Airline Ticket: Online vs. Travel agent

Please share your experience. For international flight is it better to buy ticket online like www.expedia.com etc or from travel agent? Refund issues on cancellation. I found better rates online. Brothers who have traveled please guide. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Online purchases require credit card, which itself is a headache when refund is required.

Once a Travel agent (my friend) advised me to buy ticket only from travel agent, dont know any cons though.

[quote=“shafiq, post:2, topic:21411”]

Online purchases require credit card, which itself is a headache when refund is required.
Once a Travel agent (my friend) advised me to buy ticket only from travel agent, dont know any cons though.
[/quote]
This is what I thought about online ticket purchase on the other hand my friend told that now in the west online tickets through credit card is very common.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Online ticket purchase is mostly very cheaper if you have confirm but a little flexible travel plan. You can browse different fares and deals and most of the time you can land on a much cheaper ticket.

if you sign up for your fav airlines newsletters then you can even receive awesome deals emails and alerts.

Altho I never tried any ticket refund so I cant say how long will that take. But changing ticket plans is very easy and sometimes it cost little to nothing.

Travel agents give flat rate tickets all year long and even more expensive tickets in certain seasons.

(I use VISA and Master debit cards)

if u buy online u save 7 %

Someone I know once purchased a ticket from Emirates Online using Bank Alfalah's credit card. He was charged more amount than that mentioned on the site check-out. I don't remember the explanation Bank gave him (some foreign transaction thing) but I think it is written behind the Credit Card statement of Bank Alfalah and probably all other Banks in Pakistan under "Terms and Conditions".