated blogs ie propakistan.com and itnama.com. in the past their reviews are more like adverstiments with false info hence no integrity and credibility to speak of.

i can back my above stance for example with one of their review/interview of ufone android handsets by propakistan.com, where as a independent tech blog interviewer should have asked interogative questions from ufone interviewee,

- for example the the so called locked 3G android smart phone ufone is offering to the public (aur us kay gun ga rahe ho), so does the ufone network can support 3G?

- or should have asked question like how could you offer 3G phones to the public and your network can’t even provide obsolete GPRS trouble free?

- or maybe question like why you are offering locked phones to ufone network at full retail cost of same phone which is selling unlocked around the world?

- but they asked none of the above… more like propakistan.com ad agency working for ufone… total bias.

No I wont even wait for reviews. ICS on a 256mb ram and a an a8 proc, its a simple no go. Less money is not everything, you are giving them the latest software, you should give them hardware to be able to use it too!

here is the source :)

http://blog.gsmarena.com/aakash-2-tablet-to-get-ice-cream-sandwich-update/

By the way, "ye aik sazish hay iPad k khilaf aur ye sab America karwa rha hay :D"

lol ... haan waysay yay america ka kasoor hai ..

Kome on guys MZC network (aka pro Pakistan) is an award winning & leading Blogging Network in Pakistan they have reviewed so many expensive gadgets on internet before those even launched to consumer markets hope this ICS cheap tablet will also be seen first in hand of MZC networks :D

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:3, topic:16935”]

totally agree i got zero faith on MZC associated blogs ie propakistan.com and itnama.com. in the past their reviews are more like adverstiments with false info hence no integrity and credibility to speak of.

i can back my above stance for example with one of their review/interview of ufone android handsets by propakistan.com, where as a independent tech blog interviewer should have asked interogative questions from ufone interviewee,

- for example the the so called locked 3G android smart phone ufone is offering to the public (aur us kay gun ga rahe ho), so does the ufone network can support 3G?

- or should have asked question like how could you offer 3G phones to the public and your network can’t even provide obsolete GPRS trouble free?

- or maybe question like why you are offering locked phones to ufone network at full retail cost of same phone which is selling unlocked around the world?

- but they asked none of the above… more like propakistan.com ad agency working for ufone… total bias.

[/quote]

kamran1x1, i am glad at least you can spell my name correct, anyway let me answer, okay first of all the blog i am “associated” is ProPakistani not ProPakistan (Those are some other guys) Second ITNama is not ProPakistani’s project, ITNama’s team consists of Me, my pals and bloggers from TelecomPK, Apnatime (More Magazine) etc . okay now about the video of this bald guy from ufone, i didn’t interviewed him neither did i wrote that review. If you have something against ProPakistani or if you just hate my ITNama project, Start a new thread don’t trash this thread. I hope i made my self clear to you?

[quote=“armada, post:, topic:”]
Kome on guys MZC network is an award winning & leading Blogging Network in Pakistan also they have reviewed so many expensive gadgets on internet before those even launch to consumer markets hope this ICS cheap tablet will also be seen first in hand of MZC networks :D
[/quote]

LOL, Here is my guy! At least someone knows ITNama has won an Award :), let me call Indian Minister of IT Mr. Sibal so he can get me this Aakash 2 :P

Kamran1x1, don't trash MZC's thread. He has complained numerous times about it. He also wishes that you take your "investigative reports" about ProPakistani and ITNama to some other thread and leave this thread for discussions relating to this crappy Indian tablet only. You seem to be relapsing into your old habits so take a chill pill.

MZC, grow a thicker skin.

@Asad

where's the dislike button?

I bet this moran (1x1) will get 100s of dislikes daily for his bad language

^ It was disabled due to abuse.

@ASAD

- ASAD remember he is the same guy who was publicizing propakistani and his own forum at WP and which lead to big fight with whole WP admin team.

- I concurred with member "wampyres" concern that he'll wait for legitimate review from respectable western source.

- "wampyre"'s post reminded me MZC propakistani content of the past which I referenced.............. As an independent tech blog propakistani should be looking out for the benefit of their readers and not the UFONE, i correctly pointed out the interview which had zero interrogative questions to UFONE rep, and the whole thing looked more like UFONE infomercial. and posted it with proof.

- ASAD i accept i sometimes make monkey out of myself, but this time there is no such thing i have posted my post in this thread with proof for everyone to see. so i am not the bad guy in this thread.

[quote=“ZXCVB, post:10, topic:16935”]

@Asad

where’s the dislike button?

I bet this moran (1x1) will get 100s of dislikes daily for his bad language

[/quote]

Love has no hate

a Facebook policy

[quote=“Asad, post:9, topic:16935”]

Kamran1x1, don’t trash MZC’s thread. He has complained numerous times about it. He also wishes that you take your “investigative reports” about ProPakistani and ITNama to some other thread and leave this thread for discussions relating to this crappy Indian tablet only. You seem to be relapsing into your old habits so take a chill pill.

MZC, grow a thicker skin.

[/quote]

Well i know that you hate ProPakistani.PK and everybody associated with it, that’s fine, but that hatred shouldn’t give freedom to regular trolls like 1x1, BTW because of that Crappy tablet India has made a very positive image of the country all over the world.

اور ہم ہیں کہ صرف “ہوائی جہاز” ہی اڑاتے پھرتے ہیں۔

[quote=", post:14, topic:16935"]

Well i know that you hate ProPakistani.PK and everybody associated with it, that’s fine, but that hatred shouldn’t give freedom to regular trolls like 1x1, BTW because of that Crappy tablet India has made a very positive image of the country all over the world.

اور ہم ہیں کہ صرف “ہوائی جہاز” ہی اڑاتے پھرتے ہیں۔

[/quote]

so called 1x1 never shamelessly advertised his own tech forum in competitors tech forum,

its like i walk into McDonalds and start advertising Hardees, then what should i expect gold medal for it??? McDonalds guys would throw my a-ss out the door with big kick in the butt…

you should be thankful that admin team of WP is nice and tolerant enough that you are still here…

note: i will not contribute further is this thread since i have made my point very clear, i am out of this Akash thread, namaste and dhenewar.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:15, topic:16935”]

so called 1x1 never shamelessly advertised his own tech forum in competitors tech forum,

its like i walk into McDonalds and start advertising Hardees, then what should i expect gold medal for it??? McDonalds guys would throw my a-ss out the door with big kick in the butt…

[/quote]

Well according to rules set by the Administrator of WP, i can advertise my product/website/myself in a thread and in my signature, now what the hell is your problem? when mods haven’t any? Is your dad beating you up again?

seriously get a pan and chill man!

Seriously, i cringe every time i hear the phrase iPad killer. Nothing on the face of this earth is going to kill the iPad!

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:17, topic:16935”]

Seriously, i cringe every time i hear the phrase iPad killer. Nothing on the face of this earth is going to kill the iPad!

[/quote]

That’s just a punch line, a strong one.

maine tu pahlay hi kaha thaa "Ye sab America Karwa raha hay"

Keep fighting on their achievement :)

[quote=“nvd650, post:19, topic:16935”]

maine tu pahlay hi kaha thaa “Ye sab America Karwa raha hay”

Keep fighting on their achievement :)

[/quote]

Oye ainu ve lamyaan paa lawo :P