AirTel dish alignment

Hi all,

Can anyone help me aligning an AirTel dish? Which direction should I point it at?

I know I can pay the local cable operator 500 rs. and get it done but I want to do it myself.

Get the name of the satellite they use.

And then, on http://www.dishpointer.com/, position the marker on your house, and see where/how you should align.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:2, topic:15891”]

Get the name of the satellite they use.

And then, on http://www.dishpointer.com/, position the marker on your house, and see where/how you should align.

[/quote]

Thanks mate… I’ll try that

can you tell me the monthly charges of airtel dth in pakistan???? :D

Airtel Dth Recharge is a little cheap.i recharge my account with 500 indian Rs. and my recharge will expire on october 2012.

Airtel new satellite is SES 7, 108 Degree East.

previous satellite is INSAT4CR.

I will outline the steps i took

Pre-Requestions

1.Clear view of sky in East Direction

2.A second person to check at TV for Signal

3. A bit of Patience

Tools used

1.one 10 size Spanner

2.One Philips ScrewDriver

2.Compass

3.Permanent Marker

3.www.dishpointer.com

First go to dishpointer.com,give your location,satellite(SES7) Protostar 2 and note down the following values

1.Elevation -Mine is (51.8Degree)

2.Azimuth (Mag) -Mine is (108.0 Degree)

3. LNB Skew

First Mark the current positions of the dish using a permanent marker using two lines vertical to the pole.

(This is make sure you can go back to INSAT4CR direction using the two marks)

Second notedown the values on the plactic bracket corresponding to a grove made on the metal bracket -(It will be near the 80 Degree Mark,ie Insat 4CR Azimuth(78Degree Exact).

Third loosen the two bolts on the metal bracket using size 10 spanner

Position the dish upright so that the groove will be near the Azimuth values got from dishpointer.Tighten the bolts

Fouth loosen the two bolts in vertical position to move the dish horizontaly towards east

Fifth Loosen the two philips screws and turn the LNB 45 Degrees Anticlockwise.Now the cable position will be at 3 O clock position

Ask the person near the tv to switch on the STB and check for channel 999.

You have to align the direction a bit both ways.Once you receive the help channel at 999 go to signal Strength and finetune the postion to get the maximum signal

After getting signal from SES 7 you can go to manual scan and scan for new channels by entering TP details.But you cant watch any of these channels.Please selcet "FTA+CAS" when scanning